Cleric +skill items

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
I was told last night that +skill items for a cleric make absolutely no difference at all. I found this completely unbelievable but after adding +5 enhance to my bg1 buffbot I found that the buffs still had exactly the same effect. [edit: this wasn't capped - it took my BB from 20 enhance to 20+5 enhance]

Surely this isn't correct??? Surely I did something wrong??? What's the point of any of the +rejuv or +enhance items that you get in quests/epics????

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
edit. I am not replying to someone with a bg1 bbot. for the love of god pp suck the fun out of everything.

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
edit. I am not replying to someone with a bg1 bbot. for the love of god pp suck the fun out of everything.

Try playing a scout without one and you can't even kill yellows unless they already poorly.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
If I remember correctly, +rejuv items reduce the variance of baseline heals, while +enhance items boost the effectiveness of baseline buffs (although it could be spec buffs - not sure.)

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
oki, i'll reply cos knowledge is always good :p

+ enhance does no effect on spec buffs (s/c, d/q)
but it might make an influence on base buffs (str, con, dex)

i explain it on example:
immagine that u have lvl24 cleric with 20 enh which is enuf to get best spec buffs on a current lvl. Then u buff lvl20 base str buff, lvl19 base dex buff and lvl24 base con buff. Str and dex will be maximized cos ur current enh lvl (20) is greater or equal to a base buff lvl (20 and 19 correspongly). But con buff value will be slightly lower then maximum base con buff is lvl24. Thus u need +4 enh for ur lvl24 cleric with 20 enh. :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
+enhance is no use to a buffbot
+rejuv is no use to a (high) rejuv cleric

+smite rocks! (i've no idea if it affects my damage but I'm hording everything with +smite on it anyway)

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
I bet you use +smite hammers on your merc even ><

swords

Can't get enough of FH
aye +rejuve is nice to get it capped at 50 so thsoe small bases do decent enough heals over time.

Im going to get my own buff stick now for the ninja swapage :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom