Computer for WHO

Rod-mjaa

Regular Freddie
What kinda computer should I put together for WHO?
Played daoc with 2 accounts running on 1.4GHz, 512Mb DDR and radeon 9000..
I tell u that was hell, and now I got money to invest for teh real shyt ;>

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH

I think ur gonna have some problems whit WAR whit that comp spec :/
time to save some money!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

if you can run World of Warcraft you can run Warhammer aparently. and WoW isnt very system demanding.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH

Could get some extra memory since its a nice cheapish upgrade. Someone can correct me if im wrong but WAR is based on the DAOC engine, so if you can run labby client with cats models ok then you should be ok with WAR.

Rod-mjaa

Regular Freddie
ah, didn't know it's on daoc engine.. :)
but going to buy new comp on january..
what should I have in new comp? atleast I need vista for the school..
I dont know anything about new hardware.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Honestly, minimum you should be looking at is 3.2 dual core, 2 gb ram, and 512 mb gfx card. More than that ain't gonna hurt, but the higher the spec you can get, the better its gonna run. They are still optimising it, so you'll get better performance in live than in beta, but i understand the beta is quite system hungry.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Some dual core machine, 2GB RAM, a DX10 capable card (I think?).

Just wait until the game is close to launch, prices nearly always go down so you'll get more for your money at a later date.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i wouldnt use WoW as a measuring stick, it was designed to be very scaling so almost anyone could play it .

Just wait until the game is close to launch, prices nearly always go down so you'll get more for your money at a later date.

what he said ;)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
ok good test:

If you can run unreal tournament3... you can run every damn game that will be on the market the comming 4 years:p

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Im gone get a new pc for this game as well as my own pc broke down half a year ago. Im just gone invest a 1200-1500€ in it. Let the owner of the store decides to make me a as good as possible 1.

Rod-mjaa

Regular Freddie
Abit IP35
nvidia 8800GT 512mb
Intel C2D E6750
2gb(2x1gb) DDR2 800mhz
Antec Sonata III, 500W

been thinking something like that, should I get duo or quad processor?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
atleast I need vista for the school..

i would very much not recomend vista on a PC u use for gaming on. theres so many games that just wont work properly on vista at the moment.

Rod-mjaa

Regular Freddie
I just found out WHO wont come out before 3th month so the new comp buying is frozen for now..

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
You know as well as i do how laggy and system hungry RvR games get, i couldn't advise him to get anything less than that :) With Vista running in the background (which i have to assume is going to be the case from now on) having a demanding client on top of a bloatware OS, yeah i'm sticking with the 3.2 to have total ease of playability. If not going for total performance, ain't much point buying a new PC :)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah you probably right,Bought E6400(2,14) year ago and it's already rubbish :( Wish i would dare/knew how to OC :p

Insane how fast processors go old nowdays.

angrymoon

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone have an idea how War will treat Quad core systems?

I have an inkling it will be Duel Core minimum and Quad core recommended.

But then again, depends if they optimise it for multi-threaded cores...darn I want the system requirements!

misterjingo

Fledgling Freddie
You know as well as i do how laggy and system hungry RvR games get, i couldn't advise him to get anything less than that :) With Vista running in the background (which i have to assume is going to be the case from now on) having a demanding client on top of a bloatware OS, yeah i'm sticking with the 3.2 to have total ease of playability. If not going for total performance, ain't much point buying a new PC :)

Unless you run a game in windowed mode, vista shuts down all aero, the desktop etc, so there is minimal happening in the background while the games playing (a benefit of the gfx extensions being so ingrained into the OS rather than extensions run on top of it). Poor performance to date has mainly been driver issues rather than bloat.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Looking at Intel's coming pricecut on their CPU's and the release of the 8800GT's coupled with the very low ram prices it's looking like a good time to get a new PC.

I'd suggest something along the lines of the 2.4GHz QuadCore Intel CPU, 2GB of 800MHz DDR2 Ram and an nVidia 8800GT gfx card. With that no game should really give you problems running it, especially considering you can get the CPU up to 3-3.2GHz on the standard heatsink.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I'd suggest something along the lines of the 2.4GHz QuadCore Intel CPU, 2GB of 800MHz DDR2 Ram and an nVidia 8800GT gfx card. With that no game should really give you problems running it

One word, Crysis :p

Helme

Resident Freddy
That computer should have no problem whatsoever running Crysis.

The GT card is insanely powerful for it's price and you can easily get the Q6600 to 3-3.2GHz using stock cooler. Only weakspot I see is the ram tbh. That said, Crysis is hardly a game worth forking out 30-40% more cash for, considering you'll be running it at very high graphics with good framerate anyways.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
A computer that can run WoW or DAoC on highest settings should be able to run WAR on lowest atleast :)

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
I'm just planning on buying the best I can afford end of Q1 2008, so it's all systems go when WAR launches...unless they postpone it more, then I'll just buy the best I can afford a bit later on ;)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
That computer should have no problem whatsoever running Crysis.

It should be pretty playable on lower resolutions a la 1280 X 1024,i want to see comp what runs it on 1900 X xxx thought.

Helme

Resident Freddy
It should be pretty playable on lower resolutions a la 1280 X 1024,i want to see comp what runs it on 1900 X xxx thought.
Actually you are probably looking at around 1600ish resolution with that computer I posted, the GT card is basically like the GTX, but for half the price and 256mb ram less.

That said, Warhammer should run at top gfx with no problems at all, unless they postpone it til like 09 and upgrade the graphics to that years standard.

i would very much not recomend vista on a PC u use for gaming on. theres so many games that just wont work properly on vista at the moment.

This is strange tbh, personally I don't have that many problems, if any with vista. Once you found what drivers that works for your games then its just like XP. And you can turn off alot of the stupid functions in vista, actually can turn them all off.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
This is strange tbh, personally I don't have that many problems, if any with vista. Once you found what drivers that works for your games then its just like XP. And you can turn off alot of the stupid functions in vista, actually can turn them all off.

maybe i misunderstand you but, that reads as...

install vista, rip out all the vista bits so its basically XP again, and it runs like XP... ??

:eek7:

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Actually you are probably looking at around 1600ish resolution with that computer I posted, the GT card is basically like the GTX, but for half the price and 256mb ram less.

That said, Warhammer should run at top gfx with no problems at all, unless they postpone it til like 09 and upgrade the graphics to that years standard.

Depends on how high aa/af settings you wanna have really, at some point having only 512mb will slow it down.
Sadly I can't find the test that I saw not long ago illustrating this.
However I do own that comp you mentioned along with antec p182, thermalright ultra extreme coupled with a silverstone 800-2400rpm fan.
As far as I could see with limited "testing" it was rather accurate.
aa/af(not lowest) + 1600x1200 will stop it from running smooth.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

as posted above. ur making vista into XP doing that. then whats the point in using vista?

could have saved the cash and kept XP.

and yes i know theres 3:rd pary drivers (and some original drivers) thats vista compatible now. but theres still so many screwups in vista itself its just not worth it running games on yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom