Games co-op the way forward?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
its something ive never really got into aside from usual pvp games CS BF1942 TF2 etc but they have always been purely pvp and altho fun you rarely get to set the pace of the game

i recently played the left 4 dead demo and it was a lot of fun me and a group of friends couldnt get enough of it just wondering if people think this should be a option that should become more common place in single player games?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think all games should have a co-op mode. Even if they cant increase the amount of enemies, make it so you can zerg through with your friends.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Meh, I thought this was a thread about putting your money in the Co-Op

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Co-op is a nightmare logistically.

Unless you're talking about the place you should ALL be doing your shopping ;)

Zede

Part of the furniture
I play Battlefield 2 Special Forces BOMSF Mod a few times a week with 3 m8s over my LAN, rocks !

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Co-op employee Scouse? :p

Lol. No :)

Got a mate who's a game developer. They always want to do co-op but it's so complex to implement in practice that it could whack ages on development time - and with really good titles costing millions to make that's a lot of cash... :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Completely agree about the need for co-op play. I've always loved it, just rarely ever seen it done well. I mean yes it's fantastic to go through your favourite fps or strategy game two player but sadly all the differences seem to be simply giving the enemy better weapons, more armour, or reducing your shot power.

I just wish that a basic co-op player element would come in and be built on with improved AI...picking off one person in a room, jumping two players at the same time, even just increased numbers but it never seems to happen. Perhaps Scouse has summed it up well but I still see with computers evolving at the rate they have, all we seem to have to show for it in the games industry is more shiny graphics instead of better utilising AI.

Maybe the industry I'm aiming towards isn't the best path as AI in gaming just isn't improving beyond the standard scope of yesteryear. It's when people rave about fears (myself included) AI when if you think about it, all it is is taking alternate paths every so often. A step in the right direction, yes but I'm still suprised at the lack of it.

Ramble ramble ramble ;)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Every since I played co-op Double Dragon and beat my sister (in the game) at the end as a kid, I have loved co-op and will sometimes buy a game just because it has co-op, my flatmate and me play co-op on a regular bases, the only problem is most games are 2-player co-op and not 4 on local. Though because of that myflatmate is thinkin of getting a 360 so we can play 4 player co-op over system link or live.

Co-op sells games, theres nothing quite like completing a level or game with a buddy sat next to you.

Marc

FH is my second home
Saints Row 2 is such a laugh in co op play

Tom

I am a FH squatter
2-player Bubble Bobble on the C64 was ace. Me and a mate completed the game that way :) Wizbal was another great.

I'm playing Left 4 Dead in co-op mode and its very very good, if a player goes idle then the computer will take over until they return, and people can leave games at will, with others joining to take their place seamlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom