Closed beta and CE

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I made a post here on FH about this which has been reposted into that WHA thread somewhere.

me said:
I don't know yet what the situation for the EU will be regarding this. To be honest this announcement was a surprise to us as well and so we'll need to talk to Mythic, our other partners and our various internal teams to see what is possible under the circumstances. The timetable we were working to appears to have changed dramatically so we'll need to re-evaluate a lot of things and look at where our resources are at the moment. It's Mythic's prerogative to change things - in fact there have been many changes prior to this that we've worked through together - we just need to see if it's possible to adapt our plans to bring things back into line again. As always our intention will be to try and give the same opportunities to European fans as Mythic give to NA fans but we need to see if it is possible to shuffle our timetable to match given the fact that everything is pretty much committed at the moment to gearing up for launch.

I expect we'll be able to announce what we will be doing for the European fans within the next few days.

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
I was just about to post this here:)

Thanks Iain, im really starting to like u guys at GOA, all u can do is try, and it is nice to keep hearing from you all, at both mythic and GOA.

Keep up the good work, and if you cant get us in to CB, well at least your trying.

Tavm.

JohnnyBoy555

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for keeping us up to speed on this.

I got really excited when I read Marks post on the Vault. Then got all let down when he said he was talking about America only.

If Mythic have done this without consulting GOA, or considering how they would be able to cope with the European side.
Then there has been a serious letdown in the comunication process somewhere along the line.

Helehuianu

Fledgling Freddie
Have read a lot of post the last week about the worries about GOA and the EU part of WAR (I tend to avoid reading too much about games I anticipate until its close to launch)
Now it seems that its not GOA but Mythic that was the problem. IainC is a regular poster on a lot of forums and answer questions professionally, thank you. I have yet to find a post from Mythic addressing the EU questions specifically.
(Correct me if I'm wrong here)

I was under the impression that FreddysHouse is one of the few EU dedicated forums, is this correct?
I understand that I can not demand anything, and I understand that the time before launch is stressed.
I pre ordered the CE for the extra material in the box (and to a lesser extent the in game items) The OB/early access is just gravy. (yes I am an WHFRPG collector from way back) so I am not bitching about plx gief OB noaw! Well, now I'm just rambling.
Bottom Line, is mythic the real "problem" for us EU customers?

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
Mark's also commented on the EU/US thing over at the WHA thread, here's what he wrote:

I’ve made a slight change to my announcement so it’s clear that I’m talking about North America (for the time being). We are working with GOA and will have an announcement to make regarding the European beta and OB in the coming days. As somebody has already noted, the US and the EU betas were already a little different. I *hope* that our European CE customers will get all the same additional benefits that our North American CE customers get.

Am trying to keep track of it all at the blog (link in sig), but I'll let this speak for itself.

Helehuianu

Fledgling Freddie
Mark's also commented on the EU/US thing over at the WHA thread, here's what he wrote:

I’ve made a slight change to my announcement so it’s clear that I’m talking about North America (for the time being). We are working with GOA and will have an announcement to make regarding the European beta and OB in the coming days. As somebody has already noted, the US and the EU betas were already a little different. I *hope* that our European CE customers will get all the same additional benefits that our North American CE customers get.

Am trying to keep track of it all at the blog (link in sig), but I'll let this speak for itself.

Thanks, I read about the blog somewere, and forgot to visit it (sorry) Looks good :) Just what I wanted.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
The timetable we were working to appears to have changed dramatically

EA :wanker:

Why does he hope we get all the bonuses thought,is it not totally up to him not GOA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom