Cluster login timer

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Any chance of removing this GOA? :p

If it's easy to hotfix then do it as soon as possible to bring it in line with the US servers! Same thing with character creation would be nice as well.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
hadn't the us servers something like 8hours timer between realms on thesame cluster?

I thought so too - I vaguely remember GoA had a shorter time than the US servers which leads me to think its something they could change independantly.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
hadn't the us servers something like 8hours timer between realms on thesame cluster?

they might have done... but theres no w8ing timer/realm restriction any more

Tears said:
I thought so too - I vaguely remember GoA had a shorter time than the US servers which leads me to think its something they could change independantly.

i think you've messed up again... ofc its independent:p
they get patch's before us(not USA), because goa steal there(US(USA)) idea's

this is why we have differant bugs and ,aparantly, more lag

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic have recently enabled their players to roll different realms on the same cluster, and have also removed the timer.

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
they might have done... but theres no w8ing timer/realm restriction any more

no realm restriction, so if i got mid+hib i can create alb if they bring same rules up here on english cluster?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
If the Yanks keep whining about cross realming (check VNboard) we will never get this.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
ohh... if they remove that, it will be x-realm/farm own toons heaven... yeah.. I stay on Glaston, thats for sure..

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Aeris said:
Mythic have recently enabled their players to roll different realms on the same cluster, and have also removed the timer.

first change = good idea, about time. Should have been in with cluster (all that restriction does is penalise new players)

Second change = crap... it's bad enough if people give up and go pve/log off when they die lots ... if they then immediately login their alts on the other side it's even worse. 1 hour timer is a good thing.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Rhana said:
ohh... if they remove that, it will be x-realm/farm own toons heaven... yeah.. I stay on Glaston, thats for sure..

sigh, and u dont think they would have done so already? u know, 2 accounts dont share the same timer........ :touch:

theres nothing thats relevant thats holding GOA from doing the same. absolutly nothing.

theres nothing thats gonna be diffrent without the timer then with it. ppl that want to x-realm/farm their own toon will do so now just as much as if there wasent a timer... all it takes is a second account, and thats probably like 98% of the server pop that have 2+ accounts (NOT saying all of those ppl cheat or will cheat here).....

and u dont even need 2 accounts to x-realm. can just as well use IRC/Voice programs/MSN/ICQ/whatever.

all i'm saying is that ppl that want to cheat WILL cheat! timer or no timer. its not making things harder for them, but REALLY aggrivating for those of us thats stuck on 2 realms. and even worse for the few ppl thats stuck on ONE realm... having those rules in US might have been a good idea as they have more servers.

but here in EU where theres only 2 english servers its just killing part of the fun for ppl.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
sigh, and u dont think they would have done so already? u know, 2 accounts dont share the same timer........ :touch:

theres nothing thats relevant thats holding GOA from doing the same. absolutly nothing.

theres nothing thats gonna be diffrent without the timer then with it. ppl that want to x-realm/farm their own toon will do so now just as much as if there wasent a timer... all it takes is a second account, and thats probably like 98% of the server pop that have 2+ accounts (NOT saying all of those ppl cheat or will cheat here).....

and u dont even need 2 accounts to x-realm. can just as well use IRC/Voice programs/MSN/ICQ/whatever.

all i'm saying is that ppl that want to cheat WILL cheat! timer or no timer. its not making things harder for them, but REALLY aggrivating for those of us thats stuck on 2 realms. and even worse for the few ppl thats stuck on ONE realm... having those rules in US might have been a good idea as they have more servers.

but here in EU where theres only 2 english servers its just killing part of the fun for ppl.

ofcoz I know this.. After all, I have a BB acc. my self (not that I ever use it mutch as I dont have a second comp that works properly, sigh) and jupp, know of the voice-com versions of x-realming.

Sorry if I was unclear but what I did ment to have said is why does it easier, its bad enough as it is.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
The 1 hour restriction should stay. Other than that, it's fair to allow people to make alts on all realms, specially now with just one english speaking toa server.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Rhana said:
Sorry if I was unclear but what I did ment to have said is why does it easier, its bad enough as it is.

because they are not making it harder for them by having the timer. a "dedicated" cheater will most likly have 2 accounts in the first place, if nothing else then to have a backup when one acc gets banned...

so having a timer isnt gonna stop them from farming their own toons anyway.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Gear said:
The 1 hour restriction should stay. Other than that, it's fair to allow people to make alts on all realms, specially now with just one english speaking toa server.

THAT i could live with. i dont really care about the timer, well in a way i do as i only have 1 account. but if things stood between having a timer and be able to roll on all realms and not having a timer and getting stuck with only 1 or 2 realms i'd def vote for the timer to stay....

GReaper

Part of the furniture
DAoC is a game of 3 realms, if you're restricted to a single realm then you're only playing a third of the game.

I'd say the majority of European players are mature enough to play with the timer removed. If anyone does login on their alts to send abuse then just rightnow them and get them removed. Don't punish the rule abiding majority who want to play more than one realm.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
doubt they will hotfix this so we get it before 1.85. But even with the VN whine im guessing in 1.85 we will be able to play all 3 realms without timers between. Its crap only getting acces to 2/3 of the game, and for some 1/3.
Cant wait to play stun nuker :p

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
its 1 hour wait time on usa just so you know not 8 hours what ever bullshit that came from

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
i agree, that the choice to roll a different realm on each server on same cluster should be implemented, but please dont remove the 1 hour timer. or what we will have is camlann style abuse. i mean ive been tempted to buy a new account to roll alb just to call a certain french sorc a wanker :p

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
MaditioN said:
no realm restriction, so if i got mid+hib i can create alb if they bring same rules up here on english cluster?

i dont think thats how it works... cos the cluster is onlt 2 servers, so you would have to get a 2nd acc to play 'alb'

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I'm never gonna play Albion/Hibernia anyway if given the choice. I rolled Midgard on both Excal, Pryd, Dartmoor, Glaston, hell even Camlann. I remember when there were more patriots sticking to 1 realm, don't know what ever happened to that. Now it seems many are willing to betray their realm, or aren't even sure where they belong.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Dr_Evil said:
I'm never gonna play Albion/Hibernia anyway if given the choice. I rolled Midgard on both Excal, Pryd, Dartmoor, Glaston, hell even Camlann. I remember when there were more patriots sticking to 1 realm, don't know what ever happened to that. Now it seems many are willing to betray their realm, or aren't even sure where they belong.

Or people want to try new classes/realm I mean if you only play 1 realm you miss out on 2/3 of the game.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
All three realms I think should be available, it is nice to have alternatives, but you cant have all 3 as theres only 2 servers, and changing it so you can go all 3 would be an insane amount of work.

As for x-realming, its not about who farms their own toons, its about people instantly switching realms to abuse other players (seen that a lot), or because they want to be on the current winning team, which is sad, and anyone who plays CS, BF2, Diablo or any mutliplayer game will agree that switching teams because yours is loosing is pure lame.

The 1 hour timer is fine, once you join a realm loyalty to it goes a long way, if not we'd all join hib, roll chanters and pwn all with stun ml9 nuke nuke, only problem being there wouldnt be anyone to play against.

FYI originally the US had an 8 hour timer, later changed to 1 hour, go read VN for the results of removing it, if anything is killing RvR, this is another nail in the coffin.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
As if anyone cares about realm and server belonging now after Cluster anyways.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think there will be much "joining the winning team" kind of thing as I (and probably quite alot of other people) rather have 5+ groups to fight then having to "share" 1fg of enemies with 5fg's yourself.
Rather play in an underpopulated realm than the realm with the most people on.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Dr_Evil said:

No offense but that's a bit... sad :(

The only reason I don't ever play my mids on pryd is cause I can't be arse to XP or arrange for PL, look for crafters, blah blah blah.

I do however realise that this is a game, no reason to be patriotic for the "land of our antsestors (sp? way to late to write properly :p) There are certain classes I'd like to try out in proper conditions (aka no freeshardshite) however there's no way I'd buy - trade - temporary swap an account to do that.

Likewise I acknowledge that there are some people that might want to get into XP-ing again or arranging for PL blah blah blah, so why shouldn't have a chance to roll on every realm?

Last but not least, I do understand your point. Pre-cluster, maybe there was some meaning into it. At the moment, when you actually group with the people that you'll smack their heads off the next day, there is no meaning left at all.

At the end of the day, this is turning way too much into an fps instead of an rpg game. Even have a look at the recent resist change. Way too easier to focus now on bang bang than actually take some time to think about it. It's easy to get artifacts, money, mls, etc with just being a jackass who needs no help at all anyway as almost everything is soloable (with the right combination of toons to which every decent pvp-er has access to).

I could rant more but I have to wake up in 4 hours :p

P.S. Is anyone aware of any study regarding social relations in MMORPGs? If so, please pl me a link, or references.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
for me, i play this game for pve(2 much op in rvr) i like playing alb, and rolling another realm would meen learning new class's/map's... also i would meen starting from scratch, whats the point? the games on its last legs anyway...

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
You can just get round the relog timer anyway. Not that I ever would....play on classic don't I :)
It's a silly idea regardless. If people aren't mature enough to bite their tongue then they deserve a few days' bannage for swapping realms and slagging their killer off.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
All three realms I think should be available, it is nice to have alternatives, but you cant have all 3 as theres only 2 servers, and changing it so you can go all 3 would be an insane amount of work.
<snip>

I don't know... if they just take the co-op and PvP login system, and adapt it to the regular server... you'd have access to all three realms. Don't know if that's that much work to be honest.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
My problem is that i have one acc with a host of hibs excal and mids pryd, now the second acc i got pissed off with my bard and deleted it to try some alb toons, then got bored but now im stuck with either a buffless toon on mid or hib. i wanna play both realms but i cant support the main acc because of the server imposed realm limitations.

So this change cant come quick enough. Infact i think its a step too late as are most of the decisions mythic makes.

So ill be able to pl myself a bb to compete on my second realm just as they turn the lights out in preperation for WAR...top stuff:/

EDIT: oh can somone point me in the direction of Mids self buffed class? ignoring the primary buff classes, alb gets crush tics, hibs got vamps, mids got errr? (oh arse remembered thanes...but they dont get bases, so mid gets the shaft again)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom