Clustering

Siesta

Fledgling Freddie
Are there actually any Albs staying with albion ? :(

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Siesta said:
Are there actually any Albs staying with albion ? :(

Sure, Albion is the most overpowered realm with the most op classes, and above that albs are the love child of Mythic.

Ps.: It has a great chance that I'll move to hibernia from albion after clustering :)

Mordenaar

Fledgling Freddie
Marchus said:
hope not *cough*
argh, sry, was toooo evil ;<

hey stalky, not seen you reaver bomb us hibs for a while...where you been? :clap:

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Mordenaar said:
hey stalky, not seen you reaver bomb us hibs for a while...where you been? :clap:

was playing in lyonesse with champ, and was in french for 3 weeks, and my acc is closed atm, so couldn't rly play -)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
danmrman said:
Any idea when clustering is happening at all?

http://daoc.goa.com/news/view_news.php3?id_article=3447

Tests for server clustering
The implementation of the server clustering is running its course but it turns out that it will be more complex than expected. Therefore, the test phase might be longer than what we initially planned. However, we still hope to implement the Excalibur-Prydwen and Carnac-Orcanie clusterings before the end of August. Of course, we will keep you informed of the tests' progress.

I dunno.
People whined for a year about GOA not communicating so now that they post news every week noone reads it :p

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
aye :)

if they read the news they might end up with nothing to whine on, so better be safe and skip them

Lisaliten

One of Freddy's beloved
givf cluster, so the albs can take all 6 relics at 04.00AM :worthy:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Lisaliten said:
givf cluster, so the albs can take all 6 relics at 04.00AM :worthy:

The Albs can already take them practically at will. Their crushing numbers advantage is just going to be even more pronounced after clusterfucking. Forget taking any Alb keeps, as 10FGs or more will turn up at will anywhere, anytime. You can try to defend your own against the 24/7 Albzerg, but eventually the sheer weight of numbers will grind you down. You thought the zergfest and Alb domination was bad after NF arrived? You ain't seen nothing yet.

I still can't believe people were stupid, selfish (WAAAA! I want more low RRs to farm so my e-peen will be bigger! Givf clustering meightzzz! WAAAA!) and short-sighted enough to vote for clusterfucking. It's going to fucking suck.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Shike said:
lawl, such doomsayer!1

A lot of people share my fears. A discussion started in my /as yesterday about clusterfucking, and most people were very worried, given that the Albs on Excal can already do pretty much whatever they want whenever they want.
Here's the truth in RvR (not the 8v8 Quake Team Deathmatch stuff, but real Realm versus Realm): numbers > all. Get that? Numbers > all. It doesn't matter how 'skilled' you think you are, if there's 4 times as many enemies as you - you are going to die. I guess it depends how enjoyable you find being steamrolled over and over by huge enemy numbers to be.
Clusterfucking stands a very good chance of killing the RvR part of this game stone dead.

We'll see. My money, along with that of many others, is on it completely sucking.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
A lot of people share my fears. A discussion started in my /as yesterday about clusterfucking, and most people were very worried, given that the Albs on Excal can already do pretty much whatever they want whenever they want.
Here's the truth in RvR (not the 8v8 Quake Team Deathmatch stuff, but real Realm versus Realm): numbers > all. Get that? Numbers > all. It doesn't matter how 'skilled' you think you are, if there's 4 times as many enemies as you - you are going to die. I guess it depends how enjoyable you find being steamrolled over and over by huge enemy numbers to be.
Clusterfucking stands a very good chance of killing the RvR part of this game stone dead.

We'll see. My money, along with that of many others, is on it completely sucking.

Thanks for reminding me why I left excal. I enjoy our 8 vs 8 fights. HF with clusting wars ;)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I think svartmetall is cool, he say clusterfucking insted of clustering.

I mean, u have to be a cool guy to be able to pull something like that off :sex:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Heta said:
I think svartmetall is cool, he say clusterfucking insted of clustering.

I mean, u have to be a cool guy to be able to pull something like that off :sex:

Yeah, it took me hours to think that one up. I'm thinking of entering it for the Booker Prize*.

*possibly not true

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe all the albs/pryd should reroll hib and mid to provide counterzerg? :m00:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Svartmetall said:

actully, good grps, who have skilled up vs. 8v8 have a greater chance when its 1:4 odds. bomb grps can do it etc.
im looking forward to it, and all mids can cry like you if they like :eek:

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:

and many others vote that it will be better than it is today..

and sure, numbers matter alot but, hibs on pryd as an example held albs at bay and still do, even tho the realm started as underpopulated really badly.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I doubt it will be as bad as Svart and others fear since alot of exc/albs are currently rerolling on hib/pryd it seems, and i bet some are on mid/pry as well, trying a new realm with the advent of clustering - at any rate, hib/pryd has seen an influx of players and i believe that at least hib wont roll over and die after clustering.

And in any case its not just albs that will get clustered ;) Sure, the pop differences will show alil more but albs have always been more. Does it really matter that much if its (f.ex etc) 200 hibs 300 mids and 400 albs or 300 hibs 450 mids and 600 albs? Since its a 3 way game, by design the dominating realm will sooner or later be the target of a joined attack by both other realms (i.e. hibgard, midbion or albernia). We have yet to see such pop differences that albion outnumbers both mid and hib together etc, and it certainly wont happen after cluster.

Lets just see how it pans out :) Im sure the first week will be frantic since quite a few people will likely reactivate to see what cluster is all about, but then it should calm down and we should see nice healthy numbers in the frontiers. I think it will be good.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
In the US it seems that people equated clustering with fixing existing bugs / realm imbalances etc. When they discovered this was not a magic fix the downward trend in numbers started again.

Is the European population at large any wiser. Maybe not everyone but with the poll and the ability to look at the US some certainly are.

Clustering is the only sticking plaster Mythic have come up with to tackle the decline in server umbers. The next US round will cluster 2 of the clusters!!

Svart is right to be worried but this is the only fix in town and at the end of the day whether its 200-300-400 o.-800 it doesn't really matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom