Cluster Sucks

Afran

Part of the furniture
Probably posted before, but felt like posting it again!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
To be fairly honest, I'd rather not have the servers clustered. Not saying clustering is such a very bad thing. It is probably a good effort in general for the future of daoc. Just my personal opinion anyway.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Cluster is in no way bad! Having the clustered rvr on Agramon however is useless!
Too little island, too many players.
Gifv back RvR in the frontiers..... Pennine Mountains is by far the best pvp zone in my opinion. (except OF ofc) :)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Septina said:
Cluster is in no way bad! Having the clustered rvr on Agramon however is useless!
Too little island, too many players.
Gifv back RvR in the frontiers..... Pennine Mountains is by far the best pvp zone in my opinion. (except OF ofc) :)

The open snow area between glenlock and its tower is best I think. nowhere to hide ;)

Agramon will chill sooner or later.

And I think its the higher end guilds that like cluster over the others. always more "randoms" than not to farm. and harder to compete now Im sure

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I prefer zergs over no action at all, enjoyed it so far. The differences in Prydwen and Excalibur atitude (to add, or not to add, and other differences) will fade over time, I think. I think, over a matter of weeks, or months, that this will be better than not having been clustered. If the servers hadn't been clustered, and GOA would bring a classic server, I'm pretty sure that would be the end op Prydwen, or near enough, for at least a while, like it took a while for population to rise again after some mmorpg's got released and stuff.
I'm sure most of the people disliking cluster will agree that it's better to have a lot of zergy action out there, rather than having none at all? And I really doubt it's impossible to find some fg-fg fights, when moving away from mg's/Agramon.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
In a couple of weeks Agramon won´t be as crowded as it is now. Ppl will start taking towers/keeps which will amuse the zerg and gank groups will rule agramon.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
In a couple of weeks Agramon won´t be as crowded as it is now. Ppl will start taking towers/keeps which will amuse the zerg and gank groups will rule agramon.
Bet they don't.

Bet the nooby retards will still be in Agramon by this same time next year.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:

If it follows the US agramon will be for a couple of guild grps that likes to fight each other kinda where as others camps bridge. and quite many actually run other areas to. wherever a tower burns usually starts out some 8v8 later.

I would enjoy EU so much if the adding from good grps that you cant kill easy stop.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
The servers needed to be clustered.

Some action is better than none. If we hadn't clustered we would have carried on with iRVR. At least this way we have the potential to fill Argamon and at least one other Frontier.

Argamon is easier for alot of people since, you can use some speed from the hastner and get a reasonable way into Agramon. Ok, it may have some issues with FPs in certain places.

As I have said many times, if you want the action spread out, take towers, especially ones that control teleporting to the keeps outside Argamon. It forces people to retake. If you can't be bothered to do this then don't moan about it.

Gamah

Banned
Cluster with AGROmon sucks, I have been pottering around NF and been having a good time.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
meh its ok, i love the group action i can get now, however i hate the solo action i really dont get now :p

Afran

Part of the furniture
Atleast pre-cluster solo was an option, since cluster it really isn't anymore. Couldn't solo very well even at midnight lastnight, between amg's/alb bridge's was 3-4fg albs, middle of Agramon was empty, go hib side and there's 2-3fg hibs on stick, mid was pretty much the same. That's coming from a visible-class PoV.

I agree with Septina/whoever else said the same; that cluster is only really a problem on Agramon. Agramon is too small for the poplulation of the server (let's face it, other RvR areas are very dead so really anyone who rvr's on the 'two' servers goes there). However I find keep sieges pretty boring too, would be fun to get NF RvR again.

Limit the amount of people allowed on Agramon at one time tbh :p

Gamah said:
I have been pottering around NF and been having a good time.

Only found one enemy in about an hour, which was a rr3 excal hero, so fight lasted 20secs :d That was roaming around alb frontier.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Aoln said:
Not as much as your mum does!

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLPWNMEDMATE!!111
ololrofl you maid a funny

Slitzzz

Fledgling Freddie
I disagree! There is many solo spot.. Im always out with zerk like 1h before set grp kicks in. Places like Brynia bridge , Beno bridge and emain bridges, Im sure gonna get some flames now like , OMg now u ruined solo rvr for good ect but fg wont go there to kill 1 or 2.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Slitzzz said:
I disagree! There is many solo spot.. Im always out with zerk like 1h before set grp kicks in. Places like Brynia bridge , Beno bridge and emain bridges, Im sure gonna get some flames now like , OMg now u ruined solo rvr for good ect but fg wont go there to kill 1 or 2.
Like I said, from a visible's PoV. I'm hardly going to go all that way to get jumped by '1 or 2' SB's :d

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Afran said:
Like I said, from a visible's PoV. I'm hardly going to go all that way to get jumped by '1 or 2' SB's :d

I hate to repeat it over and over again yet... this game isn't meant to be played solo.

pip

Banned
Afran said:
Make some friends:eek7: have fun:touch:

Afran

Part of the furniture
Adianna said:
this game isn't meant to be played solo.

Don't really see how you can claim that - But a lot of people find soloing fun, atleast when it's possible, and enjoy having 1v1's, myself included.

pip said:
Make some friends:eek7: have fun:touch:

Zerging **** x<

pip

Banned
Afran said:
Don't really see how you can claim that - But a lot of people find soloing fun, atleast when it's possible, and enjoy having 1v1's, myself included.

Zerging **** x<
attitude like that me see why you run solo:fluffle:

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Afran said:

Well... alone that Mythic calls their game a MMORPG might give a hint that it isn't meant to be played solo... and Mythic stated several times that they do not design the game towards 1 vs 1 or group vs group but realm vs realm.

Not meant to be played in a way does neither mean that it is forbidden to play that way nor that no one shouldn't play it that way if he or she likes that. It just means that it is a design decision that this game doesn't directly favour these aspects.

So you either have to live with that or you have to quit. There are plenty of possibilities to solo, especially with a class like theurgist. Either be happy that you actually have a chance to solo or quit. Complaining won't help that... and regarding that the majority of Prydwen and Excalibur players wanted clustering, it is up to you to decide. Either continue playing, then it can't be that bad, or it is that bad, well then you have the simple option of not renewing your subs.

Complaining about something not working that was never planned is a little off the track.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Adianna said:
Well... alone that Mythic calls their game a MMORPG might give a hint that it isn't meant to be played solo... and Mythic stated several times that they do not design the game towards 1 vs 1 or group vs group but realm vs realm.

Not meant to be played in a way does neither mean that it is forbidden to play that way nor that no one shouldn't play it that way if he or she likes that. It just means that it is a design decision that this game doesn't directly favour these aspects.

So you either have to live with that or you have to quit. There are plenty of possibilities to solo, especially with a class like theurgist. Either be happy that you actually have a chance to solo or quit. Complaining won't help that... and regarding that the majority of Prydwen and Excalibur players wanted clustering, it is up to you to decide. Either continue playing, then it can't be that bad, or it is that bad, well then you have the simple option of not renewing your subs.

Complaining about something not working that was never planned is a little off the track.

Currently playing PvP server, where soloing is possible, in the hope that some day frontiers will liven up a bit.

A lot of people actually agree/have their own opinions as to what they think to cluster - seems a lot of people are against it.
Yes, people did want cluster to arrive, I even did myself, but now that it has, it's safe to say it sucks :<

Afran

Part of the furniture
xxManiacxx said:
No problem at all to get solo fights in cluster
/beckon a random person inbetween 4fg? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom