Cleric's eye view of large scale combat

O

old.Ramas

This isn't intended as a critism of anybody on the raid in the sshot below. Everyone on that raid acted entirely properly and politely.

But the planets just so happened to align in such a way to give a screenshot which entirely sums up the Cleric experience in multi-group rvr or pve.....

heal-me.jpg

As you can imagine, clicking on Johan at this point is not all that straightforward.

I hope people who are less patient than Johan will bear this in mind someday. :)

------

Apologies to Johan, no-one acted at all improperly in this instance, and no clerics were annoyed in the making of this screenshot.

A

Apathy

Get someone in his group to target him then type /assist whoever.

a.

F

froler-mid

or just turn ON names. might be easier ;D

:m00:

T

Tilda

please note the funneh comment about red guard :p

K

Khalen

As I see it every group has it's own healers. Those healers have the job to take care of their own group first. When I play my cleric I click a lot on others to see if anyone needs a heal (if my group does fine). When there is 1 man down I do my best to be the one who resses him/her. And one thing healers also can do is running around and try to get someone in view... You're not a rock who has to stand still when others are in combat :)

And then there is the thing of screamers (I like to call em that way) who scream they get hit (and have like 2 clerics in group) because they think they gonna die ;)

O

old.LandShark

Why the guy with aggro doesn't just jump continuously as he gets it, I'll never understand. No-one ever does it....
Alternative is of course just to have a bleedin' cleric in every group ;)

As far as multi-group (let's be honest and call it zerg :p) RvR goes, why are you worried about healing people outside your own easily-targetted/spreadhealed group? No-one's going to fault you if you fail to save some other guild's theurg from a rampaging kobold savage, although tbh plenty of times I've been ungrouped and received heals when near to death. But when that happens I'm grateful, rather than being resentful when it DOESN'T happen ;)

P

- Pathfinder -

Congratulations Excalibur for playing a year and still not having realised you can actually put everyone but the tank behind the mob :m00:

P.S. if aggro does shift, it's not an exceptionally hard feat for that person to move to the previous aggro holder's spot so that the rest keep facing the mob's back; try it sometime :p

A

acei

Should try and have a cleric in each group to prevent something like that happening as it's a major pain trying to target someone outside group quickly...

Interesting interface layout by the way :)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
Congratulations Excalibur for playing a year and still not having realised you can actually put everyone but the tank behind the mob :m00:

P.S. if aggro does shift, it's not an exceptionally hard feat for that person to move to the previous aggro holder's spot so that the rest keep facing the mob's back; try it sometime :p

Notice that about a third of them ARE. Or maybe it's two thirds, I can't actually see which way the mob is facing.
But, yeah, god knows why pryd seem to do so much better in PvE raids...

P

- Pathfinder -

Hint; the mob tends to be turned towards the aggro holder :p And yes, even when the mob doesn't have an obvious "front", you can easily get behind it - I'd tell you how but you don't appear too interested ;) It does not involve surrounding the poor thing, however ;)

O

old.LandShark

I meant in the screenshot. As in, 2/3rds are to one side and the other 1/3 are opposite the mob, so either 2/3rds are idiots or 1/3rd only. :p
I can obviously tell which way a mob is facing, but not with names off and from a screenie of a fight which I've never done anything except powerbot throughout :p

P

- Pathfinder -

Due to the skillfull manouvering of the Alb groups, I can barely see the mob, so I'd agree that having moved into that position, it could prove tricky :p

K

Khalen

Yeah just zerg the mob, not like we loose xp at 50 when you die in pve... it's not like OMG I lost 2 bubs or something...

And Blaen maybe prydwen albs are a bit more listening (and less divided in so many guilds). I would love to see those people from alb prydwen try to play with people from alb excalibur ;)

T

Tigerius

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -

Congratulations Prydwen for finally killing the Dragon and then failing to pick up the loot :clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.Ramas

HEAL FFS!!!1

REZZZ!

Thanks for the tip.

One good turn deserves another.....

USE STYLES!!!!

CAST SPELLS!!!!

USE YOUR CLASS SPECIFIC ABILITIES TO DEFEAT THE ENEMY!!!!

;)

At one point I actually had these yells macro'd.

Back then I always used to look forward to people randomly shouting HEAL!!!

Too many of them never really saw the funny side unfortunately.

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by Tigerius
Congratulations Prydwen for finally killing the Dragon and then failing to pick up the loot :clap: :clap: :clap:

Our darkest secwet :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread