Community game?

C

Chameleon

So what happened to the weekly community q3ctf game? It never seems to be listed in bif's weekly roundup type email thing, so I guess it's no longer happening? The game.net servers are still void of players whenever I check! The preview server thing could really work very well for osp ctf with a little effort I'm sure. There are a small selection of osp ctf servers that are full all day and night, which used to be BW servers, but now we have to play on servers in holland or germany :( Could the q3 league and/or quakenation not get some regular thing running to help populate this server?
I had to quit the gamemaster thing cos I couldn't commit enough time regularly to running the community game and the servers, etc, etc, but I'd turn up when I could to play, as I'm sure many of those who attended the community event before would.

B

bigfoot

They are on hold at the moment, pretty much all our community play in the leagues and whilst they run I'm not doing the community games. When they (CTF & TDM) finish I'll look at reviving them :).

C

Chameleon

Other than the limitations on your own time Bif, I don't see why people being in the leagues should effect the community games or the usage of the preview server. There certainly used to be 10-12 or more who would simply turn up every week for the community game without any input needed from anyone else. I know there is supposed to be someone there to support new players, etc, but firstly there were never any total newbs there and secondly, if there were, plenty of those attending would be more than happy to help them. It needn't have been dropped totally, surely?
With regard to the preview server ..... it seems like it's just been bought online and then left to populate itself. Why don't those from the BW/Game irc channels join up there for a blast when the fancy takes them and can't there be some plugging the server on quakenation and the league site, for example? It's such a waste!
I know you are probably short of hands to help out with q3 (and plenty of other games), but imo the best way to help this situation is to have a few people do a little to help, rather than one person doing it all. I was always happy to lend a hand, but had to stop helping with q3 totally cos suddenly I found myself with way too much for a casual gamer with a busy work/personal life to deal with. Something needs to be done, those damn german/dutch servers arent a patch on bw ones!

Users who are viewing this thread