Coming back to daoc!!!???

Riotsz

Fledgling Freddie
Evening guys! Im consiering coming back to daoc after having a breakfor about 6 months. The only main char ive got is a 50 merc, decently kitted out but with frontiers is there gonna be any point in keeping this guy??
Would i have to roll a caster/scout before i wud get into any groups etc??
I cant imagine things have changed too much since i was playing so i would expect it to take afew months to lvl a new char upto 50 :mad: If i had to tho id probably go a sorc, luv crowd control!!

Cheers for any comments guys n gals!!

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I've never been an expert on RvR, being a PvEer (No mez, no zergs, and the mobs don't whine on FH :)) but Sorcs always do decently in RvR. Scouts we have a dime in a dozen already. ;p Sorcs probably too, heh. :) I'd recommend you'd make a class you think you'll like anyway, if that's a sorc, then by all means, roll a sorc. :)

It doesn't take a few months to get to 50 anymore, but it'll take atleast that to get the MLs done and get TOAd up. :p

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
we have sorcs a dime a dozen but very very very few that a. have skills b. can bare always being the first target

Riotsz

Fledgling Freddie
Ive played a sorc a fair amout before. (used my mates 50 sorc running around in emain) and i was fairly decent, normally got the first mezz off but omg they are are weeds, been 2 shotted from a savage, lol 2 seconds and that was me floor huggin again hehe.
I really dont want to go scout, cant be bothered with the whole soloing to 50 thing lol, and i wont be having a buffbot so id get my assed kicked anyways.

Am i right in saying that tanks have no place in rvr nowadays?? kinda gutted if they dont, luvd playin the merc

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Riotsz said:
Am i right in saying that tanks have no place in rvr nowadays?? kinda gutted if they dont, luvd playin the merc

no is bs ... every group needs at least 1 merc ... charge is stlong nowadays

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Clerics and friars are always needed. Especially cleric. But mercenary is also something we definitely need more of. Good thing with a merc, is that a group can easy use a couple without getting gimped. (Like with a pally, friar etc) So you wont have to reroll to get groups. I have never had any problems at all with getting group as a merc.

edit; Not as cleric either. Probably even easier.

Martok

Part of the furniture
DavidH said:
Clerics and friars are always needed. Especially cleric. But mercenary is also something we definitely need more of. Good thing with a merc, is that a group can easy use a couple without getting gimped. (Like with a pally, friar etc) So you wont have to reroll to get groups. I have never had any problems at all with getting group as a merc.

lol sooo true!!!!!!!

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
DavidH said:

You damn lucky then xD

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
clerics are needed en RVR ......

ive tried cleric in RVR if you only get decent grps and not über grps. they aint that funny,, rather make sorc. :D ..... im playing sorc atm its lvl 22 ;)).. planning to get it to 50 in a few months ;))... else make fire wizz ;)) imo

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Hah, Clerics are quite fun to play in RVR. Stun, smite, occasionally throw a heal around, it's really nice because everyone always goes for the casters first these days, I've found that with my cleric I can usually keep a good sight over what is happening on the battlefield, and assist with my stuns and heals where needed. If you get DI up you wont have to focus on healing the first 5 seconds, giving you extra time to assist with stuns. Just be careful not to stun someone who's getting a slam his way, or your tanks will QQ. ;)

Also, thid level RVR is not a good way to determine a clerics worth in RVR. :p

fortunefish

Banned
yeh martok lol thats coz youve got the most Hps ingame and your rep and friend ingame get u into grp.(edit) Get onto your Tic so i can give you some of teh PL lubing!!1

After 6 months it will be hard that the truth you will have to find a nice guild and build up some friends/trust get a few bainlord mls under your belt and one or two artis. but imo its fun! none else thinks so but activating a new artis a thrill for me especially after 2 weeks in green glades farming the scrolls for it ;).

Mercs rule always will always have done be it that in beta they rocked coz they can use two weps...or the fact that their similars wear one lower armour type. you wont have trouble finding a grp and especially not solo.

(Tip i found useful---Find a Alchemist and get him to make you a few haste pots then get some nice slow hard weps (without BB im talking) and you will be dishing out alot of dmg faster) <--- works nice as with all the artis its all about speed and dmg these days

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Shanaia said:

Only 1 merc if you are of strong sexy ogre eh Shan? :wub:

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:

:fluffle: :fluffle: :fluffle:

these coming back threads are alot better then the quitting ones :-D

and more scoutage shan! :<

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Straef said:
You damn lucky then xD

that's because you run in gimp guild like "Staef's Fanclub" in a gank guild, a strong merc as you would easily get grps 8( <3

deepflame, clerics need to shear more and stun less!

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
fortunefish said:
Mercs rule always will always have done be it that in beta they rocked coz they can use two weps...or the fact that their similars wear one lower armour type. you wont have trouble finding a grp and especially not solo.
Trust me on this, they didn't always rock :p
Huntingtons said:
that's because you run in gimp guild like "Staef's Fanclub" in a gank guild, a strong merc as you would easily get grps 8( <3

Who knows :( Think the 'I suck' reason was more amusing tho :<

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:

Only buffbots get shear :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom