Combining Cable and ADSL Connections

L

landlordz

Im in the quite luxurious position of having a 1MB NTL Cable line ( Thru NIC Card ) and having a 512k ADSL connection (USB, for work laptop ) running into my home office. Is there anyway of using both at once on the same machine, ie so I get a sickening amount of bandwidth to play with, although admittedly not as vast as Jonty's share of a 100MBit

Answers on a post card, or if you prefer to the forum

-=LANdlord=-

( PS Im only using LANdlord cos some miserable sod already reg'd Phooey as their forum alias, and Im pretty sure I never registered here before )

J

Jonty

Hi :)

As far as I'm aware, there is no way to combine the two connections and use both simultaneously. This problem is compounded by the fact most people don't have ADSL and cable connections both available, as it's usually either one or the other. I mention this only because the more frequently something occurs, the more chance some bright spark figures out a way of achieving a solution. Unfortunately, when cases are rare, so are solutions :(

But look on the bright side, you could control a small country with a 1Mb connection (well, almost :p) and even my connection is shared, so I don't get all that bandwidth to myself :D

I hope I'm wrong, as it would be cool to be able to utilise both connections, but I just don't think it’s really possible.

Kind Regards

L

landlordz

hmmm, well it feels like circumstance has thrown down the gauntlet.....

I'm gonna try and figure it out!

-=LANdlord=-

W

Wilier

Ive got a great idea. Give me the DSL connection. Then you have no problem anymore. :p

T

throdgrain

You can have my dsl if you like Willier :)

Actually bollocks, no you can't :)

Users who are viewing this thread