cockups

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
ECA said:
a sovereign is a gold coin worth 45-65 quid on average depending on type/date/condition.
Which is often used in a ring, named sovereign also and worn, primarily, by 'the great unwashed' to brag about and to use as a nuckle-duster (is that how you spell it? seems wrong). I'm almost as bad, I wear a cladagh ring.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Doh_boy said:
knuckle-duster .
saw something in the newspaper a few days ago about a townie/chav who tried to punch someone wearing soverigns and busted three of his knuckles :clap:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Chavs, scum of the earth. It always amazes me how they manage to get their arse-cheeks to make such a realistic impression of speech.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Xavier said:
saw something in the newspaper a few days ago about a townie/chav who tried to punch someone wearing soverigns and busted three of his knuckles :clap:
mehh silent k! :) Cheers.

Also bear in mind that a townie would see a broken knuckle as a sign of 'toughness' so in breaking a few knuckles will now see himself as a bit of a tough-nut.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
TdC said:
not just a nut then? :(
Course not, I'd consider him a gobshite to either ignore and stay away or exchange pleasantrys and try to subtly move away from him in the pub. Going out drinking in levenshulme you see plenty of these. But instead of sovereigns they wear cladagh rings.

Will

/bin/su
2400732A54IFN46946M.JPG

Thank you Argos. ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The most awful looking rings known to man -excluding Wij's.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
urgh. such a coin is about the size of a pound coin?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
slightly smaller in most cases, but still stupidly large and crass.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
TdC said:
feck :( say, you don't happen to know of any sites with pictures of such rings? I'm quite curious, and my mind's eye is conjuring up images of great hunks of metal a la brass knuckles that look just enough like a ring to not have police taking it off you :/

edit found this myself. is it like that? http://www.claddagh-jewellery.co.uk/acatalog/Claddagh_GR005P_Gents_Platinum_Claddagh_ring_146.html
Thats my ring but in platinum. :) It's not as bad as the soveriegn it's just popular round my way. :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I don't find your ring that terrible tbh. I don't wear rings myself, but I was thinking of getting a thin silver band for my thumb to see if I would like it.
thin is the key though, I'd prefer no to notice it at all. hmm.

Clown

Part of the furniture
We're talking about cockups and your ring? Ooer :p

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Doh_boy said:
I bet it sounded as if the world was going to end, when it broke! :)

This best one I can think of is this:

I worked a company who made testing software for WAP (internet over the phones) and one such tool was a load tester. It was pretty much a DOS program which can be used to emulate users on a company's server (wap gateway). One day as I was testing it at 'unusually high loads' I managed to send the 10,000 user requests (at the same time) to teletext's wap site! :) Usually we sent it internally to another programe called the 'responder'. I had it going for 15 mins until the sys admin came up and asked me what the fuck did I think I was doing! :]

Everyone wondered why the interent went off for half an hour! :D

This reminds me of somehthing which we did here about 3 months ago.
We were asked to send out some emails to our clients through some custom spamming software we developed in house. All above board as it was a proper client mailshot.
Neither myself or my boss were in and we usually operate the software. Unfortunately the marketing department insisted we sent out the mail, so one of my collegues tried to work out how the software worked and set up a mailshot.

The next day we relalised that due to him fucking up the settings and setting up multiple jobs instead of 1 copy to our 10kish clients he had sent 3 million copies to one customer......

Apparantly his mailbox gave up after the first 30k mails and the rest came back as bounce messages..... After a discussion with him and his isp we were politely asked never to send him mail again.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom