coming back from SI

miragino

Fledgling Freddie
Hi everyone,

I am a lost player of DAoC that doesn't realise how can he have been nearly 2 years without playing DAoC . But now I've opened my eyes and want to come back.

I've been reading somethings, I left DAoC when I was in SI before Foundations, and I would appreciate some updates on how things work

Mainly I have some questions:
- How does the cluster work? are we together with Excalibur only for the frontiers? PvE raids how do they work nowadays
- is PvE as boring as i used to be or has it gottten better with expansions?
- Is it easy to go in random RvR or now everyobdy is pro in guilds?
- Is the free trial only valid in the US?

Any other info you give me is really really appreciated. Thanks for responding!!!!

Cheers,
Mirages RulerOfMages <mentalist 50> once leader of a Relic Raid

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
u kinda have to play it... couse omg how much has game changed.... ToA, Cata, DR... too much to explain...

but..

exping is piss easy now...
cluster works like this:
1 rvr zone
1 tir na nog (here u can change servers)
evrything else is different server.
so u can choose to play at pryd side or excal side.. doesnt matter can change servers easy in tir na nog.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
miragino said:
- How does the cluster work? are we together with Excalibur only for the frontiers? PvE raids how do they work nowadays
Cluster
There are still two separate servers Excal and Prydwen and you can move your character between them, this has some great advantages in that named mobs and encounters that are down on one server may be up on another. The Frontier zones and capital cities are shared zones (in that only one exists for the cluster) The only down side here is new accounts are only eligible to select ONE realm for the cluster.

PVE
PvE can be tedious but it has got considerably better three points worth of note
- Free level, every 7 days if you have gained a level through normal means you will gain a free one from your trainer (7 days is the default some realms with less players have a shorter duration. I believe Hibernia is currently on a 3 day free level)
- Instance Dungeons, you can enter a dungeon specifically for you (or your group) no one else will be there to pull your mobs and you get a nice bonus for completing the dungeon, these can be done solo or in a group.
- Quests, with each new expansion new quests have been introduced to the game, these can be as simple as deliver this message to a guard in the next zone and gain a full bubble of exp at L49.

RvR
Quite often I see people using alliance chat to offer or form a public RvR group, its true that alot of guilds run set groups but there are people forming public groups still, just look around for an active guild on the server adn you really shouldn't have any problems getting a RvR group - depending on the class you play :)

And im sure you can get a free trial from the GoA site too.

Aetius

Fledgling Freddie
miragino said:
Hi everyone,

Any other info you give me is really really appreciated. Thanks for responding!!!!

Hello, much have changed since SI as stated previously. Most people dont use the SI zone very much (except for the 45-50 quests). Today most people pl their chars to 50, as the amount of new people joining the game is very small.

PvE:
3 new expansions have been introduced;
Trials of Atlantis: gives masterlevels and artifacts, and also alot of new items which gives you more stats, powerpool, wpn speed, cast speed etc etc. For more information regarding this, visit VoS.
Catacombs: makes your leveling more pleasant, with instance dungeons, and alot of quests (easy ones with good xp). It also contains alot of wanted/popular items in certain dungeons.
Darkness Rising: Gives the ability to buy horses, introduces Champion Levels, Champion weapons, and better graphics.

RVR:
New Frontiers: Can now port between keeps (some of them anyways). Have a bunch of towers to protect in addition to the keep itself.
Clusters: As stated in previous posts. Can now also join guilds from the other server.

There is still random groups running around, opted groups, noobs and leetists. Soloers, adders/helpers, zerglings, and whiners as well. Dont worry:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom