Clustering

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
From camelot-europe.com:

- It is possible to join together areas other than the frontier zone. Those areas are those that load when you enter them, save for the housing zones ;

If its possible to join together other zones than the frontier zone, is it not possible to join together the RvR zone and for example the classic zone?
I understand from the poll that this is not possible, however, I do not understand why.

From the poll:

Within the framework of a possible clustering of the servers Excalibur and Prydwen, which areas would you like to see joined ? (If you choose answers 1 or 2 make one choice, and otherwise choose as many as apply).

In which option 1 is no clustering and option 2 is RvR zones only
The rest of the options is Main cities, Classic zone, Atlantis, Shrouded Isles, and Catacombs.

I know of alot of people whom have voted for Option 2, and one or more of the following options. Will their votes be discarded, or is clustering of the RvR zone + <Insert PvE zone(s) here> possible after all?

PS! A bit desperate atm, 'cause I think its 10 minutes till the poll closes :(

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I Voted RvR zones only...it would bring back alot of RvR people etc and make the frontiers more fun

Aeva

Banned
Come to think of it, clustering housing zone would be pretty damn cool, that way I could get alot more things that I have been looking for on CMs

Jjuraa

Banned
Aeva said:
Come to think of it, clustering housing zone would be pretty damn cool, that way I could get alot more things that I have been looking for on CMs

could get them anyway afaik? because they dont "Cluster" the housing zones (i.e. squeeze pryd and excal housing zones together) so all you have to do is wander round pryds housing zone, if you dont see what youre after, head to camelot, use the special teleporter, and go to the excal housing zone

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Vilje said:
From camelot-europe.com:

- It is possible to join together areas other than the frontier zone. Those areas are those that load when you enter them, save for the housing zones ;

If its possible to join together other zones than the frontier zone, is it not possible to join together the RvR zone and for example the classic zone?
I understand from the poll that this is not possible, however, I do not understand why.

From the poll:

Within the framework of a possible clustering of the servers Excalibur and Prydwen, which areas would you like to see joined ? (If you choose answers 1 or 2 make one choice, and otherwise choose as many as apply).

In which option 1 is no clustering and option 2 is RvR zones only
The rest of the options is Main cities, Classic zone, Atlantis, Shrouded Isles, and Catacombs.

I know of alot of people whom have voted for Option 2, and one or more of the following options. Will their votes be discarded, or is clustering of the RvR zone + <Insert PvE zone(s) here> possible after all?

PS! A bit desperate atm, 'cause I think its 10 minutes till the poll closes :(

What you misunderstood is that if you cluster ANYTHING you will ALWAYS cluster RvR zones...

So if you select "Main Cities" then you will automaticly have clustered RvR as well...

So to get what you want, just tick "Classic Zones" as you sounded like you wanted classic zones + RvR zones clustered...

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Iceforge said:
What you misunderstood is that if you cluster ANYTHING you will ALWAYS cluster RvR zones...

So if you select "Main Cities" then you will automaticly have clustered RvR as well...

So to get what you want, just tick "Classic Zones" as you sounded like you wanted classic zones + RvR zones clustered...

Ah, ok =) thanks alot - dident see that if u clustered classic zone, RvR would be clustered neways ^^

Whish they explained that in the info 'bout the poll

thanks alot =)

EDIT: Just some grammar

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Voted rvr+si zones, reasons for rvr are obvious and I wouldn't mind actually seeing people in ac :eek:

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I hope we get ToA clustered for ML reasons, but I voted no to that because I don't want excal people stealing my arties.

Jjuraa

Banned
atos said:
I hope we get ToA clustered for ML reasons, but I voted no to that because I don't want excal people stealing my arties.

read :touch:

if you CLUSTER the TOA zones, that means ONE TOA ZONE for both Excal and Prydwen.

however if you DONT Cluster TOA zones, that means there is a Excal TOA zone, AND a Prydwen TOA zone. and you can visit either.

so yes for example you could check pryd TOA for Danos, and if it isnt up, head to Excal TOA and kill him there instead.

so dont cluster bloody toa zones >.>

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
bah...gotto say I would have loved to understand that before...

Jjuraa said:
read :touch:

if you CLUSTER the TOA zones, that means ONE TOA ZONE for both Excal and Prydwen.

however if you DONT Cluster TOA zones, that means there is a Excal TOA zone, AND a Prydwen TOA zone. and you can visit either.

so yes for example you could check pryd TOA for Danos, and if it isnt up, head to Excal TOA and kill him there instead.

so dont cluster bloody toa zones >.>

Bah why cant GOA/Mythic (both of them) learn how to explain things so that people understand. How hard could that have been explaning in the info at the pull ?:/

Ofc I voted wrongly for clustering TOA zones (what i wanted was to be able to enter my own TOA zone (prydwen) for artifacts and a Joined TOA zone for MLs and extremly hard artifacts as well as clustered main Citys and RVR.

Well we will just have to see what comes out of this anyway lets just hope they cluster RVR anything else is just iceing on the cake...:)

/Charmangle

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I just voted RvR AND Main Cities, so we get some people in Camelot. :) I didn't realize that Main Cities also implied RvR..

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
I would like to see the servers clustered if the timer between switching realms wasnt so long.

I like to play mid/pryd for a bit and then jump over to hib/excal when i get bored or theres a raid etc... With clustered I would have to stare at my screen for an hour before I could change realms. Ive invested far to much time and effort to not be able to play either realm whenever I want.

If they dropped it to 15 mins I would be 100% behind rvr clustering and being able to utilise two ToA zones.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
1 hour isn't too bad compared to the original 8 hours.

voted no to it all tho. am unsure what it will bring.

Zebidie

Fledgling Freddie
I've got really mixed feelings about this clustering. I'd really like to have more people to interact with but at the same time, as a new player, i really dont like the realm restrictions that will come with the clustering.
I've only just started to play DOaC and was excited by the 44 classes avaliable, with the proposed clustering I will have to just choose 2 realms that i'll ever get to experiment with. If down the line I decide to not play Alb & Hib that i have now and instead want to change to Alb & Mid I wont be able to as deleting my Hib chars will then lock me into the single realm (Albion).
Any new players joining will be even worse off being restricted to just 1 realm of classes. That would be a real shame, theres so much diversity and opertunity for replay through the classes that it would be a real blow to be shut out of such a large portion of the game due to the clustering.

Riotsz

Fledgling Freddie
just a thought...whats going to happen with people that have the same names on Excaliber and Prydwen? cant have 2 "Riots" running around, only enough space for one of me :p

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Riotsz said:
just a thought...whats going to happen with people that have the same names on Excaliber and Prydwen? cant have 2 "Riots" running around, only enough space for one of me :p

You're gonna have your server name as part of your name.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Does Excal need clustering more than Pryd? The way things are shaping it's goingto have a lower active population soon.

Quixor

Fledgling Freddie
Imo RvR zones only. thers always groups out and about on pryd so im sure its fine on excal. since the keep situation in RvR the action is never ending so imagin what it'll be like after the cluster.

The alb zergs vs hib skill vs mid adding :worthy:

Justicator

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:

Wierd. That's totally the opposite to US servers then :p They clustered all zones so we basically got 2-3 of each zone.

Gallak

Loyal Freddie
Nope its the same as the US servers, they only clustered the RVR zones there, which is why you get 2-3 of each zone, just as you would if they only clustered the rvr zone here.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Zebidie said:
I've only just started to play DOaC and was excited by the 44 classes avaliable, with the proposed clustering I will have to just choose 2 realms that i'll ever get to experiment with. If down the line I decide to not play Alb & Hib that i have now and instead want to change to Alb & Mid I wont be able to as deleting my Hib chars will then lock me into the single realm (Albion).

Dude, since just about launch people from the UK and other english speaking parts of the United States of Europia (or whatever its called now), have been asking how come France and Germany have three servers - the ability to have toons in each realm, and we had only two. To make it worse, it was then announced that the lack of numbers on the two English servers had meant that we will not get a third, and Germany will get a 5th instead. I whined that most Germans speak far better English than most of us Brits speak German, but still it came, and verily, t'was Germanic :(

If GoA are planning on stripping down to one English language server, in essence, and limiting players to one realm, then that would indeed suck even more than the above. I don't personally understand what the relevance to the server language is - make the language and UI client-side and then ALL the servers could be ALL languages? Or am i pissing into the wind here? I'm no techie - not since they stopped using Dos, but can that not happen?

lairiodd

Loyal Freddie
I don't personally understand what the relevance to the server language is - make the language and UI client-side and then ALL the servers could be ALL languages?

Its not really the server language that is the main problem (although that is still a minor problem). Its the fact that everyone on a specific server speaks a specific language.

What they would need to do is use an auto translator :) It might not tbe perfect but it would at least help with various people speaking different languages.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
lairiodd said:
Its not really the server language that is the main problem (although that is still a minor problem). Its the fact that everyone on a specific server speaks a specific language.

What they would need to do is use an auto translator :) It might not tbe perfect but it would at least help with various people speaking different languages.

That's nonsense.... GoA themselves said that the serverside client is giving the problems. and with that.. the fact that everyone speaks a specific language... well.. let them, if they wanna communicate with me.. they gotta speak either English or Dutch... But that really ain't GoA or Mythic's problem. I think mythic just didn't realise when programming this game that there are other languages outside the US, and therefor just without thinking twice programmed the language IN the program code

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I think mythic just didn't realise when programming this game that there are other languages outside the US, and therefor just without thinking twice programmed the language IN the program code

Now THAT's nonsense. :) I really, really, REALLY doubt Mythic would not put text descriptions in special text files but instead hard-code it. Something as simple as a typo would mean a server reboot that way. There are probably massive language lookup tables for the server to get the text they need. This makes the game much more editable without having to restart the servers each and every little change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom