Coming to mid/excal

Dorimor1

Banned
Hi people, before I go into the complicating stuff, I'd like to introduce myself..
I have played DAoC since January 2002 now, since then I have been playing on albion/prydwen. Despite having the game so long, I have taken regular brakes to keep my RL intact :)
I have chosen to come to midgard excalibur to experience new playing styles, meet new friends, join in with a different community and most of all have fun :D I've become so bored of farming scrolls and MLs that I've decided to undertake a new challenge. I basically know all the albion classes well, and, to me they are quite dull, thats why I wish to start fresh on a new realm.

I was just wondering if I could gather some advice from you peeps on which classes that are needed or are a lack of in mid, which ones are best for newcomers and fun to play ;)

Oops.. I think I've explained too much, well, thanks for listening, hopefully I'll cya around :)

Himse

FH is my second home
Welcome to Midgard :D:D:D

Question: What class do you plan to roll? (Please dont say BD) :D

Dorimor1

Banned
Hi Himse :)

Himse said:
(Please dont say BD)
Firstly, please don't say the word BD.. It brings back frightening memories.
tbh I'd like to roll a caster as I have 2 tanks on pryd, I was thinking cave shaman maybe..

Himse

FH is my second home
Dorimor1 said:
Hi Himse :)

Firstly, please don't say the word BD.. It brings back frightening memories.
tbh I'd like to roll a caster as I have 2 tanks on pryd, I was thinking cave shaman maybe..

Yayness! :) you can always PM me ingame on Himster if im on and ask questions about shammys although i am a complete noob apparently :eek2:

Edit: i used to have a shaman =)

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Dorimor1 said:
I was thinking cave shaman maybe..

44a/31c/4m or 43a/31c/10m, i strongly advice not to go a "cave" specc with high cave, you will prolly regret it, but if you do anyway go high cave do 37a/39c/4m, but 44aug is a more fun specc realy, thats my opinion atleast.

Dorimor1

Banned
Righto, thanks for your advise mate, I will probably go the way you suggested, as I've heard thats a good way to play a shammy.. though do you know the best spec for RvR?

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Sigel mentioned rvr specs.
no active shaman in needed in PvE, all the ppl use bbs.

Dorimor1

Banned
Thanks for your advise peeps and I hope to see you in-game

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
active shamans are needed in rvr though imo , not many left.

Kais

Banned
cave/aug shaman can solo in pve reasonably well, if you have a second account roll a real caster.

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Kais said:
cave/aug shaman can solo in pve reasonably well, if you have a second account roll a real caster.

i can solo reasonably well as 44a/31c aswell, but a high cave/low aug wont get grps in rvr, and if someone invites someone specced like that the grp aint worth running in...

Kais

Banned
Roteca said:
i can solo reasonably well as 44a/31c aswell, but a high cave/low aug wont get grps in rvr, and if someone invites someone specced like that the grp aint worth running in...

I said pve not rvr, in pve a high aug shaman is going to have it tough if they want to solo to 50. Whereas in rvr the spec you mentioned is one of the best out there. Remember respec stones are ingame for a reason :p

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Kais said:
I said pve not rvr, in pve a high aug shaman is going to have it tough if they want to solo to 50. Whereas in rvr the spec you mentioned is one of the best out there. Remember respec stones are ingame for a reason :p

i ment pve aswell, there was no mob that could kill me in spindel last time i was there, managed to do cloudsong prequest solo aswell, if i had more time i could do 1.1 solo, but the time runs out before im done 8) dont have any struggle with the orange/red mobs in poc either as solo.

things migth take a bit longer then if i was higher cave, but its still possible

Kais

Banned
Roteca said:
i ment pve aswell, there was no mob that could kill me in spindel last time i was there, managed to do cloudsong prequest solo aswell, if i had more time i could do 1.1 solo, but the time runs out before im done 8) dont have any struggle with the orange/red mobs in poc either as solo.

things migth take a bit longer then if i was higher cave, but its still possible

i'm assuming he is going to exp it from lvl 20, in which case more cave is probably a better choice. I'm specced 46/27 currently and its pretty common for 1 dot tick to equal the dmg from the dd, the bolt hits for slightly more, hence why I think cave would be more appropriate for exping:)

...and I don't need telling what a shaman can do in pve at level 50, dot + end regen is a poweful combination.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Make a supp SM. Good allround class both in pve and rvr. Groupfriendly as well.

Welcome and hope u enjoy mid. :)

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome....
Dark SM is great for RvR - Supp SM Great for PvE (And in certain occasions, can be very useful in RvR)

Also, If your thinking of joining a guild, Then <Realm Defenders> are always recruiting, we have lower level characters in our guild, so its always good to find someone to team up with, We do occasional XP/Artifct hunts where any class is accepted. And were a great bunch! (Just do a /who Realm ... there is always someone online availible to invite new members).

But anyway, I wish you best of luck in our realm, Mid is definatly a fun place to be. And we shall see you soon.

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome aboard :clap:

If youre going shaman, I recommend the specc 39c/37a/4m. My shaman is using that specc, have tried higher aug as well, but cave suits my playstyle much better. Its true that I lack ae buff shearing, but personally i can do with ae dis or aeroot if Im in a situation where i need to keep many casters busy at one time, otherwise str/con single shear is ace for keeping casters busy :)
I mainly use him for pvp, but hes excellent for pve as well, xping artis and questing has never been a problem solo.

And when it comes to aug, I think im 3 points or something away from capping em with 25% buff effectiveness, so youll manage on that point :)

Mending? Shamans arent really supposed to do any real healing anyways imo

Good luck with whatever you choose :)

Dorimor1

Banned
thanks for your reply all, I've always known mid/excal would be a friendly place. I'm still a bit confused as to what spec I want, though 44a/31c sounds like my favourite option atm

pixieblue said:
Also, If your thinking of joining a guild, Then <Realm Defenders> are always recruiting, we have lower level characters in our guild, so its always good to find someone to team up with, We do occasional XP/Artifct hunts where any class is accepted. And were a great bunch! (Just do a /who Realm ... there is always someone online availible to invite new members).

thanks for the offer mate, I am looking for a friendly guild to join, I may contact one of your guildies on line:)
EDIT: It looks like i defo wont be going healing

ah, another thing.

are shamans included in a 'balanced' rvr grp.. i dont really want to roll a sm as I would like to have the stability of being a shammy

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Kais said:
...and I don't need telling what a shaman can do in pve at level 50, dot + end regen is a poweful combination.

St dot is a base line spell.
I've 31+9+11 = 51 in cave and im satisfied with my st dot dmg variation. Actually it's the same as for rr2 shaman with 39cave spec.
Bolt and DD r not that useful vs red+ mobs.

2 Sigel: for 1.1 mobs high cave spec would be very handy due to wellknown reason.

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Summoner said:
2 Sigel: for 1.1 mobs high cave spec would be very handy due to wellknown reason.

its more handy to buy a respecc stone and get wp5 and some mom and rp2 i think thou, and ra respeccs are cheaper then skill respeccs ^^

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
If you roll a shaman, just make sure it's a large troll...

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
I usually play hib/ex but i also made a zerker at mid/pryd so will be playing a bit there soon :clap:

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
48 cave 22 aug 11 mend for teh win...... played shammy to rr 4|9 like that....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom