Cocking Catalyst Drivers...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm presuming Catalyst 9.6 is the newest version but after downloading and installing (twice) Steam's still pissing me off with the news that 8.14.10.671 is still installed :(

Any suggestiosn?

Embattle

FH is my second home
9.6 is the newest and only came out a week ago, always use something like Guru3D - Driver Sweeper to remove all traces of the previous driver before installing the new one.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
lol I'm on 8.12. Perhaps it's time to upgrade :)

TdC

fwiw I got the same message from steam :)

TdC

it's not going away now :/

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Done the clean, re-installed from the Catalyst 9.6 download and now got version 8.620.0.0.

Yes, I'm mildly annoyed that I seem to have gone backwards from 8.14 > 8.6.

Steam's still pissed off, but I'm pretty sure not as much as me with ATI's shoddy installer.

I'm thinking ATI have pulled a wanky IBM version number trick and called their 9.6 drivers 8.6. Either way, I've too much shit to do right now than piss around with this. If I fix it later I'll post again :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's catalyst software suite 9.6, which is made up of a version of the catalyst control centre and a version of the driver itself -both of which will have different numbering systems for the version, iirc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep. And 8.14>8.6 is an upgrade. (Doh!). But Steam's still complaining of downlevel drivers :(

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I miss the days of Catlalyst drivers. Now I've joined the dark side and got an nVIDIwank GPU in my laptop, I seem forever stuck in driver hell. And now me mate's just rung me to say he's having problems with the graphics drivers on his laptop as well. ARGGHHHHHHH!

The 9xxx Go series of Geforces are the work of satan. No one else could come up with such a buggy, overheating pile of wank.

TdC

thought you were talking about ati there for a sec Bods. ati|nvidia = wank tbh

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
I'm presuming Catalyst 9.6 is the newest version but after downloading and installing (twice) Steam's still pissing me off with the news that 8.14.10.671 is still installed :(

Any suggestiosn?

The driver version is not the same as the Catalyst version.

For example I have Catalyst version 9.4 currently installed, that gives me 3D driver version 8.612.0.0.

TdC

strange. my steam complains about me having 8.14 now, even though the CCC shows I have the same as you.

there was nothing ATi left in my systems before I installed the latest cats. also I find it ver strange that I only get in-game audio with the ATI hd audio drivers installed from the cats, even though my audio device works perfectly well without said drivers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I ran that driver sweeper proggy and then reinstalled. Driver 8.620.0.0 seems to be the fella for Cat 9.6. Steam kept thinking I was on 8.14 for a while but that's sorted now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom