collision detection causing lag ?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i know this sounds mad, but its the only thing thats different between pvp and pve, and pvp seems to have much worse frame rates etc, with same amount of spells, effects, etc going off

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I don't think there's enough lag. I like to run a complete virus scan while RvR'ing and if the frame rate still stays too high I'll randomly copy my movie collection between disks at the same time.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Warhammers collision detection is a joke - though I don't think it causes lag.

Too many times I have seen fully body blocked people just warping away from the block box.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Looks more like there are some sort of errors or memory leaks etc in scenarios which cause these issues.
The first handful scenarios are usually fine for me - then after that the game starts to bog down and skills shown as up yet "Ability not ready", spells takes ages to cast and the cast bar is fubar and then if you are lucky they fire - or you'll either not have LOS or, possible, be dead yourself etc.

According to my last report it is now a "known" issue and they no longer advice me to make sure my firewall isn't blocking Warhammer causing lag :eek:

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Warhammers collision detection is a joke - though I don't think it causes lag.

Too many times I have seen fully body blocked people just warping away from the block box.

oh it gets better

3 chosen standing across a keep door, facing out to stop reinforcements
someone ran at them, hit the "solid wall" of players, bounced off it, and went over their head and inside...

working as intended :(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
oh it gets better

3 chosen standing across a keep door, facing out to stop reinforcements
someone ran at them, hit the "solid wall" of players, bounced off it, and went over their head and inside...

working as intended :(

lol they bounced over the Chosen and landed behind them? :D

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
I had a chosen jump over my head as I stood in a keep doorway with an Ironbreaker. 3 abreast next time methinks.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
i know this sounds mad, but its the only thing thats different between pvp and pve, and pvp seems to have much worse frame rates etc, with same amount of spells, effects, etc going off

Its actualy the buffs / debuffs. The game likes to update everybodys debuffs and buffs in your warband every 0.5seconds. Its worse in RvR because there so many debuffs / buffshears / RvR buffs going off.

There is a mod that lets you change the refresh timer for the buffs.

BuffThrottle Version: 1.1
BuffThrottle adds a minimum delay in between consecutive refreshes of a given frame's buffs and debuffs. This helps performance immensely in situations where there are a large number of buffs/debuffs flying around. The default delay is set to half a second (0.5) - you can tweak it to your liking by setting the BuffRefreshDelay variable, like so (change the number to the delay you'd like, in seconds): /script BuffRefreshDelay = 0.5

BuffThrottle - Addons - Curse

But it made my copy crash alot. So use it if at your own risk so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom