Classic Server Group Setups

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Not sure if this has been covered in the other threads (and yes I did look, but I'm not known for my attention to detail). I'd be interested in hearing what ideas people have for 8-man groups on Classic servers. I've only really got experience in Alb, so I've had a thought and come up with this;

Cleric - Enh/Rej
Cleric - Enh/Rej
Friar
Cabby - Matter/Body spec (41Matter for red NS)
Theurgist - Wind/Earth spec
Merc
Merc
Minstrel

Main problem with this group is damage output. Might swap the Friar for another Det/Charge tank, but resists are nice to have. Make sure Minstrel gets Purge and MoC1 asap for demezzing. This group would have a LOT of interrupts from Mincer/Theurg/Cabby plus pets, Nearsight, stuns, buffs, resists, shears, AOE Mezz (from Theurg or Mincer...not brilliant, but who cares after the new Det changes).

Would like to hear comments about this setup and ideas for other setups and also setups on other realms.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Cleric
Cleric (both 42 enh)
Merc - Crush
Merc - Slash
Earth therg sub rr5, air theurg post rr5 (i think its air, dd spec anyhow)
Pally - shield spec sara pally for guarding casters
Caba - Tri spec
Sorc

This is the setup NS ran on classic, worked fine. Our vids are on here somewhere if you want a look.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Pretty close to what I came up with then...can see why a Shield Pally might be preferred to a friar. I still would rather have a Mincer than a Sorc though! (sorry Thorwyn :()

Jerjerod

Fledgling Freddie
Killswitch said:
Pretty close to what I came up with then...can see why a Shield Pally might be preferred to a friar. I still would rather have a Mincer than a Sorc though! (sorry Thorwyn :()

Not only are sorcs the primary mezzer, which would normaly mean its the first thing you pick, they're also a second body nuker, demezer, AOE rooter, AOE stat debuffer and POM giver (no fop). I really cant see why you would not take one. If it was me i would drop a merc and have both a sorc and a mincer, i would take a pally above a friar and run without some con/dex/spec AF buffs as needed.

There was a thread almost identical to this not long ago, try searching yourself.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Killswitch said:

A good sorc was required on classic really, at least to start with as the mezzes lasted for full duration because everyone was rr1 :p

Wouldn't trade sorc for minst anyhow, perhaps for theurg if he is focusing on interupt, but i'd still prefer a theurg

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Naffets said:
A good sorc was required on classic really, at least to start with as the mezzes lasted for full duration because everyone was rr1 :p

Wouldn't trade sorc for minst anyhow, perhaps for theurg if he is focusing on interupt, but i'd still prefer a theurg

Might be right...sorc does have serious utility, even after the Det love patch. Not sure you can ignore Speed5, SoS, AM, insta-stun, MoC-demezz, Ablative, 2 insta-interrupts and all the other Mincer tricks though.

Of course, I didn't get to 6L6 on a Classic server running a group with a sorc, so it's quite likely I don't know what I'm talking about. I just love Mincers :p

Everz

FH is my second home
Naffets said:
This is the setup NS ran on classic, worked fine. Our vids are on here somewhere if you want a look.

Where can i find vids?

Sorc > Mins anyday, can be a nice assist when cabby isnt ns/ae disease etc

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
mins gets SOS - which means no mezzz on a tank group....

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
Alb:
sorc
cler
cler
theu
merc
merc
pala
cabby/minstrel

Hib: