Question Clumsy

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Hi there!

Been 3 years since the last time I was in front of the DAOC hub and my gosh! I feel so rusty and clumsy.

After playing WoW, WAR and DoTA/HoN I got used to move with WASD controls and totally forgot how to play DAOC with forward/backwards on mouse buttons, and pan camera on tilde. Also, totally feel lost when setting up the qbars and qbinds of my recently made solo skald (50 bs 39 hammer rest parry).

So, any1 can suggest me ways to set the keyboard? Does ppl still playing DAOC with mouse controls?
Whats an efficient qbar setup? Currently mine looks like:
1 Snare shout
2 DD
3 DD
4 Conquer
5 Crumble
6 Flank style
7 Followup flank style (with ministun)
8 End song
9 dps+celerity song
10 ablative song (rotation 8-9-10)

With rest of the songs on qbar 2 (which I use the point and click method to use it, same as qbar 3) and SoS, IP, Purge and Mezz shout quickbinded. Am I missing important songs? I usually get to use resist songs when rooted / snared / diseased + nuked (not so many times) and HoT song + First Aid when resting after an unpurged mezz, or a CL disease when i get the chance
And qbar 3 for fluff (some item uses, pots, etc…) and MLs (which some ar qbind on F keys)

Any advice, including specs / ras (currently 4L2), solo skald tips etc would be most welcomed 

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I use WASD for movement and Q for mouselook toggle, E nearest enemy and tab+r+g+c+v for my important qbinds my 6 songs on my skald are all on my f3-f8 keys and qbond to macro, f1 is 1h wep f2 is 2h wep

for 4/2 skald i would go

Purge 4
mofocus 2
lw1
sos1

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I had the same problem - felt like a 1 yr old trying to play with one of these:

eva01w1202.jpg

I got bored quickly, but could not help feel worthless, after playing for so many years with *almost* no mouse.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I use WASD for movement and Q for mouselook toggle, E nearest enemy and tab+r+g+c+v for my important qbinds my 6 songs on my skald are all on my f3-f8 keys and qbond to macro, f1 is 1h wep f2 is 2h wep

for 4/2 skald i would go

Purge 4
mofocus 2
lw1
sos1

hhmmmm looks like my old WAR setup. I like it.

Also, MoF2 over WP1? Being 50bs i thought i wouldnt need MoF. Currently Im RA specced:

Purge2 (for roots and mezzs)
SoS1
IP2
LW1
WP1
MoP1

tho i keep reading purge4/5 for solo skald as
"must get this RA asap"... why so?

And last but no least: would a body legendary weapon work in a maxed spell pierce/dmg/range/etc... template? (hi insta50 freeshards with free maxed equipment :p )

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Can get spirit, heat, cold and matter legendaries.. Can't get body

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
hhmmmm looks like my old WAR setup. I like it.

Also, MoF2 over WP1? Being 50bs i thought i wouldnt need MoF. Currently Im RA specced:

Purge2 (for roots and mezzs)
SoS1
IP2
LW1
WP1
MoP1

tho i keep reading purge4/5 for solo skald as
"must get this RA asap"... why so?

And last but no least: would a body legendary weapon work in a maxed spell pierce/dmg/range/etc... template? (hi insta50 freeshards with free maxed equipment :p )

It's the spell level itself that affects resists, not BS level. Since one of your DDs, mezz and snare are all <44 it means MoF1 or 2 is generally a good idea

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
It's the spell level itself that affects resists, not BS level. Since one of your DDs, mezz and snare are all <44 it means MoF1 or 2 is generally a good idea

MoF1 + WP1?

How about my doubts on Purge? Is it justified to go Purge4 over IP for solo?

Himse

FH is my second home
You'll need purge more times than IP.

You're bound to get stunned & zerged down so imo IP isn't worth it until you're much higher rr.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Purge will save your ass much more than IP will on a skald. If you get snared, rooted, mezzed, stunned, dotted, diseased or debuffed IP won't help you when you get to 10%. Heal procs, HoT song and pots will do a much better job than IP ever will and purge is a life saver almost everytime you use it

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Purge is always better than IP you will find yourself wishing you werent cc'd so you could use IP which is dumb :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom