"Classic" server survey.

Reza

One of Freddy's beloved
From this weeks news:

"Classic" server survey
So far not many of you have given your opinion about a possible "Classic" server, excluding most of the "Trials of Atlantis" contents as well as the limited range buffs. You have until Monday the 26th of September to participate in the survey and we strongly urge you to do so if you have not already. Most of all, please spread the information around you so that as many players as possible can express themselves. To have access to the survey, click on the Surveys button on the community website, or click on this link

The survey basically asks players as to how appealing the idea of a classic server sounds and as to how much time they would likely spend on it compared to their current main servers.

All very well and good. But for those of us playing on English servers, we are essentially being asked to say how appealing the idea of a classic server is compared to (once again) the idea of a clustered server that we are yet to experience at all, let alone have to chance to form solid opinions on.

Being asked in a survey to essentially compare a possible future server type with an as yet to materialise 'existing' server type that was also the product of a past survey, seems like a bit of a wasted exercise if the results of the survey are to have much meaning.

So unless we get cluster sometime very soon allowing us to settle into the new server type and have informed opinions about it, I suggest the deadline of 26th Sep be extended.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed

All though imo Scrap cluster altogether and just make a Classic server instead. Ok this is going to sound like Doooooooooooooooooooom.

But hear me out.. Atm Albion seems to be mostly Pwning everything , keeps and tower and relics wise bcoz of numbers. Now come Cluster , U do realise the majority of pyd players r albs. Therfor , Alb will get even bigger in RvR for the dare i say it Zerg <You dont all zerg i know and hats off to u :) >. Now when u consider what the situation is like atm. The extra numbers Hib and Mid will get wont compare to the even Bigger force Albs will have than they allready do. All i can see is cluster meaning Albion will just rule over everything in the frontier, eventually Mids and Hibs will quit because there is no point anymore and quit the game. RvR becomes pointless for the albs left and woot, game over Daoc.

Yes im probably wrong, but it could happen. So balls to cluster imo , just Give us a classic server where people can actually compete in RvR if theyre not a ToA'd Caster plz.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
The only reason albs have the relics on excal is due to the time they get them.

I mean, posting notice of a RR on the forums, on prime time at a weekend and taking one just proves how poorly organised they are in daylight :)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Look at the numbers on a classic server in US (Lamorak): Average player count for a day in the begining was like 3000 (2994 for some day) now it is 1148.Maximums dropped from 3547 to 1846. Even Gareth and Ector shows a similar tendency.

In fact Lamorak + Ector combined daily average and daily maximum usercount are lower than what you get on some clusters.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
Look at the numbers on a classic server in US (Lamorak): Average player count for a day in the begining was like 3000 (2994 for some day) now it is 1148.Maximums dropped from 3547 to 1846. Even Gareth and Ector shows a similar tendency.

In fact Lamorak + Ector combined daily average and daily maximum usercount are lower than what you get on some clusters.

Mainly because of the 14 day free trial, misleading figures as a LOT of Euro players joined for that trial to check out the classic servers as well as a lot of returning US players and probably a decent amount of new players.

All a classic server would do here is draw players away from the already half-empty English servers.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
Esselinithia said:

those 1k players playing atm must be having some fun since i am sure 90 % of them they want RvR and no pve

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Mainly because of the 14 day free trial, misleading figures as a LOT of Euro players joined for that trial to check out the classic servers as well as a lot of returning US players and probably a decent amount of new players.

All a classic server would do here is draw players away from the already half-empty English servers.

if it would be this way, the graphs about server activity wouldn't have 1 month with high activity, maybe a few days more before a drop. http://daoc.darkzone.net/server/us/lamorak/ has the graphs. Lets see some figure:

yearly.png

As you can see there is an about month long period when the daily maximums reached about 3500, and averages were above 2500, if it would be a 14 day trial only effect, it would show a 2 weeks long "bump" from day one to day 14, then numbers would drop in a single day. Also most people who went to classic servers told us one thing: Catacombs is almost mandatory for these since everyone exps in cata zones. So 14 day trials aren't a big factor if you bought catas and enjoyed the server, why wouldn't you pay subs? Daily maximums the classic servers lost far more in numbers than US servers total.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
You're assuming 14 day trials all take place at the same time which is not the case.

If you want a classic server, go play on the US ones in my opinion. That way all the people who want classic servers have more people to play against, long term I doubt it'd be successful here.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Xxcalibur said:
those 1k players playing atm must be having some fun since i am sure 90 % of them they want RvR and no pve

Yes and No, we quit lamorak because real rvr, agramon, was dead.. literally we could go out and run for an hour and meet 2-3 groups on the island. Everyone was just roleplaying and hugging keeps, not my idea of RvR.

I also believe that GoA making a classic server on Euro servers would be the biggest mistake they could make, this will cripple the real servers (Pryd, Excal etc) Leaving them near empty, the people who stayed will quit due to lack of action then when people return from the classic server for whatever reason, they will notice the lack of people and quit also!!!
In short I think it will kill the euro servers.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
You're assuming 14 day trials all take place at the same time which is not the case.

Kami: A lot of people tried these servers, or at least play on US servers too doesn't believe in the 14 days theory, and know why? Because try to get your first 50 on a server, kite it and equip it. Most spoke about a month and a half spent on classic servers, which means people decided to stop playing on the servers when their first 1 month payment expired.

And on Lamorak: from the last 10 events in news I see now, 5 are rvr the other 5 aren't rvr related.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Am all forrit. How far does 'Classic' server go? No sc (I reckon that destroyed most of the game)? I would prefer to go out acquiring equipment. That way everyone has to mix. SC - TOA is elitist and bad for the moral of everyone concerned with this game.

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
Most spoke about a month and a half spent on classic servers, which means people decided to stop playing on the servers when their first 1 month payment expired.

Have you actually bothered checking the other US servers ? The overal population ? Checked anything at all past what proves your own theory ?

All regular servers took a huge knock when the "classic" servers were released and mostly they haven't recovered from it. Which is a clear indication people moved from the regular to the classic one and haven't moved back.

Also the population drop on Gareth has been far less pronounced then on Lamorak, it still peaks over 2500. Frankly it indeed looks like trial players and European tourists are largely to blame for the population drop on the "classic" servers.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Abel said:
Have you actually bothered checking the other US servers ? The overal population ? Checked anything at all past what proves your own theory ?

All regular servers took a huge knock when the "classic" servers were released and mostly they haven't recovered from it. Which is a clear indication people moved from the regular to the classic one and haven't moved back.

Also the population drop on Gareth has been far less pronounced then on Lamorak, it still peaks over 2500. Frankly it indeed looks like trial players and European tourists are largely to blame for the population drop on the "classic" servers.

Abel: Unlike you and Kami, I checked the overal graph, and the overal score dropped far less than the classic servers score, and unlike what you say, the population graph for say Guinevere shows a clear tendency: When lamorak and Gareth opened, the population dropped almost immediately, by about 400 max connections and almost 400 average connections. Now it gained back more than 100 such connections. Lancelot has a similar tendency, and several other servers have more or less similar tendencies, if they have any significant population.

The bump from all 14 day trials is less than 2000 users for max connection, and classic servers lost far more than this, and many people, who got 14 day trials still playing, so they can't be responsible for a bump far bigger than this. Please check the graphs closely before flaming, it only makes you look a troll if you don't check them and post.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Voted against it. We don't need more Servers to empty the old ones. ^^

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Their so called "classic server" suck.. give a real classic server or none at all imo.

.......and no BB's is boooooring, kkthxbye xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom