COD - Dawnville Demo

M

~Mobius~

Downloading. To busy playing Final Fantasy Tactics at the moment though. :)

T

The-Don

the freeftp is capped at 12kb/s...

nevertheless, this looks great - t'is hard but then again maybe I should stop playing 'gung-ho' stylee

W

Wij

Ooh - I'll just download it on my l33t pretend intarweb connection !!!1

C

Cdr

Not as impressed with this demo as I was with the last. Just seemed a bit ummm well I dunno.

Is it me or do the soliders run really funny?

D

Deadmanwalking

I would say you on any other occasion CdR, but yes they kinda waddle.

D

Deadmanwalking

and obviously with your pants full of shit

W

Will

Originally posted by Cdr
Not as impressed with this demo as I was with the last. Just seemed a bit ummm well I dunno.
A bit shorter, and not at night. The AA guns blasting into the night sky was amazing in the last one.

It was a bit all over the place, Germans popping up in silly places, but good fun anyway.

And just to show you the benefits of being a member, I got the file at a more impressive 135kb/s

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by Will
And just to show you the benefits of being a member, I got the file at a more impressive 135kb/s

:eek2:

Git! :(

M

mr.Blacky

Then join up for a very low price of 24 pounds or if you have the gamecard just 12 pounds. (this statement was written with the facts when i joined up)

E

evilmonkeh

i thought the members ftp was capped at 60k?
im sure the welcome message says that...
doesnt seem to want to let me connect tho atm...
Connecting to ukftp.game.net
Connection failed (Connection timed out)
Delaying for 200 seconds before reconnect attempt #1
hmm

T

The-Don

A bit shorter, and not at night. The AA guns blasting into the night sky was amazing in the last one.

It was a bit all over the place, Germans popping up in silly places, but good fun anyway.

I couldn't agree more... this demo sucked compared to the last one... the only 'good' thing is the fact that i managed to leech this at 220kb/s :p

D

DaGaffer

FTP bandwidth is uncapped for subscribers. It doesn't mean you'll always get consistently blistering speeds - depends where you are how many people are on and whether dbs is in a good mood or not.

I thought Dawnville was pretty good, and the carchase that comes after it is a hoot, but you won't have...seen...that...yet.

T

The-Don

Originally posted by DaGaffer
I thought Dawnville was pretty good, and the carchase that comes after it is a hoot, but you won't have...seen...that...yet.

lucky bast... :(

E

evilmonkeh

i am a subscriber...
220-
220-Welcome to BarrysWorld's Subscriber UKFTP Server
220-================================================
220-
220-Currently supporting the following:
220-
220-Maximum Users Limit: Medium
220-512 Kbytes/secs download speeds.
hmm
oh, thats 512Kbytes, not bits, that be why

E

Embattle

Average, certainly not as good as the first demo and most probably would of been better to release a MP demo instead.

T

Testin da Cable

can I host game's NLFTP server when you come to invade europe? I'll keep it at home on my leet fault tolerant lan with ups and everything! I'll treat it like it was my firstborn son!! you only have to get a nice connection to my house set up ;):eek::D

K

KevinUK

Well I loved it, me waits for postie next friday :p

E

evilmonkeh

Originally posted by KevinUK
Well I loved it, me waits for postie next friday :p
/me does a similar action, albiet with hope of an early arrival on thursday

W

whipped

Originally posted by DaGaffer
FTP bandwidth is uncapped for subscribers. It doesn't mean you'll always get consistently blistering speeds - depends where you are how many people are on and whether dbs is in a good mood or not.

Some of us naughty people will have ;)

O

old.milou

Aye and the Warsaw Trainyards are good too...

T

throdgrain

Finally downloaded this - thought it was great :)
Hope it has a good multiplayer, and I hope they have an option for getting rid of the crosshair, making people aim. I wonder how long it will be before someone incorperates a horizontal movement into the aiming process, then it would just like the real thing :)

L

leggy

Throd in liking a sp game shocka :D

I agree though. Thought this demo was really quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread