CoH after a few days..

Karam_Gruul

Banned
i dunno. at first it was amazing, seriously good fun and i couldnt imagine getting tired of it atall. but now after a few days of play, i think im starting to show symptoms of boredem. it just seems to be the exact same thing over and over and over. EQ is all pve, but somehow that never gets boring, i think its because of the sheer variety of mobs, and the number of drops etc you can get in it. in COH all you can get is a few inspirations and a couple of enhancements, nothing majorely exciting.

and lvling has already started to slow down at 8! my mate is lvl 13 and reckons its harder than lvling at 59 in eq rofl....... i dont know if i could hack lvling THAT slowly.... imaigne at 30+ or something, it'd just be silly.

but that said, im not sure if im bored of it yet, i still wanna play it, and still will for a while till im totally bored. was just wondering if anyone is quite high or something and can tell me if anything else happens in the game lol :p

Karam_Gruul

Banned
did i say that? i said the lvling is ludicrously slow at lvl 10 and theres 40 lvls and its not asiff the game has an insane amount to offer to keep you thoroughly entertained for those 40 lvls.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Karam_Gruul said:
and lvling has already started to slow down at 8! my mate is lvl 13 and reckons its harder than lvling at 59 in eq rofl....... i dont know if i could hack lvling THAT slowly.... imaigne at 30+ or something, it'd just be silly.

My bad, this just seemed like a complaint about slow leveling.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Is this game even released yet? Thinking about whether I should buy it or not.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Same here. Just been reading the manual and it looks pretty sweet. Can't deciiiiide! :mad:

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
The manual? Wouldn't you have had to buy the game to be reading that?

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
You can download it f00! :D You can d/l the game as well and buy a cd-key online so you could be playing it this evening if you wanted to. ;)

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm, sounds like a lot of hassle to me. I think I'll just wait for some reviews and then get it when it comes out over here.

anin

Fledgling Freddie
I believe there is a option where you can have a sidekick.
This a persoon who is lower then you and he will gain exp aswell.
Something like batman and robin like to say

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Tried the beta briefly. Its basically Kill Tasks in spandex.

Won't be buying it.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I made the dizzying height of level 16 in beta....

Once you get to level 12 and can pick fly / teleport, things become a bit more exciting.

One thing has to be said though - this is not a solo game.... soloing gets incredibly tedious very quickly.... I did it if I only needed a bit more for the next level.

On XP for next level - time wise, 15 to 16 is about the same as 49 to 50 in DAoC in a semi decent group.
I did it in about 14 hours, hunting lvl 18 and 19 mobs in a badlands area (boomtown)

For faster leveling, I could probably have formed / joined a task force, but I didn't have the 6 hours of time to do one in a straight go.

Karam - are you doing missions? or Just wandering about killing stuff?
Team up with 3-4 people your level and do missions together.... you'd be amazed how much more interesting things get ;)

Karam_Gruul

Banned
i've done a bit of both. i agree soloing gets extremely boring.. but, i have also grouped up a fair bit, i've been in a couple of good 8 person groups and a bunch of 5-6 person groups killing stuff a few lvls higher. and while yes it IS alot more fun, and the exp is alot faster, i still dont know how long i could do it for. its just not got that special something im looking for..

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I've been playing it for 2 months+ now (Inc beta), and still find it very fun. Whatever floats your boat, I guess :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
hehe well to be honest doing the same thing over and over again is part of the mmorpg experience!!! ive been doing the same thing over and over for 2 years in daoc and still find it mildly amusing and i enjoyed CoH alot in beta but i dont htink i would be able to do it since there would be nothing to work for until the Hero vs Villain expansion :p

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
The mssions are fun - and overall a challenge and well done.
Exp is relatively fast when you group.

Exp loss system is a nice change. When you die you don't lose exp but get debt which takes 50% of future exp until the debt is cleared. The nice thing aboutthis is that you are always gaining exp - even if at half speed. So at worst you have to earn twice the usual exp to level. Once you gain a level of course exp is 'easier' since you kill the next level of mobs so you work off any outstanding debt faster.

Sidekicks gain exp as normal but fight just below their mentor. A nuce touch as well.

Overall its a refreshing change. And PvP to come.

Ethiraseth

Fledgling Freddie
I like grouping. Grouped for the first time yesterday with a few people and went to some public dungeon, sewer something. Was really cool fighting like 8 mobs at once and seeing all kinds of colors and explosions flying around the screen. And no interrupts is a nice change from daoc, at least now you can just keep nuking at those villains. :cheers: . Combat overall is much more fun compared to daoc, lot faster and more action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom