CoD4 demo

eksdee

FH is my second home
so i just played this for about 10-15 minutes. absolutely stunned by it. i hate WW2 based games so never got into the other CoD games. this, however is absolutely stunning. it really makes you feel like you're in a real live warzone. ace!

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
COD4 looks awesome, although I have now noticed my graphics card needs replacing (X1900) so have gone and bought something for the release of this game.

I like the Nightvision goggle effects, the firing rate and effects are all very nice as well.

This only available to FP Subscribers though, right?

eksdee

FH is my second home
ah yeah, i forgot about that, been subscribing for some time now. i'm sure it will get uploaded somewhere else sharpish!

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The single player demo can be downloaded from all major file hosting services and also via BitTorrent. After the download stopped for me twice at around 1 GB from FileFront I got it via BitTorrent.

Will play it tomorrow, it looks like a shooter that will bring a lot of joy to me after GRAW 2 has been a major disappointment (not enough playing it).

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Boring. Feels like I've played it before. Moving on...

Just exactly the same as all the other single player CoH games, only with an M4 instead of a Tommy gun. Looks great I suppose...

/recommendation Try Insurgency HL2 mod, same thing much better :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
It's definatly not the same stuff, otherwise I would have played the other CoD games and I didn't.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
In what way is it different? Charge along, loads of bad guys shoot at you from stratigically placed holes in walls. Shoot them, carry on running until bored. Which is likely about 5 minutes.

edit I said coh in my previous post, I meant CoD, obviously :0

Yaka

Part of the furniture
sp is shit, mp going by the 360 is great fun.

not sure if it will be worth it for mp tho.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Try Insurgency HL2 mod, same thing much better :)

Too many lamers play FPS' these days. I only keep up to date with game demos to see new gfx, or original gameplay etc. Nothing wrong with refining a product, though ;-)
I was *very upset* when I heard PC Assassin's Creed had been put forward to next year. Still, Avencast demo was pretty good, and I'm looking forward to Witcher.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Apart from a few objective tweaks it feels pretty much like the earlier CoD games to me. Don't mind though as I enjoyed them. Nothing revolutionary, but OK, and I was surprised how well it ran on my 2 year old PC.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
In what way is it different? Charge along, loads of bad guys shoot at you from stratigically placed holes in walls. Shoot them, carry on running until bored. Which is likely about 5 minutes.

edit I said coh in my previous post, I meant CoD, obviously :0

Hmm, I played the SP demo from a multi player perspective. I will not spend any time on SP when the game is out. I only play online against others - since after Diablo 2 :).

Old CoD games didn't raise my or my clan's interest to play it in multiplayer, this one did and I am under the impression it's the case for a lot of clans. From what I can see, most of the clans playing Tom Clancy style games will move to CoD 4.

What makes a good FPS for me in multiplayer is:

- good and smooth graphics, CoD 4 is a state of the art I think, I haven't seen any FPS intense like this before,
- realism, obviously it's not the reality (thank god ehehe), but I like the models of the fighters and weapons, the way the movement and and the weapons are a lot,
- good maps, the one in SP looked promising,
- good multiplayer modes (don't know anything on this yet in CoD 4).

I agree on your statement in regards of SP, that's why I stopped to play it in almost all games.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
It felt like COD2 and so not worth buying. I don't like how scripted it has become, COD1 was the best. Nothing happens until you step in the right place and then all the soldiers move up a little more and repeat. zzz

throdgrain

FH is my second home
zzz indeed.

As far as the multiplayer thing goes I agree, we tried cod1 for about a month, did alright in ED as I recall, then realised if you're going to play a semi realistic fps in clan game you play css, and returned to it :)

Before you ask, our clan has been playing cs and css matches since version 1.0 with pretty much the same people, which is a Long Time :)

Poag

m00?
/recommendation Try Insurgency HL2 mod, same thing much better :)

God i played that for 2 weeks and found it absolutly goddam awfull.

It was either insanely easy, sitting on a roof with a machine gun mowing down the other team as soon as they come out of spawn. Or you ended up getting killed by a granade that was 60 feet away.

Only reason i played it for 2 weeks [on and off] was becuase it was running on one of my DOD:S servers while it was trialed.

As for COD4. Winnage

NV effects are great, first time i walked through that doorway and saw all the sights tracking up and down the bulding waqs "oooooh"...then i got shot :(, the weapons feel alot better, with bullet travel time opposed to instant hit which i REALLY like.

Played through that section abotu 10 times now on various difficulty ratings on ym X1950 it rus sweet as anything.

Cant wait till Nov 9th :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
lol just goes to show, you cant please all the people all the time :)

I think Insurgency is very realistic, it sounds great looks great, and its only on beta 1.1 too, so theres a way to go hopefully. It also feels familiar to me as it uses the HL2 engine.

CoD4 on the other hand, I dunno, Ive played a bit of CoD2 only recently, and it feels exactly the same as CoD4. The single player demo is just the same trudge through various attacks on buildings on various levels with unlikely amounts of bad guys shooting at you. And I bet the mulitplayer has crosses floating above the players heads to tell which side they're on, and I bet within two weeks of the game being out 90% of servers are playing deathmatch or Team deathmatch.

Yum Yum, cant wait :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
, Ive played a bit of CoD2 only recently, and it feels exactly the same as CoD4.

Agreed. Even the squad chatter and the "standing around with your CO" bit at the end of the level felt the same, and the mechanic of picking up a random AT weapon was identical. All that's changed is the eye-candy.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed. Even the squad chatter and the "standing around with your CO" bit at the end of the level felt the same, and the mechanic of picking up a random AT weapon was identical. All that's changed is the eye-candy.
I concur - fun but absolutely nothing new. I did like the rocket launcher though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom