Cleric RAs

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
I am a little uncertain what RAs to spec on my Cleric (almost RR5), and am looking for a little help.

The problem is I am not sure whether to go for Purge 1 and MoC 3 first, then passives, or whether to go for more Purge, MCL and passives.

Opinions please?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
At RR5 I'll go on mine 44 Enhance/31 Rejv Cleric:

Purge 2 = 15 Points <- don't want to stand still when stunned for long duration,
MoC1 = 5 Points <- to buffshear while other Cleric is healing & own instas up,
PR1 = 5 Points <- fast rezz with no sickness,
MCL1 = 5 Points <- to keep power up even better,
AugDex3 = 10 points <- to help with casting speed.

From there I'll work on some passives/MoC3 and maybe DI.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Actually that would be 5L4 as I always get LW2 on all chars quite fast for perma sprint with end regen 3 potion.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for that. I like some of those ideas, but am not sure I'd be comfortable spreading my points so thinly. The real issue of course ATM, is that I haven't that many points to spread. Oh well ;)

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
atm i have pr2, purge1, aug dex2. Im 50 rejuv rest enhance, saving up for purge2 now.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
DI 2
MCL 2
PR 1
Purge 1

Build up aug dex again after.

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Atleast get PR1 & purge1.

I personally would get aug dex (2 or 3) and spend the rest on mcl/di 1 or 2

Dont go moc, save it for higher rrs... moc1 seems nice on paper, but not being able to heal for 30seconds (cant cancel) is a no-no being a primarily healer.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Frozensolid said:
Dont go moc, save it for higher rrs... moc1 seems nice on paper, but not being able to heal for 30seconds (cant cancel) is a no-no being a primarily healer.

Agree, but there are certain situations for when for example the Tic fires RR5 and someone Warguard where the group will take very little damage, especially when the enemy group is mostly without buffs. So I think it's only 5 points and MoC1 has to be used carefully.

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
Cleric RAs depends on what set-up u run in imo + playstyle and there is no "THE RA Spec" to have and all my suggestions are best on my expirence.

I would go for:

Dex 3 = 10 points
DI2 = 15 points
Perfect Rezz1 = 5
Purge1 = 5

Then for last 5 points
MCL1 / Mastery of healing 2 + LW1 / RP1

MoC1 is very dangerous if your only cleric in grp since for 30sec you would heal like a caster with CL heals :p

Cant remember RAs on my 10L1 cleric but MoC2 + Mastery of healing4 is very very nice. You have same output heals as a MoC3 but while your not using moc your heals would rox.

TBH if you need MCL2 + RP1 in a fight you are either chain ressing/poor template/not using pots often enough/over healing like mad.

Just my thoughts...

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
@ tuthmes - unfortunately no :(

my own rr5ish cleric has gone for exactly what beltorak said, much more rounded and the best value imo, having had moc 3 before on another cleric i liked it but it was a hell of a lot of points and something i didnt always use, i like the idea of moc2 + moh4 though, if i keep playing my own long enough i might try that :)

my worry about having moc3 on a rr5 cleric is youre not leaving yourself enough to up your cast speed and pow regen or di, and if you find you dont have to use it then youre half way through a fight with low pow and thinking you couldve spent those points on mcl.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
If I spec MoC 3 what percentage of my normals heals will I cast?

Also thoughts on Wild Healing over Mastery of Healing? Which would you go for and why?

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Even tho my cleric is long retired, I thought I'd offer my advice anyways

:fluffle: @ John ;)

Regarding the whole MoC idea, I dont think its worth it - Before your higher RR. At RR5 I'd prolly get : PR1, Purge1, MCL2, DI1, Dex3.

Atm my current RA spec is something like : MoC3, PR1, Purge1, Dex2, DI2, MCL2, MoF2, WH1 and LW1 I think. Was saving up for something but I cant quite remember. This spec is however based on my cleric partner in a set group who had BoF3 and was 43 reju spec. For zerging, Purge2 is needed on cleric, for 8v8s Purge1 will usually do as the demezzer should have high Purge and preferably be demezzing you.

And no, you cant cancel MoC1 anymore, so its deffonately not worth it, no matter what imo. MoC3 is 75% of your heals btw mate, you loose 25% effect.

I didnt have Mastery of Healing, but its a very handy passive to boost while saving for some of the more expencive RAs. You should deffonately have WH1 all the time, just for the tiny chance to crit ;)

Zede

Part of the furniture
Im pretty sure i hold the record for most RA respecs for a cleric, so here goes :

Ah please note, im 5L7 on my druid right now, so kinda going through the same myself !

One important question to start with - how much dex did you put in your char in creation ? If it was 15 pts, then you dont have worry about dex at all right now.

If you have another cleric you play with in a group - work your RAs around them to, so if they have BoF3 say, get something else.

Forget Purge2, for 15 Points Di2 is much better use of Points. Clerics are NEVER targeted first in any fight - so Purge1 on a 5 sec countdown is fine.

Its all about the big 3 - Purge3, MoC3, BoF3.

Base your RA template on 5L5 - that allows you to get :

One of the 3, Pr1, McL1, Di1

This is best for 8vs8...Id go either Bof3 or MoC3 to start with. Ok it gimps your other RA abilities, but its more than often worth it.

All round spec :

BoF2,MoC2,pr1,mcl1,di1

Stay at the back and heal spec :

Di2,mcl2,Pr1,Purge1,dex2,lw1.

At the moment on my druid i have : BoF3,PR1,MCL1,DI1.

Only had this a few days, and thinking of respeccing already ! Its good in certain situations, but i think by far the most important RA for a Cleric, Healer or Druid has to be Divine Intervention.

If anyone is being assist nuked - if DI is not active a player can die in less than 2 seconds as we all know. Di gives you that extra time to able to cast your spec heal on the target, without di it becomes very hard ! Use of vent/ts & comms works very well. If someone shouts "taking heavy damage" you can pre heal the second before di goes down. Di is that little buffer you need.

In next few patches with Double mana increases when resting ( ie not im combat) clerics in the States are dropping mcl2 for mcl1 cause of the big boost in gaining back power..take that into consideration.

If you have the money or the stones, experiment ! Different RAs work in different situations, see whats best for you.

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Big agree with Kair on this though one thing i think important.

I'm 15 dex creation and i still think augdex3 is the first RA for any cleric. As we all know, time is money :D

The few miliseconds really add up not only when healing but when combat rebuffing etc. The quicker you can heal and rebuff the better frankly.

Moc3 is silly below rr7

My cleric RAs at rr5 were:

di2
purge1
mcl1
pr1
dex3

That gives nice fast casts, the DI to fill in between etc and as a emergency excape similar to explain above. PR for insta rez ofc. mcl1 for power just incase, also nice for pve if you ever do. And purge incase your sorc sucks as much as mine!!! hi james! <3 <3

naa, being stuck in a mezz is no use at all!

hope this helps

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Ati said:
Big agree with Kair on this though one thing i think important.

I'm 15 dex creation and i still think augdex3 is the first RA for any cleric. As we all know, time is money :D

The few miliseconds really add up not only when healing but when combat rebuffing etc. The quicker you can heal and rebuff the better frankly.

Moc3 is silly below rr7

My cleric RAs at rr5 were:

di2
purge1
mcl1
pr1
dex3

That gives nice fast casts, the DI to fill in between etc and as a emergency excape similar to explain above. PR for insta rez ofc. mcl1 for power just incase, also nice for pve if you ever do. And purge incase your sorc sucks as much as mine!!! hi james! <3 <3

naa, being stuck in a mezz is no use at all!

hope this helps

I like this suggested list best of all I've read. I think I'll go with it. Thanks ;)

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
I just wanted to thank you all for the brilliant replies - I am grateful, it's been a tremendous help :)

Jacob, hope life on Avalon is treating you well - come back soon ;)

P.S. Say hi to Rod for meh ;)

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
Newz nailed the RA spec before me. I'd also like to add that depending on spec you might want to start saving up for Mastery of Healing (if high enhance) and of course the valuable 1 point in Wild Healing.

If you have WH1 your heals have a chance to crit. If you don't they never will.

Himse

FH is my second home
Mcl 2!

or MCL 1 with EP, Sash, Champ etc. :D

then like PR, DI, BOF in some cases?

and passives.

Quantaco

Fledgling Freddie
I would say depends on specs and race

Really MOC 3 is no needed as MOC 2 is about the same as MOC 3. rr5 is abit low for moc 3, coz you will waste most pt on 1 RAs and grp will expect more healing from u. ( I mean the more pt that u can heal; power etc)

This is what I think is good for the cleric RAs when rr5.

Brition Cleric (rr5) : Aug dex 2----> 4 pt
DI 2 ----> 15 pt
PR 1 -----> 5 pt
MCL 1 ------> 5pt <This only for backup power, but EP n CL will required in the template>
MOF 1 -------> 1pt
WH2 --------> 4pt
And the rest 6 pt u can have purge 1 and LW if u wish to or you can have Moc 1. <or save point and get moc 2 when 5l6>.

Higherlander cleric can even choose aug dex 2/3 coz they have lower dex from the start.

Purge 1 is kinda useless tbh as there is 5 sec delay.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
My personal opinion on MoC is that if you buy it early you learn to rely on it too much and you don't realy develop good positioning which would make you so much more effective. I only got MoC on my cleric when I was 10L8 or something like that, until then I had BoF3 (which I never realy used all that often anyway).
I guess i'm a tight arse when it comes to using RA's because I hate wasting them when I could do as good without.
The RAs which you will need and always use as a cleric though have been said before in this thread:

MCL2
PR1
purge1 (get 2 asap though in RR6-7 range, 5s delay sucks ass)
Aug Dex3

DI is personal preference realy, I use it more as an additional group insta when it is needed but others use it when it is up (to achieve hopefully, the holy double DI) incase of a bad jump.

If you are going for DI never get DI3 (diminishing return on the points:heal) and as someone else said here (which I never did) was get MoC2 and MoH4 (slightly more points but passive benefit when not in MoC = good)

RA respecs are cheap so if you try and buy those essential RAs listed (MCL2 etc) first and later on when things become more expensive invest in useful passives until you can afford a new active.

traktorlove

Banned
id go with dex3 pr1 purge1 mcl2 di1, pr1 for instarezz, purge1 for when your unable to get a demezz, mcl2 for power, as thats imo the real issue when playing healer/druid/cleric, and pr1 for instarezz, di1 as another instaheal, when you get higher rr id go for di2 at rr6, and then at rr7 id consider moc2-3/bof3

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
EP, CW, Sash for powerless casting, CTR for when you get hit, pots, 40%+ power pool and MCL1 should do it :).

traktorlove

Banned
Manisch Depressiv said:
EP, CW, Sash for powerless casting, CTR for when you get hit, pots, 40%+ power pool and MCL1 should do it :).
only 40% pp? what shit temp do you have? ;<<< I agree, if you have like 55% pp or so mcl1 etc is enough, but id want more than what you stated! the singletarget bigheals with fast castspd takes ALOT of power

Quantaco

Fledgling Freddie
traktorlove said:
only 40% pp? what shit temp do you have? ;<<< I agree, if you have like 55% pp or so mcl1 etc is enough, but id want more than what you stated! the singletarget bigheals with fast castspd takes ALOT of power

40 % pp isnt that crap tbh, but is ur 55% pp includes 25% heal/buff / 10 casting speed/ spell range / resist cap / good af on it? If so please post.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Quantaco said:
40 % pp isnt that crap tbh, but is ur 55% pp includes 25% heal/buff / 10 casting speed/ spell range / resist cap / good af on it? If so please post.

HI GIMPTACO :D !!!!1111

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom