Comics

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I'm a bit embarrassed to say amongst proper comic officianados, but during one summer holiday I got into reading 'Commando - War stories with pictures' which was kind of a mini comic.... loved it :eek:

ive read some of those, theyre awesome :D

very much of their time though

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
1980's Eagle was utterly brilliant, sadly my spends didn't run to every copy but when I could get hold of a copy I was in heaven. 2000AD rocked too, I think we were blessed in this country for good comics at that time, certainly alot of the American comics I find to be trash.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I'm a bit embarrassed to say amongst proper comic officianados, but during one summer holiday I got into reading 'Commando - War stories with pictures' which was kind of a mini comic.... loved it :eek:

Commando? Weren't they like a comic/small book hybrid full of WW2 stories? If so I remember them very fondly.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Commando? Weren't they like a comic/small book hybrid full of WW2 stories? If so I remember them very fondly.

Them's the ones :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I remember the commando ones!

I used to read the beano and stuff also.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Waterstones are selling collections of Commando comics grouped in themes, usually each theatre of war from what I can see.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Waterstones are selling collections of Commando comics grouped in themes, usually each theatre of war from what I can see.

Thinking of picking one up, got a few Commando comics from when I was a child. Been a fan of 2000AD for a while, also got into Top Cow comics a while back with The Darkness and Witchblade. Kind of out of touch with Marvel since the Civil War story though I like the Captain Britain stories with Dracula and MI13. DC's darkest night was an interesting story but its going downhill again with the Brightest day and Wayne returns. Haven't read the Beano or Dandy in years, think I even have a Bananaman comic somewhere at my parents.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Anyone ever read any Lobo?

Fucking funny :)

Loved Lobo back in the 90s but there's not really been much good for a long time. Bizarrely Guy Ritchie was going to make the Lobo movie a couple of years back and decided to do Sherlock Holmes instead.

Ya bastich.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Anyone ever read any Lobo?

Fucking funny :)

I remember watching an episode of JL where Supes was sent into the future and everyone though him dead, so Lobo took over as the super powered guy. Was quite funny as Lobo went over the top, stopping criminals.

Zede

Part of the furniture
2000ad, Carl Critchlow lived 10 doors away !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom