Coming back

Spades

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all!

I am a long time reader not many time poster on these forums. I used to play DAoC for a few years but quit about 5 months ago cus i went traveling. Anyways I'm back now and ready to get back into DAoC :D

Unfortunatly I gave my account to a friend so I have had to get a new one. I have cata enabled and all the expansions now and ready to set off. What I would like to know are your opinions on the best class to get to 50 with in Mid. I have no bot and dont mind grp or solo play, i just want to try and get to 50 fast so i can start to compete by doing ToA and such. I would also like the class to be competent in end game RvR. Alot to ask i know :p

Also, I am looking for a nice and friendly UK guild that might take me under their wing, and help me with any new features that have been implemented :)

Velveteen

Fledgling Freddie
Heya mate and welcome back =)

what was the name of your chars?

if you need any help with items/leveling feel free to shout me, I was thinking about lvling up a new char old fashioned, so if you need a partner shout me.

Since ToA all casters are awesome. But PvE casters can be a tad slow. Just go with any class you enjoy playing, who can tell you the way you wanna play the game? =)

You could always join the crowds and roll a warlock, they are easy to level apparently. =)

Spades

Fledgling Freddie
The only decent char i actually managed to stick with was my troll Skald who got to 42ish i think. Was called Spades.

Was thinking going with an SM as thats the only class i have never really played very high. The new classes really dont sound that appealing to me tbh.

Saying that tho, i really like playing melee classes and hybrids, hence the skald i had before :)

I just dont want to end up doing what i did before and float between each class only getting to about lvl 20 :(

Thanks for the offer ill prob take you up on that help, and sure we can lvl together, as soon i decide what class i wanna play :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
warlocks are very easy to level to 50 in task dungeons and basicly the only dt you'll have is when your reloading your chambers.

if you like hybrids tho, you might want to try out a thane, they have become alot more viable now, and ST is nice. valkyr is another option altho as i've understood it, there are stil alot of bugs with valkyr's

Spades

Fledgling Freddie
Thane sounds interesting. I had always wanted to make one but heard they were gimped and useless in RvR. If that has changed I might just roll one :)

If I take my Thane to the cat dugeons and instanced stuff won't i lvl up just as quick as warlock? If not then warlock might be an option.

Any guilds looking for new people? :)

Angrist

Part of the furniture
The dark alliance is a big guild with ppl's from lots of different places, we only speak english in /gu.

We do both rvr and pve.

pm any member ingame and ask for a Elite dark knight (edk) there will surely be some1 online to let u in on guild rules and /invite.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well,

if your looking for "elite rvr" then thane might not be the best option, since tho's grp's go for the 2xzerk, dark sm + rc rm setup and often pref a warr to a thane, but the pro's of a thane is the utility they bring to any fight, solo, small grp's fg grp's..in other words a nice all round cha imo...shield, insta's, dd's, Aoe, bg, grapple and ofc St. on the wl question i'd have to say nothing lvl's as fast solo..you kill very fast ans as i said the only dt you'll have is reloading your chambers..0-50 can be done in about 7 days if your dedicated ;)

Spades

Fledgling Freddie
Ok thanks Angrist ill have a look when i decide what class im gonna play :)

I am dedicated but have rl to deal with to with work, gf...etc So maybe i would be better going Thane. Although I want to get to 50 soon, i would rather go with a class i actually want to play, even though it might be a little slower.

Have also been thinking about a 2H savage. How are they now? I heard you can do impressive damage with them.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well ye but, savages arent really wanted thease days due to lack of charge ra' and det really dosent exist any more, add that savs have been as the only class in daoc hardcapped at 5.5 no matter wich wep you choose...
solo as h2h is preatty easy tho, specially post rr5 "bliss" ;)

Spades

Fledgling Freddie
EDIT: Actually I have decided now, I am gonna make a Thane no matter what the VNboards say :D

I think the spec im gonna go for is 48SC/42Shield/39Hammer/rest parry
Does that sound ok? I think i worked it our right ;)

I heard Frost is good race for Thane, but is it really that different to a Norse?

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Zerker with shammy bb. Roxxor soloing, roxxor grping.

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
you shouldn't listen to VNboards too much imo, they have a tendency to exaggerate :)

Thanes really are ok, especially in NF with tower/keep/bridge fights, you really want a char with range. IF you don't have a bot a thane is even better because of the s/c self buff and dmg add. Static tempest is really nice as well, and they can become battlemasters for some more nice tools.

Have a warlock, but got really tired of him at 48 (first time i tried big boy rvr) since the only thing he needs to do is use his chamber and maybe uninterruptable lifetaps, which is a shame cause they got some fun tools.

Love my thane tho :)

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
I am sure <Realm Defenders> Can take you on, Were a freindly english guild that enjoy group activities like Arti/XP/RvR raids.

You can contact any of our Members and we should be able to invite you.
I am currently away from the game for a while, But when I do return in a few days or so, I'll hope to see you around ;)

/Maria :wub:

Helme

Resident Freddy
If I would reroll I would choose either a caster, zerk or hybrid, not heavytank due to hybrids(namely thane) got way better realm abilities :)

Spades

Fledgling Freddie
That settles it then, Thane it is! I will roll soon as i get home from work :D
Gona roll norse i think, Frost just looks a bit too flimbsy to me ;)

Thanks pixie i will look into it on sun prob cus not really gonna be on much tonight or tomo (damn that RL hehe)

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there, nice class choice :)

As you probably know, piety is what decide your casting dmg, so at creation i suggest 10 points into piety(no acuity/piety buffs for thane/skald), 10 points into dexterity since dexterity decide how fast you will cast your nukes, and dex also help out with block and parry, now you have 10 points left, that id either put into str or con, or 5 in each.

48sc, 42shield, 39weapon, 15parry is a nice spec :)

For bg1-Thidranki i suggest you aim for this spec:
23sc(for best nuke,a must have really), shield18(for a reactive stun-5sec)hammer 15(for nice anytime, that take very little endurance) and parry6(will help your overall defence, especially vs dualwielders, since blockrate is 50% less vs a dualwielder, parry remain the same though).
Get +5 to hammer, parry and shield, no need to put anything into sc, (you might do 3-7 more dmg each nuke, with +5 instead of +0), u wont hit uber hard with your weapon, but you'll do ok dmg, especially with 2-handed, your great defence will help you win most solo fights(combined with ok weapon dmg, and nice instas ;] ).

Good luck with your thane m8

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom