CoD 5 1.4 patch error

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Ok so I've downloaded it twice now and both times all I get is 'error reading setup initialisation file' any ideas on how to fix this?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
download it from somewhere else ? :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Cant help the OP but CoD4 singleplayer is better, but multiplayer? Is it bollocks.

00dave

Ok dowloaded it 3 times now and still no joy. Can't afford to download it again I think its taken me over my download limit. The file is supposed to be 541mb but for some reason I'm not getting half of that before it cuts out, what could be causing that 3 times in a row.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
u using download accelerators or anything like that ?

00dave

nope wasn't even aware of such things. Just downloading from the mirror sites listed on the call of duty website.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
This may sound odd, but it may be worth buying one of those PC Gamer mags with the DVD and see if they have the patch on there, bit of a long shot but worked for me for one of the BF2 patches that wouldn't install or the d/l would cut out after 85%

00dave

Ok this is getting ridiculous now, downloaded it a 4th time, this one went a little better but then when I went to open it it's asking me what I want to open it with. FFS what the hell is going on here, why is nobody else having the same trouble as me?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
You're not downloading it completely. Hence it's not installing properly, I suspect.

Try downloading this download manager from Fileplanet, then download the patch, also from Fileplanet, here.

You will have to create an account at Fileplanet first, I'm sure you can do that though.

//edit

1.4?? you do mean 1.5 don't you??

mooSe_

FH is my second home
No it is 1.4.

I had a few problems at first when I tried to install yesterday, but I eventually got it to work off gamershell.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
While I would normally agree, Steam are always at least a week behind when a CoD patch comes out, so I dunno ... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom