Community games

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Okay guys, looks like TFC has managed to continue the community nights, so why not CS?

I can only think of the KEA server off the top of my head as a place to host CS community games, but thats entirely up to them. If anyone else here has a server thats available now and again please speak up.

So, Trem, Throd, any nights that your server definetly isnt used for clan games? Would you be happy to see a FH invasion on your server?

If we can figure out when a server is avialable we can move on to seeing if anyone actually wants to play.

Don't know if I will play myself, I am boerd of CS mainly because I only enjoy playing against people I know, and you dont get that anymore on most servers.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Sounds a good plan Ch3ts

[N~@] currently have a server which can be available for these sessions.

Ip Address is: 195.20.108.11:27025 and currently Cheating Death is "optional" but we are implementing a kick for >10 frags if you DO NOT HAVE CD. Initially, the server will be open and FH will be welcome.

If the Community night takes off, I can ask if we can password the server for a certain night/time for specific use of Freddyhouse peeps and [N~@] peeps.

Currently, training sessions are on Sundays (9pm-10pm) and Tuesday (7pm-9pm) but any other night would be acceptable

Lets me know and I can find out more.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ch3tan said:
Don't know if I will play myself, I am boerd of CS mainly because I only enjoy playing against people I know, and you dont get that anymore on most servers.

Exactly the same for me mate , but I still like playing people I know.
Friday nights and Saturdays nights are definately no-match nights, and tbh we only prolly 1 or 2 nights a week maximum for matches, so you could easily say tuesdays as a safe bet for a community night.
Id be very glad to see you all too :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Even I will play if this is implemented. The KEA server is never populated so any sort of invasion would be welcome I'd imagine.

Killing people you know is so much more satisfying.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
sounds like a plan id join u guys for a laugh.. mind i suck at cs now :<

SparKeh

Fledgling Freddie
TAA Public Server is always up and unfortunately always empty.

lynx.taa-gaming.com:27015 TAA-Gaming >> TAA Public Server [dust/inferno/dust2]

It's a 20player and im up to any sensible suggestions re: addons/mapcycles and possibly admins.

It's a very good server, just unknown to most. There are only 2 ports on the box, the taa public & taa private (12player passworded). It runs on an intel 2.4ghz, 1gig ram, yadda yadda etc.

I've also setup public ventrilo channels for games if anyone was interested in chatting on them during the community nights or any other nights feel free. The address is comms.taa-gaming.com port 6000 and no passwords are needed.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
:) raar, servers for nearly all the week.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
just an ammendment to my previous post.

I spoke to the server manager over at [N~@] and he would WELCOME an influx of "Freddies" onto the server.

He even went one step further and said that he would password the server for the Community Games AND possibly provide limited control to allow map changes etc.

If it were to kick off, then you would all be welcome on our server.

itcheh

Part of the furniture
So what's the plan then? Dates, times, server IPs ...etc

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
This is the third time I've tried to blag my server to you. Previous two times I jumped the gun but now a thread for it comes up and I miss it completely. Dopey arse whole.

213.228.215.19:27020
FAST ACTION RESPONSE TACTICS

Hosted by e-FRAG.co.uk. It has good pings, steady patrolling and is strict against idiotic twats. I bought it as a public, not for a clan, but I lend it to people and organisations I trust. It's waiting for you.

Passworded, no problem. Whatever you want. Fancy changing the hostname to "FreddysHouse - CS 1.6"? Then FH members who play CS would have somewhere to live, and kick everyone off when they wanted privacy. The UT announcer sounds can be turned off if they annoy.

For my community night recommendations, I suggest Wednesdays and Sundays, 9PM to 11PM British time.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Been lurking around the server suggested.

I think the KEA, TAA and Ninja association servers are the best choices as regards stable servers with a friendly player base. Ninja server is very very busy though, so it would probably need passwording for us Freddys to get on to.

If you are intrested in playing a community game this Wednesday night then please pimp your name here, and the best starting time for you. I was thinking about 8ish.

I am quite busy as usual, so I apologise about how long this has taken to sort out.

Hope to see lots of names down :)

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Ch3tan said:
Been lurking around the server suggested.

I think the KEA, TAA and Ninja association servers are the best choices as regards stable servers with a friendly player base. Ninja server is very very busy though, so it would probably need passwording for us Freddys to get on to.

If you are intrested in playing a community game this Wednesday night then please pimp your name here, and the best starting time for you. I was thinking about 8ish.

I am quite busy as usual, so I apologise about how long this has taken to sort out.

Hope to see lots of names down :)

So we aint good enough :( the [707] like our server , nobody lubs us :(

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Ninja server is no longer running CD (Cheating Death) - it has"resintalled" VAC.

Make sure you do not have CD running if you attempt to connect

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
A note to say I've just paid for a dedicated box with a decent host. We expect to have just the two processes, so something a bit more permanent for FH games can be set up later on.

My e-FRAG server subscription will be expiring in a week's time. A lot of us hostees have had bad ping spikes. They moved the other process off the box I was on and left me on my own, and that sorted the problem for us. Thing is the box is a dual Xeon :S

I dunno.

----

Wednesday at 8PM is fine for me.

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
The new server is up. Its' address is 213.230.203.191:27015. You can find details in #coalition on QuakeNet IRC.

A separate, passworded FH server can also be set up if requested.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Tonight at 9 o clock on kea sound okay? As long as the server is free for use?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Arrggh ! We have a match tonight at -wait for it- 9pm sorry guys :(

Tbh I have an admission.

I have returned to counter-strike.

So the KEA server will have people on it a lot more now, so why not just play on it whenever you like.
Lets face it, this idea of enforced "you must turn up at 9pm" stuff never worked in BW, so why should it work now? Seriously, you're all welcome on our server ANY time, and I will be there with my violent admin skills quite a lot too :)

Btw, I imagine the match will be finished by 9.45, so if you want to come on later you're welcome then too :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Unfortunately I don't play CS anymore reallly so I will miss j00 guys. I only play teh odd clanny when KEA are truly desperate.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
leggy said:
Unfortunately I don't play CS anymore reallly so I will miss j00 guys. I only play teh odd clanny when KEA are truly desperate.

Awwwww come back Leggy :) we miss j00000

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
leggy said:

aint that the truth!!!

In fact, throddy told me that they only ask you AFTER ive said no :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Okies, at 9:45 I will be there :)

Not trying to enforce anything, just a rough time of when people can expect to find someone else on.

Come back leggy, should be a laugh.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Chet and everyone, the game was cancelled , the server is free NOW come on in the waters lovely :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom