coming back into the game...

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
hey guys, i played daoc a few years ago (3/4months before frontiers came out) but quit and sold up, ive just ordered the boxset again and hope to start afresh, how much has the game changed ? RvR ? Levelling up etc. i Played wow for a month and thought it was crap nothing could compare to the mighty daoc! lol :/

hopefully ive outlived the flame etc..........

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Atlantis and Catacombs made levelling easier. I managed to get my chars from 1-50 in no time at all, 1-40 normal exping and then the Masterlevels to level 48.7, finished up with Catacombs quests.

After that, the master levels take some effort that people like to complain about.

Basically, RvR is the same as always, everyone whines and complains. :) It's a range fest, though Det5 is making tanks more fun in the field now. Agramon now attracts so many people the servers lag, and the rest of the frontiers is for the people who like to play NF like it was designed to, attacking and defending keeps. (Yeah, I'm biased, bite me.)

Welcome back. :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
The game has changed an awful lot since then. Levelling up is now alot faster (if you have catacombs) thanks to mini-quests and task dungeons but the down side is very few people are starting from scratch so grouping in most areas is very rare.

Realm vs realm will be practially unrecognisable to you - all new RAs, completely new frontier zones and redesigned keeps. I'm not sure about on Prydwen but on Excal it seems to be very hard to 'do' rvr outside of guild groups (personally I've never tried but it's the impression I get) so you will want to look for an active rvr guild if that is the attraction for you.

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
cheers :) what about classes these days, can you still solo the lower levels KT`in etc ? and abusing enchanters etc etc, i like the look of hte new classes might start a banshee or vampiir (im gona do hib ofc)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Crash said:
cheers :) what about classes these days, can you still solo the lower levels KT`in etc ? and abusing enchanters etc etc, i like the look of hte new classes might start a banshee or vampiir (im gona do hib ofc)

Vampiir is a good way to start a fresh on hib. They solo extremely well, and you should'nt find the lack of groups < lvl 40 any problem. IMO they are one of the better classes to start from scratch with.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Crash said:
hey guys, i played daoc a few years ago (3/4months before frontiers came out) but quit and sold up, ive just ordered the boxset again and hope to start afresh, how much has the game changed ? RvR ? Levelling up etc. i Played wow for a month and thought it was crap nothing could compare to the mighty daoc! lol :/

hopefully ive outlived the flame etc..........

might be best to mess around and start on the new classic servers when we get them, that way you can compete on a fairly even footing

:m00:

peder

Fledgling Freddie
maybes you wait for server to comes.
a new servers with not the toa stuffs.
quciker to start game and have funs.

try class now and then joins it :clap:

good luckj

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
You know, despite his posts being hard to read, atleast he doesn't call the TOAless servers Classic servers. :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
You know, despite his posts being hard to read, atleast he doesn't call the TOAless servers Classic servers. :)

yes but he has a whorelock....

and sounds a bit like gollum....

:m00:

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
peder said:
maybes you wait for server to comes.
a new servers with not the toa stuffs.
quciker to start game and have funs.

try class now and then joins it :clap:

good luckj
Nice to see you fixed your Caps Lock ;)

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
is pagan death cult still bangin about on hibexc ? or Terra dominus and the like ! would be good to see old faces heh, still got some daocers on my msn will have to catch up with them.

I think ill jump onto an old school server, id rather play with expansions etc, how classic will the classic servers be ? i.e will we see a return of emain and AMG/MG etc i remember stealther wars at amg :D back in the day!! :D

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Crash said:
is pagan death cult still bangin about on hibexc ? or Terra dominus and the like ! would be good to see old faces heh, still got some daocers on my msn will have to catch up with them.

I think ill jump onto an old school server, id rather play with expansions etc, how classic will the classic servers be ? i.e will we see a return of emain and AMG/MG etc i remember stealther wars at amg :D back in the day!! :D

they will only remove ToA stuff like MLs and artis, everyone will still be able to get toa bonuses though like melee speed and stat caps. NF with agramon will be on the server too so no old frontiers

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
might sound ridiculous, but what the hell is agramon :O gifv emain ::D

leviathane

Part of the furniture
hmmm crash welcome back to ze game xD
oh an agramon is the new rvr island in new frontiers

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
duuude leviathane ;D still in oxford? still daocing ?? amazin :D Agramon looks quite good (going on screenies) cant actually wait to start the grind again............ (for how long .....)

p.s if you see Musaki/Timi tell him that robs gona kick him in the face unless he gives my bottle of goldschlager back ^^ :D:sex: :twak:

leviathane

Part of the furniture
heh, ye corse man. Still in the shithole. May be able to sort you out with a pl in mid if i manage to pl my spiritmaster to 50. Trying to get that gimp to come back to daoc myself tbh :)

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
haha ^^ proper fookin junkie i reckon :/ i was tryin to make duffy play it again but he flat out refused :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom