Cluster or Glastonbury?

Tommyknocker

Fledgling Freddie
After a disastrous experience on the US servers, the community seemingly mentally stunted at the age of twelve, I'm now downloading the European trial. I used to play back in the old, old days but interest gradually faded and I left when I started hearing about the effects of ToA (I had level 37, 35 and others so never experienced it first-hand).

I'm a pretty casual player, probably 25 hours a week maximum, and was wondering what the best server would be to join? I'm liking the larger and less fragmented community of Glastonbury, and much disliking the /level feature on the clusters. But I guess what it really boils down to is RvR, and how long-term and commited the communities actually are.

Thanks in advance,
Tommyknocker

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Definately Glastonbury, purely for the fact you dont have to spend all your time on ml raids and camping for artifacts

don't listen to Thadius, he's daft!

Just join an arti raid on cluster and you've got all your artis done, you just need the scrolls now ^^

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Samaroon|Terracotta said:

Just join an arti raid on cluster and you've got all your artis done, you just need the scrolls now ^^

Oh yea, i forgot they made ToA pathetically easy

Thadius

Part of the furniture
See what Glastonbury does to people, turns them all serious! :twak:

Hmm?

I think the toa patch was pathetic, I had a character that took me a while to finish and I was proud with the acheievment

Now any guy who power levels his way to 50 can get all his stuff handed to him on a plate

Alan

Fledgling Freddie

Yeah just need to farm your scrolls....... then level your artifacts.... then slog out ML1 through 10

go classic imo :)

Tears said:
Yeah just need to farm your scrolls....... then level your artifacts.... then slog out ML1 through 10

go classic imo :)

true, but at least you don't need to do an arti x5 anymore just to get the artifact ;)

but yeah i guess, if you're first starting off, go Glastonbury, simpler and less time consuming :)

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
Definately Glastonbury, purely for the fact you dont have to spend all your time on ml raids and camping for artifacts

artifacts are no problem, there are daily raids with 8-10 artifacts in a row, on albion

ofcause you have to spend the time to get ml8+ or whatever your class "needs"

the biggest grind, if your solo, is still to level up to 40 without killing yourself from boredom

I havent played classic for a while, but the action on cluster is good :)

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
Hmm?

I think the toa patch was pathetic, I had a character that took me a while to finish and I was proud with the acheievment

Now any guy who power levels his way to 50 can get all his stuff handed to him on a plate

yes, go to classic where you can spend days after days farming dark spire to get your template instead ^^

Thadius

Part of the furniture
MadsKaizer said:
yes, go to classic where you can spend days after days farming dark spire to get your template instead ^^

Hmm, you can go to ds at level 47 if your a pbaoe, level 45 if your a healer or shaman. Thats how I got most of my stuff and I wasnt even level 50

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Thadius said:
He wont play any of the UK servers then, i have my fingers in all of them :sex:

Ewww :p

T-minus 2 monthes and counting till i tell you to stfu about your whining about btw ^^

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
lol yes the US gaming community is like playground full of arguing 7 year olds, who have just learned the words fag and cuntbucket. hmm a lot of people seem to be advising classic here, but a new player is like gold dust these days so i think you need to hear the otherside of the argument. If its the community you are after, i'd say cluster is better. Atleast half of the people on classic are of the french persuation. Now dont get me wrong i have nothing against the French ;p, but for a new player looking for groups and finding that you cant get into half of them because they are French speaking could be frustrating.
As for ToA, IT HONESTLY ISNT THAT BAD. Back when it first came out yes it was a grind. But now its a gentle jog and once its done its done; dont think i've even been in a toa zone this year ;o. You can always rely on the power gamers to be rolling their 105th fotm class, so no worries about ML raids and arti raids.
Good luck.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Achilles said:
lol yes the US gaming community is like playground full of arguing 7 year olds, who have just learned the words fag and cuntbucket.

Hmm, add 10 years to that age and you have the freddyshouse forums ;)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Vladamir said:
Ewww :p

T-minus 2 monthes and counting till i tell you to stfu about your whining about btw ^^

How so? You gonna come and :sex: me? :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
Achilles said:
lol yes the US gaming community is like playground full of arguing 7 year olds, who have just learned the words fag and cuntbucket. hmm a lot of people seem to be advising classic here, but a new player is like gold dust these days so i think you need to hear the otherside of the argument. If its the community you are after, i'd say cluster is better. Atleast half of the people on classic are of the french persuation. Now dont get me wrong i have nothing against the French ;p, but for a new player looking for groups and finding that you cant get into half of them because they are French speaking could be frustrating.
As for ToA, IT HONESTLY ISNT THAT BAD. Back when it first came out yes it was a grind. But now its a gentle jog and once its done its done; dont think i've even been in a toa zone this year ;o. You can always rely on the power gamers to be rolling their 105th fotm class, so no worries about ML raids and arti raids.
Good luck.

hehehehe, cuntbucket hoehehe :)

noblok

Part of the furniture
Thadius said:
Thadius said:
I think the toa patch was pathetic,
Make up your mind ;).

Tommyknocker

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks, I reckon I'll go Glastonbury for now, will maybe change later on. How is this for a character build?

Norseman Hunter

+10 dex +10 qui +10 con
40 bow, 39 stealth, 39 spear, 34 beastcraft.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Tommyknocker said:
After a disastrous experience on the US servers, the community seemingly mentally stunted at the age of twelve, I'm now downloading the European trial. I used to play back in the old, old days but interest gradually faded and I left when I started hearing about the effects of ToA (I had level 37, 35 and others so never experienced it first-hand).

I'm a pretty casual player, probably 25 hours a week maximum, and was wondering what the best server would be to join? I'm liking the larger and less fragmented community of Glastonbury, and much disliking the /level feature on the clusters. But I guess what it really boils down to is RvR, and how long-term and commited the communities actually are.

Thanks in advance,
Tommyknocker
The CHoice is yours but take into consideration

1. On cluster the Chars are i'd say 75% HIGH RR in RVR .. hence u gonan get pwnd a LOT

2. You will have to exp to 50 "Most are already 50 so not many pve groups around"...Farm your Artifacts .... Exp Your Artifacts ... and Then Take Ages trying to get to ML10 "cos so many people are ML10 already not v many raids around .

3. On Classic .. there are High RR people . but there is also a LOADS of Low RR people also. also lots of Low Level people for you to group with "well not loads but a lot more than on cluster"

4. Exp to 50 on classic Get Your Epic and Do a Few DS runs and find a SC and your Ready for RVR.

Im not saying Cluster Sucks... but anybody who says its easier and les time consuming on cluster to be rRVR ready and a tad competitive in IMO a clueless newb.

most of the cluster people here saying cluster is better is ONLY "IMO" saying go cluster to boost there population so more in rvr. we on classic need more people also . but classic >>> TOA when it comes to speed in getting competitiveness

Tommyknocker

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Jpeg, while I didn't know the exact reasons, I had a feeling the cluster servers would be like that, which is why I'm rolling Glastonbury. Can anyone comment on the character build I posted?

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius ...

How can you first recommend they go to a different server so they avoid the "time consuming" ToA, obviously expressing some dislike for it. Then 2 posts later whine that ToA got made too easy, and imply it should be hard again?

Make your mind up please :eek:.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Tommyknocker said:
Thanks Jpeg, while I didn't know the exact reasons, I had a feeling the cluster servers would be like that, which is why I'm rolling Glastonbury. Can anyone comment on the character build I posted?

Sorry mate i dont and never have played a hunter so i cant comment. your best bet to check on hunter spec's is the Mid forums . im sure they can help you... if i was to giv u spec advice. as a potential enemy i'd suggest

50 stealth
50 beastcraft
if thats possible ofc . and dont spend any other points :)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I like classic, dislike the no buffbots but it's ok. What I really hate though is that 70% of the ppl you meet don't wanna speak english. I mean yeah they answer in english when you ask but then it's straight back to french in group chat and you're clueless on what's happening :x

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Ethild said:
Thadius ...

How can you first recommend they go to a different server so they avoid the "time consuming" ToA, obviously expressing some dislike for it. Then 2 posts later whine that ToA got made too easy, and imply it should be hard again?

Make your mind up please :eek:.

Its still a grind to get all your crap on cluster, even after the patches.

Everz

FH is my second home
Thadius said:
Its still a grind to get all your crap on cluster, even after the patches.

Yeh.. /played 4 Days 3 hrs on my cabby to get lvl 1-50/Fully Templated..

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
glastonbury got very old very fast, endless darkspire farming, zergy add fest rvr.
toa really is easy these days and some people actually think the mls add something to the game, sure beats doing DS for the 40th time and can be quite fun. artifacts you can get everything you need in a day, even as a "random" i got my vamp kitted out in about 4 hours, if you do it at lvl 45 they will be lvl 10 when you ding 50, scrolls drop ten a penny now too.

i would go cluster, all the abilities and artifacts add a lot to the game and make things much more challenging and fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom