Help Cocking Ikea

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Halp.

Does anyone know, or can anyone find a Billy Bookcase in 40cm width?!

IKEA | Search result

I seriously hope they've not discontinued it, I bought one only recently to match up with a Benno CD/DVD tower which all fits and looks great together plus it's all pretty cheap. Well, I need another 40cm wide Billy Bookcase but can't fucking find one on their website for love nor money - they seem to have an 80cm unit, but certainly no 40cm unit listed.

Please lord, don't make me throw my Abba CDs out the window in protest....

Tom

I am a FH squatter
So get the 80cm unit, take it to the nearest woodshop, and chop it to 40cm. It won't take 10 minutes, its only laminated MDF. Then all you have to do is drill 2 holes in each horizontal edge for the dowels.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They do spares too, you could buy two more side panels and have 2 sets of shelves.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

Close, but that one has the glass door (looking for Beech).

I'm looking for the Billy version of this:

IKEA | Storage furniture | DVD & CD furniture | BENNO | DVD/ CD shelf unit

Which is much shallower than the Billy. Now that I've looked at my existing Billy at 40cm, I can see why they might have done away with it as the wider Benno CD tower is much shallower but will still hold the majority of books. The Billy 40cm is quite deep.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Ebay it dude.

We got 2 of the wide Billy bookcases and 2 of the same height cd racks (billy and benno as far as im aware) for £25 from some woman up the road. She'd only had them a couple of weeks and didnt need them any more as she was off down south to work for six months........

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
"I see your two beds thread and raise you a thread about affairs with ex-boyfriends (or something, I lost the will to live halfway through)."

oooo help i need an ikea bookcase to match my other one

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I came to this thread to find some ideas about cocking. Imagine my disappointment :\,

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
"I see your two beds thread and raise you a thread about affairs with ex-boyfriends (or something, I lost the will to live halfway through)."

oooo help i need an ikea bookcase to match my other one

*cough* qft *cough*

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I've had Benno and Billy ikea stuff year years now, and never had a problem getting the bits for them. I think IKEa's website is just a bit shit. They are staple lines for them, it would be stupid to discontinue them.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
We have two big Billy bookcases and two small ones. Still got more books than space in them though. In a 1 bedroom box flat. Agh!

gremlin

One of Freddy's beloved
What Chet said, probably just their shitty website. If you went in-store I'd bet they had them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom