Classes

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
What class did you enjoy the most.

I must admit a lot of the classes I didnt enjoy playing, in most mmos I play I end up being a caster, but for some reason the magus wasnt that exciting to play.

Dark Elf Sorcerer was ok, as was the fire mage.

Surprisingly I found the squig hearder to be great fun, probally something to do with the humor and the starting area.

Witch Elve I enjoyed as well, shame I had to be a women to play it, not that it really matters as the males all look like ladyboys anyway.

Dwarfs I got bored of real quick.

I have a couple more classes i want to try out later.

Liffster

Fledgling Freddie
Tried AM, BW and SW so far.. Really liked the AM, very average dps but very good healing. BW I did enjoy the BW, But in t1 with a cast time of 2sec on your main nuke u get closed down way too fast unless u constantly nuke and move, which really slows down your combustion build up.. also insanely fragile. Thats having played one and trying to heal them. SW.. only played to level 7 or so just didnt do it for me. If the servers come back on today will try SM or IB.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Of the classes I played in rank order:

Black Ork - Had no plan to play this in release but definitely will now. Most fun main tank ever.

Shaman - Was planning to play this at release and will be my second char - hella fun too.

Shadow Warrior - Who would have though being Legolas could be enjoyable?

Ironbreaker - Another bad ass tank although not so keen on the grudge mechanic.

DoK - Seemed reasonable fun but the DE start area was so buggy was hard to get in to.

Chosen - Felt like I should be doing good dps but wasn't. No low level snare really limited my enjoyment of RvR. Only class I didn't enjoy.

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
First class I made was a bright wizard as I thought it would be fun to aoe people in rvr. Turns out their aoe is'nt worth it most of the time but I had a great time blasting trough single targets :)

Second class I made was an engineer wich had much better aoe capabilities, at least at these low levels. This guy could kill 5 equal level mobs at the same time, by level 6 and for some reason in the t1 dark bg order always won so twas great fun.

Lastly I made an achmage (I was to play a healer in retail so I tried to stay away from it as long as I could) wich was the most fun I had in ob, after level 8 I did'nt feel like such a squishie in rvr and I could keep people up just fine while still helping somewhat to bring down targets that are getting hammered.

Looking forward to playing the rm/zealot in retail :) (I prefer to focus more on healing/buffing)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I Loved the Zealot, but then I usually prefer healing classes anyway.

I agree with you on the Squig hearder, they are very fun. Black Orc was also good, I'll probably do that as an alt later down the line, or perhaps a Chosen.

Maruader seemed interesting as well. Didn't try much Order :(

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
BW I did enjoy the BW, But in t1 with a cast time of 2sec on your main nuke u get closed down way too fast unless u constantly nuke and move, which really slows down your combustion build up.. also insanely fragile.

hmm, I found the oposite to be true. Between the shield, detaunt and root my BW was very survivable, and in 1 on 1s you kite people wit your dots untill you feel confident you can bring someone down before the shieldduration/root ends.

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
For me its Shadow Warrior if i play Order and Magus if i play Destruction. Have to admit i like the Witch Hunter and the Bright Wizard as well though. And Zealot was fun too :D

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Well for some reason I ended up playing the Black Orc, Shaman and a Squig Herder which was far from what I intended to do. I think I'll be sticking to the shaman class and perhaps make a Zealot in the future - who knows, their all great!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I really enjoyed Witch Hunter and Engineer, still trying to decide which I'm going to roll.

As usual I found the caster dps classes boring.

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm...

Played a Chosen, DoK, Witch Hunter and BW up to at least lvl 10...

BW and Chosen were very "standard" archetypes of meatshield and pew pew but the DoK and witch hunter were both nice surprises...

One thing i really like is how the enemy players you hit cry out stuff, like "Bollocks!"! Really nice feature :)

Deadringer

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys,
I cant start a new thread not got permission so gonna post this here. I havent had much luck with the beta with work and servers down,only had a few hours on, cant make my mind up whether to buy warhammer or go back to wow? Warhammer is good but i feel there's something missing and cant put my finger on it! maybe you guys can help me with some input that you have got from playing Warhammer and help me decide.

Many thanks

Dead

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
I've tried a few classes, not all... will roll archmage when servers come back up too
Swordsmaster: fun, can take a beating! it's a tank but for a change tanks seem to be able to deal massas of damage too (from time to time). However I'm not sure if I want to stick with this one, seems kind of repetitive to me
Witch Hunter: versatile and deadly! only played it to lvl7 but very enjoyable so far (haven't tested any scenario yet tho) - this might be my main
Squig Herder: ranged and with a pet! great feeling, fun in RvR as it looks... It felt very fragile however, and the damage seemed a little under compared to other ranged dps even with up to date gear (correct me if I'm wrong)
Marauder: this was the first class I tested, previous weekend, only played it to lvl5 but it felt a bit like the Witch Hunter

not sure yet what I'll be playing!

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Runepriest rocked but I'm a fan of healing classes.
Engineer was a lot of fun but not sure how it'd work in pvp, didn't actually try it in rvr yet.
Ironbreaker, awesome tank

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
only tried the runepriest as i thought id try and get used to it before release as my brother wanted me to be the guild healer. Really liked it til they nerfed my instant absorb shield which is now at level 21 but yes nice game nice class hoping to test a bit more abit later :D RP's could do with a little more dps though.

Jilson

Fledgling Freddie
loved the zealot, don't usually play a healer class, but with the hybrid options a zealot brings can't wait to roll him on HS!

eksdee

FH is my second home
tried shaman, black orc and marauder found them all fun and would be happy playing any of them as main, but going with black orc merely because it has been ages since i played a tank class in any serious way.

amtired

Fledgling Freddie
These are the characters i played the most.

Played on my magus most because im not going to play one in release since my friends will be order. Fun but i cant figure out how to be effective in RVR. Pets seem weak and uninpressive. Less damage than the bright wizard. Got to lvl 15

Archmage - possible main. Great fun after about lvl 7 when you have enough dots so you dont ever have to cast radiant lance again. Strong healer in RVR, you can really ruin the enemies fun and help your side to victory by healing people. Slow start, but gets better.

Ironbreaker - Heavy tank. Probably overpowered in RVR. I expect a nerf to be honest. Possible main.

Bright wizard - Boom boom. Beware the bright wizard, for he is fiery and quick to anger. Great fun, but a bit simplistic. Nuke nuke nuke. Excellent graphics, glow in the dark tattoos. A definite alt for me.

Marauder - Melee aoe-freak. Great fun and not as squishy as the witch hunter.

Witch hunter - Reminds me of the rogue in WoW, except without a reliable way to escape and less stealth. If he can lay his hands on a sinner he can utterly destroy them. Then he dies, because he cant defend himself from his targets friends, but at least he got to kill one before he died.

Black orc - Heavy. Lots of style. If we we're going destruction this would be the guy. He can run into the middle of an enemy zerg and really make them sorry.

Warrior priest - I'll avoid this one. Too many things to keep track of and i feel like the UI is working against me sometimes. Spent a lot of time with things like the goal flag as my defensive target, wasting my heals. Medium damage. Has to be close to the enemy, which means he'll get tab-targetted and nuked down. Undefeatable 1vs1 though. Seems like a class that will be very powerfull in the right hands, but im just not those hands.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Only had time to play one day and so I played only a Marauder to level 11.

Ugly looking but fun to play, very versatile class even at such a low level.

Narly

Fledgling Freddie
Shadow warrior for me! Was a lot of fun, you could kite almost anything = )

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i think i enjoyed shaman the most, the waaagh thingy was awesome :p

did enjoy playing tank too though (tried chosen and black orc) so still not sure what to play o_O

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Played Shaman, funny how a class thats suppose to be a mirror class to AM is so much better than the AM, but kinda already knew that from level 40 ;)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I tried WH first because I've always liked their storyline but it wasn't really my style. I also used Magus who seemed a bit weak, and dark elf sorceror who was better.
I think I'm going order on release though, I wish I'd had time to try some more order classes.

Grimlorn

Fledgling Freddie
I'm rolling Chosen as main and probably DoK as my second.

My thoughts on some of the classes are that Magus sucks ass. I might have to check some of his later abilities to see if maybe he's just a late bloomer.

Brightwizard is probably too powerful atleast early he seems like it.

Sorc seems ok but you have to watch that bar(can't remember name) for backlash.

Only tried 4 classes.

Taleth

Fledgling Freddie
I really plan to play an elven class on release so thought I would play around with other races for OB. Loved the witch hunter and surpisingly the Bright wizard - surprisingly because I normally hate mages.

Acrisius91

Fledgling Freddie
Squig Herder: ranged and with a pet! great feeling, fun in RvR as it looks... It felt very fragile however, and the damage seemed a little under compared to other ranged dps even with up to date gear (correct me if I'm wrong)

You are not wrong :iagree:
However I'm gonna take my chances with the squigger anyway, I tried marauder, chosen, DoK and Black Orc. I liked the squigger the most, but Black Orc followed by DoK were also very fun.

Balance changes back and forth all the time in MMO's, so I wouldn't get too caught up on what is stronger or weaker at the moment :)

R

Remulus

helloha all my first post(sat on fingers ect through the flaming :p), tryed a few diffrent classes enjoyed the witch elf and shamen, tbh i think you need pick what class fits your play style as after a bit they will be balanced. i lazy so ranged always good for me. i going a shamen on head start as really liked the point of if you heal then you do more damage and other way round.

Fitzbert

Fledgling Freddie
Shaman Shaman Shaman Shaman Shaman

That's all I have to say. Never enjoyed playing a class I've never played before in an MMO I've never played before so quickly off the bat. I LOVE IT! WAAAAAAGGHH!!

Will have an Ironbreaker for my Order alt, I believe. Awesome Dwarf tank is awesome. :D

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
RP were good, till they removed our defensive buff =/

Thats what healers need, more damage done to them

Urrunoa

Fledgling Freddie
With the limited OB time had only chance to try out destruction classes. Played Black Orc, Shaman, Squig Herder, Zealot, Deciple of Khaine, Sorcerer and Chosen. There was not a class I misliked and all of them had an interesting mechanic to it, can see how in future there will be people who get the best out of each of them.

Absolute positive is the way the game is concepted, you in it from the start and any path you like to persue seems to be made FUN. With the limited experience I have so far, it seems they succeeded in making this a fun RvR game ala DAoC, without the ToA bad taste. I will be playing this a lot and not sure what will turn out to take my focus, but Zealot and Black Orc seem it to be so far.

Peaches

Loyal Freddie
Engineer,SW and sorc were the ones i enjoyed most,still not sure which of the 3 will be my main.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom