Come on guys and galls, spill it!

V

Vrek

Where's the info matey's, we want the stories that roxors our boxors! :)

What kind of char are u playing what stats, and most important:
Is it any good/fun?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Just let us know! <please> ;)

Greetings,
Vrek

F

FaileTheFalcon

My opinion...

I haven't levelled any char beyond lvl 11, since there has been wipeouts every now and then.
What strikes me is, that is much more "controlled" and less free than AC 1. You have skilltrees like in DAoC, even if I trust that it has more potential, looking back at all events and upgrades in AC 1. AC has kept me playing since June 2000, in DAoC i played 3-4 months and went bored...
I play a Human Melee (Sword) and it's nice for now. Archers outdamage me a lot, and a problem in the game for now is that you don't share loot in fellowships. The one making most damage gets it. That makes it less fun to play a support char, like an enchanter or a healer, if you don't trust your fellows completely.
AC 2 has wow graphics, but I do miss the freedom in AC 1, that makes you able to really shoose exactly where to spend your skill credits and "upgrades".
It's hard to say wheather I will be addicted to the new ac as I have been to AC 1, but I will surely give it a go when it goes retail.

V

Vrek

So....... only one person playing this Beta?
Sounds like a true MMORPG to me :(

Where's the Massive, hell where's the Multiplayer aspect of only one reply in this forum?

Or is everyone to occupied playing this game, denying themselves time to write and "tell your friends" on a forum?
If so, please let me know, i'll be satisfied.

No further questions your honour,
Greetings,
Vrek

C

.Cask

Isn't this stage of the beta only open to people who played AC1? I wouldn't have minded having a go but didn't get any invitation so hopefully I will in a later stage.

Back to DAoC for the moment though :)

N

nocte

i have an account from FP as i am a subscriber.

not had a chance to play it yet :(

C

.Cask

I was actually tempted to subscribe to FP just for the chance to beta test it. But as there wasn't a 100% chance to get in on the beta - I didn't really wanna end up paying for downloads which I can get elsewhere.

N

nocte

now that the red server is back up i have had some time to play the game.

currently i am a lvl 10 Human Archer.

The graphics are absolutly stunning. the monsters are not insanly hard, i can quite easily fight off a mob of 3 attacking me.

just figured out a nice special move for the archer that deals 150 odd dmg :D not gonna post how to do it unless you want me to. part of the fun is finding out.

The crafting aspect of the game is quite neat too, i have made some very nice 22-30 dmg bows and sold them for some cash. very easy to craft in it and there is a wide variety of different crafts.

when i reach lvl 15 i will be choosing a kingdom, not sure what one i will be picking yet, prolly go for the shodow kingdom.

one downside just now is the extremely bad lag in some places, the devs do know about this hope they fix it soon.

that is my experience on the game so far.

nocte

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom