Computer problems

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Hello,

Been experiencing some wierd computer problems lately. After playing DAoC for maybe 1 - 5 hours computer automatically reboots when quitting. This just happened recently and I've never experienced anything like it. Has happened quite frequently the last days.

Another problem that has been buggering me recently is that sometimes ALL applications running on the computer ( mIRC, MSN, iexplorer etc) freezes. This is while running DAoC, DAoC works normally but I cant start any new applications nor use the ones running. The only solution is to restart computer, and while doing so I get messages saying that the problem is csApp.exe and something about Nvidiatwinmonitor, also other various applications having problems.

Thought the automatically reboot could be caused by overheating or something, but havent tweaked over overcloaked anything and computer has been working fine now for a year or two. Havent done any notable changes other than adjusting some firewall and antivirus options, assuming that has no relevance to the problem.

System I am running atm
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition ( 5.1)
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+
1024 DDR RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCatche 256 MB

Would be nice if anyone has experienced anything similiar and could try help pinpoint the exact problem. Not expecting too much as I dont really know what could be causing the problem myself.

Thanks in advance :)

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard i'll try remember to look at this thread in the morning dude, whilst at work

Got work in 7hrs 20 mins so its getting a bit late atm

Sounds related to graphics card drivers (nvidia twin monitor) From what i understand about turbocache cards, they use some of your physical memory as dedicated memory or something like that. First things first, update graphics drivers and chipset drivers to the latest version.

I'll try and take it from there tomorrow morning if i remember.

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
Coldbeard said:
The only solution is to restart computer, and while doing so I get messages saying that the problem is csApp.exe and something about Nvidiatwinmonitor, also other various applications having problems.
start menu -> run -> msconfig -> startup -> disable csAP.exe and dont launch the program manually -> reboot. Look if helps.

and yes,seems the problem is with management of memory

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
The random reeboots when quiting and such sounds a bit like PSU problems (i.e. power supply unit going bad), although im unsure if that could cause isolated programs to not start or stop working. Wouldnt be surprised if it could though, as a faulty psu can cause all sorts of things that you normaly wouldnt associate with it if it is delivering a bad current/voltage to the mainboard or gfx card etc.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Yeah, suspect there is something with the memory usage that is causing problems. Seem to be using more memory than usual.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
guildmate with a 6200se card having problems too, same thing - play for a few hours then crash.

Is ok with oblivion though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom