college sux

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
So, there I am busy working away in my colleges study center. At least 5 different documents up, word, spreadsheet, access, etc :D Then all of a sudden.. BOOM! Frikkin PC restarts its self :( 2 hours of hard work DOWN THE DRIAN! Yeah and no, it didn't load up auto save when i rebooted back up. piece of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
save your work every 30mins :p

its tradition for college computers to be teh s00k

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
save your work every 30mins :p

its tradition for college computers to be teh s00k

i save every 5 mins what he said has happened to me way to often

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
A friend of mine hit print after doing 30 minutes of work and WHAM! The machine rebooted, loosing his work. He was promptly told be a technician to not be so stupid and save his work.

So he sat down, did the same document again, taking a futher 30 minutes, hit save, and WHAM! The machine rebooted...

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
TeaSpoon said:
A friend of mine hit print after doing 30 minutes of work and WHAM! The machine rebooted, loosing his work. He was promptly told be a technician to not be so stupid and save his work.

So he sat down, did the same document again, taking a futher 30 minutes, hit save, and WHAM! The machine rebooted...
rofl now thats a classic

Craine

Fledgling Freddie
hehe, we've got 1400 MHz laptops at our college .... got 'em kinda free, come in handy when my crap PC can't support 2 acc's at once .. nerf ^^

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm so i'm not the only1!
we must start a revolt fellow students!
NO MORE SHIT PCS!

Craine

Fledgling Freddie
then ctrl+alt+del must be that guy that cleans ur swimmingpool .. :eek7:

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
FoxeH said:
Hmm so i'm not the only1!
we must start a revolt fellow students!
NO MORE SHIT PCS!
r4h r4h r4h may the reveloution comence!! :twak: bring candy and beer :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
lol at our college things are going from bad to worse. this is my third year there.. heres a summary of how things have gone

year 1.
we have several classrooms that can only be used when a teacher is there (lesson times) and for the free periods (study hours) we got about 30 computers in a large room that we could use without staff supervision (because tehy where so crap they would hardly start windows, let alone word), this wasnt too bad tho, we got work done eventually(with the odd restart with no warning), there where the odd cases of hardware theft (some scummy dropout turd stole a few memory chips) and some pratt stole a mouse ball,but this was largely cured due to cameras put in the room.

year 2.
half of the 30 computers that would hardly run windows disappeared like so many one hit wonder pop bands and we neva heard from em again :( i assume that the ones that worked where canabalised for repairs etc, leaving us with the poop end of the stick so to speak, which is bad enough, but now we arent even allowed to use them without supervision in 'set study hours' where a teacher would sit and make sure no one goes mad on the comps. (about 3 of these a week, hard to see how we would get anything done in that time).

year 3.
ok now it gets funny, the 'set study hours' have gone (presumably because the teachers cant be arsed.) and now, so have more of the computers, now theres around 10 in a smaller room, these are the crappest of the crap that even the IT services wouldnt take for repairs, we just laugh at em tbh, impossible to get work done on em, u turn the thing on and it just makes a whining noise, the monitor is so far gone u cant make anything out on it, and the IT techies have partitioned the 10GB drives so that windows has hardly any room on the drive to operate, so it runs even slower than usually on a 200(ish)mhz comp. meanwhile the key skills (that the patheticly easy crud that no one really cares about in case u havent heard of it) get new computers (i heard there 1.8gb), 30ish brand spanking new Dell's, and us IT students arent even allowed on them because there on a different network.

this is a joke tbh, if theres a revolt going, u can count the IT section at my college in :D (but only as long as theres cookies)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom