Combined GOA whine.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by longshot
If I were you, I would try and return that game, then get the US version instead. I seriously regreat not getting the US version, but I feel like I have too much time invested already to make the switch.
Yep, that's how I feel.
As far as I'm concerned, and form my personal experience, GOA care nothing whatsoever for their customers and provide no customer support at all.
However I have a lvl50 I couldn't bear to delete, a great Guild to play with, and a lot of friends on the Euro servers, I'm kind of too involved to switch now.
I would strongly advise anyone new to the game to go for the US servers, a company like GOA do NOT deserve your hard-earned cash. You'll pay the same amount of money, and you'll get customer support that works, in-game CSR support, and have new patches/expansions MONTHS before we do.

E

Eyeinthedark

Goa not bad compared to...

I know this whole password hack thing may suck a bit to some and perhaps slow customer support.

But compred to all other mmos i have played i must say goa and mythic is good, If u think this is bad try Sony online entertainment like planetside/swg/etc, its a horror in everyway not considering the actual game bugs etc, the costumer support takes sometimes up to 2 weeks to reply to important issues,, or if they do reply sooner it will just be a redirect to different adresses or asking for information already in the email you sent them. Or funcom Anarchy online is bug fested horror where haxs and bugs have remained ingame for almost 3 years, before finally being part of some patch note.

I must say i havnt had a single problem with them yet, the game itself hasnt glitched once for me, and when i emailed them about variouse account/pasw problems ive gotten email back the same day sorting them out.

Not saying Goa is the best or perfect but, it is hardly the worse out there imo.

S

svartmetall

Re: Goa not bad compared to...

Originally posted by Eyeinthedark
the costumer support takes sometimes up to 2 weeks to reply to important issues
GOA don't reply at all, in my experience.

Or funcom Anarchy online is bug fested horror where haxs and bugs have remained ingame for almost 3 years, before finally being part of some patch note.
Delling crater is just one example of a totally bugged area, where nothing has been done to fix it (drops disappear and cannot be picked up).

I once heard about someone who covered his genitalia in honey then stuck them into a fire ant nest. That was, apparently, a bit worse than GOA.

N

Nivellen

Yes I must say, their not bad at all actually. The only reason we are so pissed (well I am... for one) is because I'm so addicted! I just wanna play it... and my account terminated when the sub pages went down, so I'm pretty damn pissed even though I already got the email with the password.

F

Flimgoblin

Re: Re: Goa not bad compared to...

Originally posted by svartmetall
GOA don't reply at all, in my experience.

they just don't like you that's all :)

E

Eyeinthedark

well only speaking from me and a few friends experience, not a single bug/krash/stuck yet even if some areas that i havnt spent much time in yet may be buggy it is still MUCH less buggy than anarchy online as you dont have to spend much time there before u krash or run into some very noticeble bugs.

About the costumer support well yea it sux that you havnt gotten reply yet :( but then again that has happend to me with SOE and Funcom aswell.

S

svartmetall

Nah, sorry, but I personally do think they suck. I started playing Euro servers because it seemed logical to do so, and friends of mine who got me into the game played Pryd...but for me it's the fact that GOA, in my personal experience, do not respond to valid customer support requests at all, that pisses me off.
When I hear people talking about getting replies from RightNever questions within 24 hours, it's really like someone talking about another world, because I have never had any customer service ever from GOA. And I would find that intolerable in any company, let alone one running a game I love playing. I play DAOC now despite GOA.

F

Flimgoblin

strange that other people get replies fine but they don't reply to yours...

L

longshot

Re: Goa not bad compared to...

Originally posted by Eyeinthedark
If u think this is bad try Sony online entertainment like planetside/swg/etc, its a horror in everyway not considering the actual game bugs etc, the costumer support takes sometimes up to 2 weeks to reply to important issues,, or if they do reply sooner it will just be a redirect to different adresses or asking for information already in the email you sent them.

Which is why I kinda gave up on SWG. It was just too frustrating having more and more things break with each patch. When I one day logged on and saw that they had turned collision detection off so I could walk through my furniture (because some people complained about other people trapping them in their houses by moving furniture around)... well... if it was just that, I could have survived... but on top of all that other shite and daily downtime, I pretty much knew there were no longer taking anything serious.

When I logged back on to DAOC, everything felt a bit... archaeic... clumsy... at first in comparison to SWG... but half an hour later I was actually having fun, something I had forgotten in SWG because it was a constant quest to work around the bugs.

Alas, here I am sitting and waiting for that damn password... and now the SWG servers will be brought down for their daily downtime... guess it's time to dig out some D&D books or something...

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
strange that other people get replies fine but they don't reply to yours...
Isn't it just? And while I get pissed off here, when I put queries into RightNever I'm scrupulously polite and supply all the information I'm told they need. But I get NOTHING from GOA, ever...I'll wager anyone else in the same situation would feel the same way towards them as I do.

B

Breni

... guess it's time to dig out some D&D books or something...

Would love to, but there's no gaming groups in my area :(:(

B

brite

ssssssssssssssshhhh just three words

Legend of Mir

i could exlain, but there might be children reading this

S

svartmetall

Re: Re: Re: Goa not bad compared to...

Originally posted by Breni
Would love to, but there's no gaming groups in my area :(:(
Do some live roleplay...hehe...I'm still counting the bruises from the Gathering, which was a 4,000-player event this weekend.

U

uglymug

<twitch> still nothing

it's been 25.5 hours without DAoC now

<twitch>

getting weird thoughts ... like going outside

<twitch>

E

Eyeinthedark

Which is why I kinda gave up on SWG. It was just too frustrating having more and more things break with each patch. When I one day logged on and saw that they had turned collision detection off so I could walk through my furniture (because some people complained about other people trapping them in their houses by moving furniture around)... well... if it was just that, I could have survived... but on top of all that other shite and daily downtime, I pretty much knew there were no longer taking anything serious.

yes a very good description of how situation in planetside is :)

-------

svartmetall what cind of a problem did you email them about? some problems they wont reply to it is stated in their rightnow rules or something.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by uglymug
<twitch>

getting weird thoughts ... like going outside

<twitch>
Now that's just crazy talk!

B

Breni

Re: Re: Re: Re: Goa not bad compared to...

Originally posted by svartmetall
Do some live roleplay...hehe...I'm still counting the bruises from the Gathering, which was a 4,000-player event this weekend.

None of those, either :(

Still, there's a Guild member of mine from Raggers (Rah Niah Fianna, or however it's spelled:)) that should have been up there this past weekend, I'll have to grill him on how it went :)

T

thegreatest

GOA FFS Its More Than Enough Now!

I will quote something I've written yesterday just before I did go to sleep:

Originally posted by thegreatest
nah this is turning into a bad joke every hour Im gonna sleep I will see whatever has happened tomorrow (Im 90% pretty sure that I still wont have my password mailed tomorrow around 1 pm)

Now its f*cking 1 PM and I still havent got my password!! Its 24 hours after they posted the news on their site do I have to wait for another 24 hours or something?? Why the hell does it take so long for sending passwords do they all rewrite the messages they send to different people? :(

C

Cyradix

Got my first email at 00:07 and my second at 12:22

S

svartmetall

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Goa not bad compared to...

Originally posted by Breni
None of those, either :(

Still, there's a Guild member of mine from Raggers (Rah Niah Fianna, or however it's spelled:)) that should have been up there this past weekend, I'll have to grill him on how it went :)
Yeah? They're in the Wolves faction; my character's in the Dragons, but I may know them - I have some mates in ther Wolves, nice bunch of lunatics, best shield wall in any faction IMO.

C

cHodAX

There is no point getting worked up, I and many others are as angry as you there is no mileage to be gained by checking your email constantly and praying it will arrive. They have about 30,000 emails and passwords to process, I can see it taking a day or two and then they will have a massive backlog of subscription passwords/email accounts to process. I know it is hard but find something else to do and accept that you might not be playing for a few days, then if the password does turn up it you an jump online, trust me it will be better than just staring at your inbox all day long.

S

Sharma

SOE are bad? when i played EQ i got a response within 24 hours..mm..

R

roken

Hmm well lets see...
(all times are what my fekked memory tells me - i cannot be held
responsible for the veracity)
Yesterday at about 11 am a message flashed up saying
the servers would be down until 3pm Paris time ie 2pm gmt.

So thats 3 hours...

Well in fact servers didn't come back until... 9pm was it?

Ah ha forgot to factor in the GOA bs multiplier...

SO lets see. 11am - 2pm = 3hours , 11am to 9 pm = 10hours
Therefore the GOA bs multiplier is 3 1/3.

Apply this to "in the next 24 hours" and we get....

In the next 80 hours.

...kill me now... i am sooo bored.

A

-ag-bometal

just received PW of second account

registered in august 2002

Patience, young padawans,

patience ...

T

thegreatest

still got nothing, by the way its really funny to see how many people have a 2nd account, I would guess it at 90% :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom