Cleric TL Report 1.62

K

Kagato.

For those that are interested:

Cleric TL Report 1.62

This caught my eye:

Bunker of Faith - Bunker of Faith (BoF) is considered to be one of the best realm abilities in the game. Costing a bargain 10 realm skill points, it is very useful in reducing the amount of damage taken by melee damage down to rediculously small levels, sometimes even fully negating damage when used with a minstrels damage absorb chant. In the interest of balance it is my recommendation that all forms of damage reduction, including BoF, Brilliant Aura of Deflection, Avoid Pain, and Empty Mind, be capped at 75% total reduction, and that BoF overwite minstrels’ ablative aura as well as ablataive aura procs from armors.

Party pooper :(

BoF > Melee

P

parlain

Cleric TL Report 1.62

Bunker of Faith - Bunker of Faith (BoF) is considered to be one of the best realm abilities in the game. Costing a bargain 10 realm skill points, it is very useful in reducing the amount of damage taken by melee damage down to rediculously small levels, sometimes even fully negating damage when used with a minstrels damage absorb chant. In the interest of balance it is my recommendation that all forms of damage reduction, including BoF, Brilliant Aura of Deflection, Avoid Pain, and Empty Mind, be capped at 75% total reduction, and that BoF overwite minstrels’ ablative aura as well as ablataive aura procs from armors.

Agree all round tbh... :)

I

infernalwrath

CRAP CRAP CRAP... ffs givf secondary attribute dex and tertiary cons and larger mana pool and leave teh rest as they are -_-
WHAT is the danm use of str as a tertiary attribute in a cleric ??????? higher ws ? (LOL)

A

alithiel50

This one gives some cause for concern....

- BoF does not work on friars using self absorb buff.

Seems Friars have a lot of issues with regards group based armour/abs enhancing spells... not just the Paladin AF chant they always whine about... :rolleyes:

R

rure_

He is calling for RANGED buffed. Finally we maybe can end the bbot madness :D

H

hercules-df

poor poor clerics. why do they keep fucking them in the ass?
in 6 months time there will be ZERO active clerics in rvr, give em back smite i say, the 2 bible basher classes in alb are no more than poxy bots these days, buffs and endurance/slam bots.

H

hercules-df

still no pally TL report. I bet hes quit

I

infernalwrath

Originally posted by hercules-df
poor poor clerics. why do they keep fucking them in the ass?
in 6 months time there will be ZERO active clerics in rvr, give em back smite i say, the 2 bible basher classes in alb are no more than poxy bots these days, buffs and endurance/slam bots.
cleric is not for smiting imo and i am making a cleric that will be my main in rvr :)

V

Voedockx

lol there is one from new pally TL check vn boards

K

kirennia

Smite left in the dust, and if they nerf BoF then really, what has a cleric got over any of the other healer classes in other realms. It's just a crap imitation...

S

smerf

One of the great advantages of being a cleric, we always get TLs who want to nerf us....

Though tbh id accept a BoF nerf if they nerfed the likes of BAoD, and the insane deduff nuke dammage

I

infernalwrath

Originally posted by kirennia
Smite left in the dust, and if they nerf BoF then really, what has a cleric got over any of the other healer classes in other realms. It's just a crap imitation...
then u dont put bof and u put eariler rp and then moc :) and cleric is a HEALER not a damage dealer :/ imo
btw i am bored and i love clerics thats why i speak so much in this post

S

smerf

Originally posted by infernalwrath
[and cleric is a HEALER not a damage dealer :/ imo
post [/B]

Is like saying mid healers are healers not CC. Except atm mid healers have good CC and clerics have poor dammage :(

A

adari

you shouldnt compare em tbh, if all classes were the same it wouldnt be fun ;xx

A

acei

BoF is a clerics ONLY advantage over healer/druid.... druid and healer BOTH get better crowd control than a cleric, healer even gets power regen buff and instant-AoE-stun and now the TL wants to nerf our one and only advantage?

/slap to cleric TL.

D

Draylor

The cleric TL report is one of the very few examples left of a TL doing his job properly. Far too many of them whine about insignificant points, with their only aim being to have their class be the most overpowered.

His suggesting about BoF is spot on. Hard to disagree with that when at the same time most of us would like to see BAoD fixed in this way.

O

old.Ramas

I can understand the point being made, and done in conjunction with the other items in the report, it would make sense.

However, that isn't what will happen.

As for the zerker report - it reminds me of the old chanter reports - lots of fun.

I

infernalwrath

Originally posted by smerf
Is like saying mid healers are healers not CC. Except atm mid healers have good CC and clerics have poor dammage :(
tell me what is the point of doing a cleric when u want to do damage.... imo roll a theu or a wizy ... the spec points of a cleric is too few to get good damage u need to sacrifise ench and rejuv and then u are not a healer as a cleric suposed to be

H

hercules-df

only found the one for 1.57
but :

"3. A form of Transformation ability that would increase our damage output by a percentage or increase the base Melee Stat’s (STR,CON,DEX,QUI) for a short period of time (30 Sec or less) and be on a 10 to 15 min timer. A popular choice of Transformation is an “Arch-Angel”.

This would be Very nice indeed. also dunno bout arch angel, id rather be like that priest in the film BRAINDEAD "I KICK ARSE FOR THE LORD"

K

kirennia

the fact of the matter is, druids can heal and have pbt...healers can heal and have best CC in game. Clerics can heal.....to me, clerics need somethingelse to make them a viable choice, not because they must do damage or something but because every class needs something the enemy counterpart cannot do. For example let the cleric have better defence or a speccable weapon. Just SOMETHING to make them have something different compared to druid/healer

V

Vorcyn

Decent report, nothing drastic, just how they all should be.

S

smerf

Originally posted by infernalwrath
tell me what is the point of doing a cleric when u want to do damage.... imo roll a theu or a wizy ... the spec points of a cleric is too few to get good damage u need to sacrifise ench and rejuv and then u are not a healer as a cleric suposed to be

Wizzies cant heal, Wizzies cant rez.

Clerics are supposed to do dammage, thats why we have a 1.0x spell line dedicated to dammage. Unfortunately its rubbish, clerics dont get an increase in dammage based on pie (nor do acc buffs work) and we cant crit.

Why should I just be a healer, I want to be able to offer more to the group, sure buffs add somthing but thats dull, I want a more active way to help (in additition to healing/stunning). Basically a middling spec in smite (25-35) should be more worthwhile.

O

old.Sanar

Originally posted by kirennia
the fact of the matter is, druids can heal and have pbt...healers can heal and have best CC in game.

Wish my Druid could run PBT, somehow I can't seem to find it... :rolleyes:

Druid class defining abilitity is the pet which needs speccing to nature and some sort of weak cc, like single target root.

A

acei

Originally posted by old.Sanar
Wish my Druid could run PBT, somehow I can't seem to find it... :rolleyes:

Druid class defining abilitity is the pet which needs speccing to nature and some sort of weak cc, like single target root.
I think kirennia was referring to Wardens...

Druids CC in nature spec = AE-Root, single target insta-root, AE-insta-root.... in our smite spec line our only CC is insta-PBAOE mezz, this is not effective in any way except in solo situations and even in these situations it is unreliable.

O

old.Ramas

As above the druid has no pbt - instead it has grey pets and crap dots.

What annoys me is that someone appears to have ecided that the preist classes should each only have 2.5 spec lines.....

Cleric:

Good heals
Good buffs
Pointless smite

Druid

Good heals
Good buffs
Pointless pets/dots

Healer:

Good heals
Best CC in the game
Average buffs

All 3 preist classes should have 3 decent spec lines (and so, incidentally, should wizards, theurgists, Ments, & Animists)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Ocond
:( nerf nerf nerf... :(

fucking whiner, djees.

chain-dudes get 2%less absorb that way, plate-wearers get nerfed some more if that change goes in. And since we're not hitting on the plate-wearers usually this wont be a problem.

/salute Cleric TL for having something else then class uberness in his sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom