Come back to Camelot Campaign (30 day free trial)

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
We are pleased to announce the latest Come Back to Camelot campaign details, including 30 FREE days!

With the Dragon's Curse campaign, Ghost Keep event, ruined keep changes, traveling merchants, bonuses, and so much more, there is tons going on in Dark Age of Camelot!

Check out the full details, including the upcoming patch 1.123 plans by clicking the image below!

The following bonuses and traveling merchants are available now until May 23rd.
Traveling Merchants

The traveling merchants have returned to their usual spots and are offering their excellent selection of wares to any and all! You might just find some Otherworldly items for sale...

Visit the following locations to stock up on the goods:
Albion: Outside Castle Sauvage
Midgard: Outside Svasud Faste
Hibernia: Outside Druim LIgen
Bonuses

On Ywain:
  • 100% bonus to RP gain in all NF zones (including the Labyrinth)
  • 100% bonus to RP gain in all battlegrounds
  • 100% bonus to normal XP gain in all classic and shrouded isles zones and dungeons
  • 50% bonus to normal BP in all NF zones
  • 50% bonus to normal BP in all battlegrounds

On Gaheris:
  • 100% bonus to normal XP gain in all classic and shrouded isles zones and dungeons
  • 100% bonus to normal BP gain in the capital cities
  • 100% bonus to normal RP gain in the capital cities

In each Capital City:
  • 40% Bonus to Crafting Speed
  • 20% Bonus to Crafting Skill Gain

In all Housing Zones:
  • 40% Bonus to Crafting Speed
  • 20% Bonus to Crafting Skill Gain

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
lol? 100% bonus to normal realmpoint gain in capitol cities?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yea I wouldn't bother, according to postcount the frontier stats for Friday at around 11PM GMT

92 Albs in NF
99 Mids in NF
106 Hibs in NF

Dead game is dead.

If they want DAOC to survive they year they need to stop pussy footing around and just make it F2P already.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
God damn Hib over population!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's also all gone very quiet regarding a classic server. Seems it was just a failed attempt to entice people back from Uthgard.

Night night DAOC (live)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Basically what happens when the developers cannot handle criticism and always think they're doing the right thing... look at the numbers devs, still think you're doing the right thing?

I almost fell for the letter of them apologising awhile back, that letter was clearly just a smoke screen and had absolutely no truth to it.

And now this insult, 30 free days because our numbers are so bad it's the only innovative way we could come up with to get people back into the game... how incredibly disappointing.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's also rather amusing that they can't even be arsed to update their website. The offer still links to an offer from last year.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Vicious circle with dying games. Less money from subscribers, less employees, or less skilled employees / devs / community managers -> less impact or negative impact on community -> less subscribers.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
"Eyy Carl? You got a copy of version 1.65?"
"Sure do, boss!"
"launch it on a new server. Fresh start!"

Boom, I just saved daoc

Himse

FH is my second home
Basically what happens when the developers cannot handle criticism and always think they're doing the right thing... look at the numbers devs, still think you're doing the right thing?

I almost fell for the letter of them apologising awhile back, that letter was clearly just a smoke screen and had absolutely no truth to it.

And now this insult, 30 free days because our numbers are so bad it's the only innovative way we could come up with to get people back into the game... how incredibly disappointing.

What is this apology letter?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Haha, it's very close to shutting down surely? I haven't had a PC for 6 months odd and it's got a hell of a lot worse than it was.. it was bad then!

I dunno, I always want to see DAOC work again, plenty of older games than DAOC have worked on a F2P model, I don't know what's holding them back really, ego? funds? dunno really, either way they've got until Camelot Unchained comes out before the final nail in the coffin is served to DAOC - people won't necessarily go to CU and stay there, but enough will go there for a few months and ultimately ground DAOC in the process. If I was John Thornhill I'd set my ego aside and start listening to people that don't play anymore, not people who still do, people that still play the game just seem to accept any change that is thrown at them... they have no valid feedback for DAOC, it's the people that no longer play they should be trying to woo... these free 30 day things they throw out now and again just don't do that, it's like them ringing a bell and saying "come and see the terrible changes that we've ADMITTED to making in action"

If I had the funds I'd literally buy the rights to DAOC and I'd do the following

Contact various 8v8 guild members as team leaders for grp vs grp balance

Contact various zergers as team leaders for zerg feedback

Contact various soloers as team leaders for solo feedback

Contact various Pve players as team leaders for pve feedback

Basically I'd gauge all aspects of the game, leave nothing to chance and take it all in. Listen to the feedback, formulate a plan for each area then try and work out how we'd merge that plan across the board/as a whole... right now it just seems they're winging it with friends as 'Knights' and quite frankly the numbers don't lie, it's not working as much as they claim it is.

Last edited:

Himse

FH is my second home
I dunno, I always want to see DAOC work again, plenty of older games than DAOC have worked on a F2P model, I don't know what's holding them back really, ego? funds? dunno really, either way they've got until Camelot Unchained comes out before the final nail in the coffin is served to DAOC - people won't necessarily go to CU and stay there, but enough will go there for a few months and ultimately ground DAOC in the process. If I was John Thornhill I'd set my ego aside and start listening to people that don't play anymore, not people who still do, people that still play the game just seem to accept any change that is thrown at them... they have no valid feedback for DAOC, it's the people that no longer play they should be trying to woo... these free 30 day things they throw out now and again just don't do that, it's like them ringing a bell and saying "come and see the terrible changes that we've ADMITTED to making in action"

If I had the funds I'd literally buy the rights to DAOC and I'd do the following

Contact various 8v8 guild members as team leaders for grp vs grp balance

Contact various zergers as team leaders for zerg feedback

Contact various soloers as team leaders for solo feedback

Contact various Pve players as team leaders for pve feedback

Basically I'd gauge all aspects of the game, leave nothing to chance and take it all in. Listen to the feedback, formulate a plan for each area then try and work out how we'd merge that plan across the board/as a whole... right now it just seems they're winging it with friends as 'Knights' and quite frankly the numbers don't lie, it's not working as much as they claim it is.

After reading postcount a bunch, lots of people do give their feedback & opinions, only to basically be told to just get on with it its part of the game now and they have basically ruined it by doing so many things, one of the big ones is giving all classes the same abilities as 'opposite' classes in other realms in a bid to balance the game along with messing with NF again.

It's 100% their vision for DAoC, trying to pinch things from other MMOs and implement into a very old game. I mean they wonder why Uthgard is so popular (even though its free they get mad donations) yet shoot down official classic server propositions.

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
It's also rather amusing that they can't even be arsed to update their website. The offer still links to an offer from last year.

I believe they will release the new website in the next coming patch or after. I have to agree it's been a long time coming but hope it's worth the time they've put in to this website to bring more player back.

Return to Camelot Campaign has worked a treat I've heard and yes I'll likely check it out soon since I've got a 30 day trial and might as well give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom