Comic Books

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've recently just got back into comics with the new series of Transformers having released a month or so back.

Any of you chaps still like to read comic books and is there anything you'd recommend to someone who probably should broaden his comic horizons past just the one franchise?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've recently just got back into comics with the new series of Transformers having released a month or so back.

Any of you chaps still like to read comic books and is there anything you'd recommend to someone who probably should broaden his comic horizons past just the one franchise?

Very little on my radar at the moment; only two issues of The Boys to go, everything about the new DC is awful and Marvel isn't much better, and everything else seems to be Walking Dead ripoffs or Mark Millar stuff that's only fit for angry teenagers who can't get laid (as against angry middle aged men who are too exhausted to get laid).

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If you can find them, I highly recommend the hardback editions of the original Dan Dare stories, illustrated by Frank Hampson. They are superb. I have a few from new (not the complete set) and unfortunately they're not cheap to buy these days.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1840236442/

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I've got all the Sandman graphic novels floating about somewhere, theyre always a good read.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
my only recent comic books are the ones based on firefly. before that it was 2001 when i last purchased somat in print. unless you count manga

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Seems like a somewhat weird thing for Netflix to get into?

Dunno, build up a fanbase, then do the tv series? Playing the long game?

I remember 20 years ago it was all about slimming down, simplifying, getting back to your core.

Then 10 years ago the rave was to divest and diversify your portofolio, regardless of industry. I'm guessing Netflix has been doing that for some years now, why stop with movies and tv series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom