Computer for WHO

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
The real big advantage is that you can't see the entire screen while you're sitting in front of it. So you have to move back from your screen, so it takes up even more space (24" takes up alot of space by itself already...)...so...oh wait, no, that's not an advantage...sec, let me think of an advantage. Oh I know, there are none!

Oh, just thought of one, you can brag about it. "Mine is 24 inch!" sounds alot better than your 8 inch average ey? :p

It's all e-peen if you ask me. No-one with common sense would buy a screen as big as that. They're also way too expensive.

Some friends of mine got 30-32 inch monitors and actually need all that resolution. 10+ poker tables at same time :p

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Oskorei... get a life mate lol

Most people if they had the money would go to a 22" lcd running at 2ms response time!

Lads like you just make me laugh... probably still live at home asking mummy and daddy to save up for a monitor for you and all they can afford is a 19"!

At the end of the day, a 19" is still great but after playing for nearly 8yrs on a 19", the 22" is just amasing! Clearer, crystal clear and alot bigger and it just brings the game more to life so to speak!

End of!

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
At the end of the day, a 19" is still great but after playing for nearly 8yrs on a 19",
End of!

You bought LCD-display on release date and it worked 8 years? gimme the brand name! now that's quality :p

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Oskorei... get a life mate lol

Most people if they had the money would go to a 22" lcd running at 2ms response time!

Lads like you just make me laugh... probably still live at home asking mummy and daddy to save up for a monitor for you and all they can afford is a 19"!

At the end of the day, a 19" is still great but after playing for nearly 8yrs on a 19", the 22" is just amasing! Clearer, crystal clear and alot bigger and it just brings the game more to life so to speak!

End of!

Don't assume things you know nothing of, kid.

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
I've just purchased a new 30" Dell 3008. Lovely monitor, I got it for the resolution more than anything. I need large screens for my photography but they come in handy for gaming too :)

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Well at least you give the impression here of being quite immature.

I give the impression of being quite immature by saying there's no point in going over 19"? I don't see the relation between maturity and the size of the monitor actually.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
I give the impression of being quite immature by saying there's no point in going over 19"? I don't see the relation between maturity and the size of the monitor actually.

Indeed, doesnt seem to have any link there at all :eek7:

but when i changed from 15" to 19", and now 22", i have been impressed every single time.

and since getting to 22", it has made a massive difference for me in MMO games where i like to have lots of info on my screen, but a large visable area for seeing whats around me. friend is running apple 30" screens on his systems (rich git!) and putting a game on that was incredible.!

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
30"? How far do you have to sit away from that if you want to see the whole thing?

30"? How far do you have to sit away from that if you want to see the whole thing?

Whats wrong with you? Noone here is bitching about you liking your 19" screen, so why sit here/there and try and find some wierd excuse ( for yourself??) to why it is a waste to have 22"-32" screen?
Bigger is always better aslong as you work it out so you can see and benefit from the size. Obvously the people who have big screens can that, else they wouldnt bother investing in them since as you said they are expensive.

And yah, you sound like some bitter person living in your parents basement with an old 15" CRT monitor :)

And Vista is just as good or better then XP (IMO!). And as I said before you can turn off some of the annoying features in vista like admin thingie that pops up all the time and the UAV ( or whatever its called ) and by doing this you don't turn Vista into XP (now that was a sad argument ).

Also Vista benefits from better design, more features, more "home entertainment" stuff and DX10, where in XP you have to tweak some games to hell to get DX10 to work and on many it doesn't anyway.

I personally would never ever go back to XP even though I 99% only game on this comp, and I can't say I noticed that XP was that much more stable then Vista is when it comes to bluescreens and freezes. As someone else said its about finding the right drivers for your games, and there is alot of them to try out nowadays.

Older comp = XP New comp = Vista. :m00:

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Just to set a few things straight here: I'm not saying people shouldn't buy 30" monitors, or how big they get. All I say is, I really wouldn't like anything bigger than 19" because otherwise it'd be too big a screen to look at: I can't observe the whole thing at once. And no, there's nothing wrong with my eyes.

My asking is simply because I honestly wonder why people like to buy 24" or bigger. Although saying "Mine is 24 inch" sounds a bit like bragging to me. But I guess that's just me.

Further: just a little thing about me, not that it's any of your concern: I'm a CG professional, and I always had to work for my stuff, during my student years I worked as a bartender 4 nights a week, which is an awful lot if you also have to play Daoc/Wow, and ofcourse, study. I understand it's more easy to picture someone you don't like as an dependant person still living with mommy and daddy, but really, you guys can stop suggesting things like that about me, because it's not true, just your immagination. I never got personal with you, and probably never will. So don't try and stab me in the back.

So also: my wondering and questions rather come from a professional point of view. Not many who like a monitor over 21".

The Vista/Xp thing: I'm not a techie, but all the techies in my neighbourhood say, Vista takes too much of your computerpower, still has child-deseases and most programs aren't fully developped for it yet. I've never had a bluescreen with XP btw, but I'm probably just lucky there ^^

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Back on topic though: I'm also looking about for a new pc. Thing is, they almost always come with Vista. So when I buy a new PC, I'll probably have Vista on it, I could de-install it and put XP on it, or try some multi-OS trick. Anyway, if I'm going to get Vista, I would like the best one ofcourse, and since there's like a gazillion different versions (there isn't just a Vista pro, or atleast I haven't seen it), which one should I get?

Bourlog

Fledgling Freddie
Ive had a 21" when playing daoc, i loved having that big screen. But it was pretty old so i had to buy a new 19" one. Damn i miss that 21

Imo its a really big difference between 19" and 21". But gaming on my 19" works great!

just got some new stuff for war, hope it will run smootly! :)
intel dual 2ghz
2x 1024 kingston RAM
Geforce 8500 GT
Will work pretty nice dont ya think?

angrymoon

Fledgling Freddie
Ive had a 21" when playing daoc, i loved having that big screen. But it was pretty old so i had to buy a new 19" one. Damn i miss that 21

Imo its a really big difference between 19" and 21". But gaming on my 19" works great!

just got some new stuff for war, hope it will run smootly! :)
intel dual 2ghz
2x 1024 kingston RAM
Geforce 8500 GT
Will work pretty nice dont ya think?

Can't even judge until system requirements are released. I've heard it runs most of the engines from DAoC - So if you can run the new expansions you can run WAR

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
If it helps in understanding I have a rather large desk 2.6m x 1.2m, on which I have one 30" TFT and 2x 24" TFT's, one on either side. Distance from me to the monitors is about 1 meter.

I have no trouble looking at any one monitor, and if I lean back in the chair I can see all three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom