Help Clothes with a bit of a difference

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Folks,

I remember a while back checking out a link someone here had in their sig or had posted up in reference to something else, it was a sort of online artist community (deviantART: where ART meets application!) - they had some funky t-shirts on it and I stuck it in my favourites for a time when I could actually enjoy buying clothes again....well that time has come and I have been looking at the site but not keen on paying the shipping charges from the US.

Is anyone aware of any where UK based that does a similar thing or just some where you can generally pick up stuff thats a bit different? Just something that a bit of creativity has gone in to is all I ask!

Cheers in advance
R

Himse

FH is my second home
It depends what you like?!

I could like you to a few streetwear sites, but no idea on your age or what you generally like to wear! There's lots of stuff thats a bit different, you won't walk outside and every bastard is wearing it like Hollister, Topman or Ralph Lauren!

Himse

FH is my second home
It depends what you like?!

I could like you to a few streetwear sites, but no idea on your age or what you generally like to wear! There's lots of stuff thats a bit different, you won't walk outside and every bastard is wearing it like Hollister, Topman or Ralph Lauren!

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry yeah may have been a bit vague :)

mid 20's, pretty much down the middle fashion wise, nothing too extreme just don't wanna be wearing the stuff that everyone else is wearing (ie the stuff you mentioned). Not into goth / emo / preppy or anything like that. Link away whatever you've got, looking is half the fun! I had been looking at some of the stuff on this site (https://giftedheroes.com/store/index.php/collections/shirts/mankind-tee.html) - generally small numbers of particular tops made and a bit of work has gone into them (they actually dont have any of the stuff i wanted any more :()

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Sorry yeah may have been a bit vague :)

mid 20's, pretty much down the middle fashion wise, nothing too extreme just don't wanna be wearing the stuff that everyone else is wearing (ie the stuff you mentioned). Not into goth / emo / preppy or anything like that. Link away whatever you've got, looking is half the fun! I had been looking at some of the stuff on this site (https://giftedheroes.com/store/index.php/collections/shirts/mankind-tee.html) - generally small numbers of particular tops made and a bit of work has gone into them (they actually dont have any of the stuff i wanted any more :()

Threadless graphic t-shirt designs: cool & funny t-shirts weekly! Tees designed by the community.

you don't mean that do you?
They're crap now anyway :s

eksdee

FH is my second home
Could try Section 6. I've considered putting some of my designs up on there but they take a pretty huge cut of the profits, so it's barely worth it for me as an artist.

I would encourage you to take the time and effort to seek out designers, illustrators, artists etc you like and try to buy their work yourself. Loads of people make shirts, so it shouldn't be hard to find stuff you like with a bit of research. It's beneficial for both parties as you get to discover stuff you find inspiring/aesthetically pleasing in a general sense as well as supporting people's hard work. Sites like Threadless, Section 6 and the like just take advantage of the hard work of others.

You can also try independent art shops like this one (which sells my work, so I'm biased ;)) which is great - LMNOP Shop :: - self published - limited edition - artist books - cards - prints - zines - nice things -

eksdee

FH is my second home
Could try Section 6. I've considered putting some of my designs up on there but they take a pretty huge cut of the profits, so it's barely worth it for me as an artist.

I would encourage you to take the time and effort to seek out designers, illustrators, artists etc you like and try to buy their work yourself. Loads of people make shirts, so it shouldn't be hard to find stuff you like with a bit of research. It's beneficial for both parties as you get to discover stuff you find inspiring/aesthetically pleasing in a general sense as well as supporting people's hard work. Sites like Threadless, Section 6 and the like just take advantage of the hard work of others.

You can also try independent art shops like this one (which sells my work, so I'm biased ;)) which is great - LMNOP Shop :: - self published - limited edition - artist books - cards - prints - zines - nice things -

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
what you could do is find artists you like and track their work. More often than not youll have artists working for alot of brands

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom