Computer crashes randomly when playing daoc

Irksole

Fledgling Freddie
Hi, my computer does this about 6 times a day when its in the loading screen normally but i just had it when i was walking through Tnn. The computer just comes up with the dreaded blue background with writing saying a lot of crap but the main thing it says is : Driver IRQL less or not equal. Is there anyway to sort out this problem?

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
what gfx card do you use?? and what version of the driver.

i think it might be a driver and even more i supect is your gfx driver.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Suprising the "lot of crap" is usefull information, after the system reboots check the event log for a summary of the crash event. But it does sound like a GFX driver as mentioned above,

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
the "load of crap" is a core memory dump, need that info to diagnose what fucked up, trying updating your direct x drivers if you haven't already got the latest.
:m00:

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
if you have the latest drivers on ati cards i can say from experiance they crash, sepecially when playing daoc. so a good idea is to get the previous ones and use them untill they fixx the new ones

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
If you are using ATI RADEON chipset cards,

1) Download driver v. 5.2 from ATI website for 9600 and below
2) Download driver v. 5.6 from ATI website for 9800

Also check to make sure there is no IRQ conflict between your gfxcard and any other device.

Irksole

Fledgling Freddie
Am using Nvidia nforce 2, tried downloading driver updates before but something went wrong but gonna try again now and ill report back.

When i had this problem it was due to overheating, try clearing you're fan of dust etc, or just check it's still working fine. :)

Irksole

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm ok i do have a very dusty inside of the computer because the side cover has fallen off. Driver update downloads succesfully then extracts and says its loading installwizard and then that box closes and nothing else happens..hmm :(

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Couple things to do;

1) Uninstall your drivers before installing new ones.

2) Check your machine for spyware/viruses

3) Dowload SpeedFan ( I think) and monitor your gfx cards temperature. Best way to do this is to play a game that works your gfx card ( doom 3, Far Cry) etc. turn all the settings to max and alt tab and see how hot your card runs. I think around 50-60 C is ok but low 60s and almost 70 is too hot and may cause errors.

4) Download 3dmark and see how your computer works overall.

5) this is a very helpful site tovisit http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu15.html
follow the instructions on how to post minidumps and post them on the boards with the problem you are having. they could tell you what "exactly" the error message means from looking at the minidumps.

This is all I can think of now. Another option is to format and re-install windows but before going through that process I would seuggest you to try couple of the things above. Hope that helps.

/cheers

jenifer

Fledgling Freddie
im also having the same problems with my nvidia geforce card if u wanna look at my thread.. someone useful tips there.. but till now my problem moves from one thing to another :(

hope you solve yours and if u do please tlel me how!

Slipurson

Fledgling Freddie
I have a similar problem but my comp just shuts down totaly with daoc.. not with other games tho (well not the ones i have tried).. gonna try some with new and old drivers..

Doesnt matter if i use TOA or Catacombs client.. it just randomly shuts down no matter where i am in the world..

but as i said i will do some research and try some bits and bobs and see what happens.. (cuz i really want my BB on another comp then the main) and get back to you if i come up with something usefull...

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Well since patch game has some stability issues on all PCs I run it on. On one, I tend to get 'Application performed blah blah' error or it closes itself without reporting a thing - happens approx every 3 hours, on other one rendering freezes, disc starts swapping like mad and after while monitor turns black due to no signal input. Applications in background work (TS), but can't alttab, ctrl+alt+del or anything, just cold restart. happens about once a day. Third computer shows both problems mentioned.

I didn't figure what to do with that - neither one is overheating, neither one lacks for power, neither one has any problems outside DAoC. Each of computers use different CPU, mobo, GFX card (though all are nVidia) and even driver versions vary.

Imo it's simply problem of bugged 1.78 patch

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Are you sure about those gfx card temps? coz my gf6600GT ends up around 65-70 quite fast...and according to nvidia its core slowdown treshold is 127 o_O

My comp crashes sometimes too, which I believe is gfx card related..so you could be right...but why is the threshold so high then?!

/Dracus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom