Classes easiest to find a group with.

B

baphomet

In my experience the following classes seem to be most in demand.

Clerics.

Theurgs with PBT.

Paladins (actually, Paladins seem to be the most sought after
these days, even more than Clerics).

Ice wizzies.

Minstrels.

I personally also like to have a Necro in the party because of the power transfer.

Did I miss any?

B

baphomet

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Scouts ;)

I really do feel sorry for scouts, I invited one to a group once last week just on sympathy.

L

loxleyhood

Give a Scout a group and he'll earn exp for one hour.

Give a Scout group abilities and he'll exp for a life time.

B

baphomet

What's all this about lvl 51 btw?
The max is lvl 50, so why do people put lvl 51 in their sigs for characters?

T

Tharion

Well actually you are still L50 but u can utilize L51 items to the max :)

J

Jaxal

paladins and clerics are still most in demand, especially paladins :)
a good group cant function without end regen, good tanking, good agro handling, ... ofc there are exeptions

as a friar i normally dont get pm's asking to join a group, but if a group has a spot and they dont really need a specific class they dont say no cuz i can base buff everyone, heal in case of trouble and deal very good damage :>

owyea, and if there's an ice wizzy in the group its pbae party time :D

G

Gwandyn

I thought sorcs would be in high demand these days to...mana crack, good mezz etc etc?

B

baphomet

Originally posted by Gwandyn
I thought sorcs would be in high demand these days to...mana crack, good mezz etc etc?

Yeah, I forgot them, sorcs are popular too.

M

Madonion Slicer

And there was me about to come back to Albion with but as it seems Earth Wizards and Hybrid Armsmen are no longer needed i guess i wont.

B

baphomet

Originally posted by Madonion Slicer
And there was me about to come back to Albion with but as it seems Earth Wizards and Hybrid Armsmen are no longer needed i guess i wont.

There's always space for Armsmen.
Earth Wizzies, I wouldn't know, I don't know much about them.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

If you are an ice wizzie in Avalon then people will offer you their first born son just to try and get you into your group. ;)

B

baphomet

Re: Re: Classes easiest to find a group with.

Originally posted by grebneklaf
What what ice wizzies in demand where where????

Avalon city, they seem to be quite popular is groups.
When looking for mages, it's usually one of the first ppl recommend searching for in a group.

M

Madonion Slicer

oo maybe it is time for my Earth Wizard to make use of his single line respec then.

He has been a Fire Wizard now a Earth Wizard, ah why the hell not he can become an Ice too.

S

Sibanac

earth wizzys work fairly well in pbaoe groups tho, the dmg shield helps tanks hold aggro and you just center your gt on ice wizzy and spam that and your aoe snare/dd

G

grebneklaf

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
If you are an ice wizzie in Avalon then people will offer you their first born son just to try and get you into your group. ;)

kinda weird since the draks have pretty high resists against ice, could hardly touch them at lvl 40, even reds.

P

Pin

oo maybe it is time for my Earth Wizard to make use of his single line respec then.

He has been a Fire Wizard now a Earth Wizard, ah why the hell not he can become an Ice too.

according to your sig, he's level 41, so no single line respec.

dragon time for you.

B

baphomet

Originally posted by Sibanac
earth wizzys work fairly well in pbaoe groups tho, the dmg shield helps tanks hold aggro and you just center your gt on ice wizzy and spam that and your aoe snare/dd

Maybe they do, but it's not about what you can do , it what the general populace know you can do, unfortunately.

W

wichtel

Originally posted by Gwandyn

Depends on the group, good group: Sorc the better mezzer, bad group: more safe for a minst to mezz, because he can take some hits before the tanks realize that mezz is resisted/time over and go for the mezzer :/
Minst is also a good caster guard, too. Stun, DD, DD can stop the mob heading for a caster.
Sad thing is, most (or only a few? have gotten better) minst don't know anything else beside afk-playing PS and trying to get into a group 10 levels higher so everything besides PS will be resisted by high purple mobs :(

W.

M

Madonion Slicer

dragon time for you.

A veteran like you self Pin i would of thought you know that the lvl40 Single line respec is usable til you ding 42, Tut tut. :D

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Pin

dragon time for you.
Could it be? Pin in getting-his-facts-wrong shocker :p

B

baphomet

Originally posted by Pin

dragon time for you.

Depends when his character was created.
If it was created before july last year I think you get a full respec.
I haven't used mine yet for my cleric.

M

Madonion Slicer

Sadly both my Armsmen and Wizard where created Feb last year, sad in the fact they still no where near 50.

Both have used their full respec everyone got, Wizard went from Fire to Earth, Armsmen from S/S to Hybrid Pole S/S. but as the Wizard is still 41 he has the lvl40 Single line respec open to him til he dings 42.

For my Armsmen it is too late was contemplating going back to full S/S, but i stick with the hybrid spec nice to be able to chop and change between them.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by grebneklaf
kinda weird since the draks have pretty high resists against ice, could hardly touch them at lvl 40, even reds.

diffrent clans have diffrent resists and, full out resist has nothing to do with the %dmg resist

W

wichtel

Both have used their full respec everyone got, Wizard went from Fire to Earth, Armsmen from S/S to Hybrid Pole S/S. but as the Wizard is still 41 he has the lvl40 Single line respec open to him til he dings 42.

1.52:
Single-Skill Respec

[..]
Please note that you must perform a spec-line respec within the level that you gain the ability to do so: at level 20 or level 40. You will not be able to "hold" spec-line respecs forever; you must use them at those specific levels.
[..]

Has this been changed in a recent patch? Don't think so...

W.

B

baphomet

Hmm, it also says you can't keep the full respec for more than 2 levels
To do a full respec, go to your trainer, select him, and type "/respec ALL". You will only have a limited time to do a full respec: within two levels of when you first log into this version. So, if you are level 22, and you want to respec, you will have to do it before you attain 24th level.
http://rothwellhome.org/guides/specialization.htm

Odd, I thought you could keep the full respec indefinately.
Oh well, I don't need to respec anyway.

Z

zlair

Mad, get ur butt back to Albion !

Forget those midgets !!!

Just becuz u lvled two 50 mids in 1/10 the time it took u to lvl two albs to 40, thats no reason to wander off !!!

;)

Miss u :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Draylor
Could it be? Pin in getting-his-facts-wrong shocker :p

Single-Skill Respec

From now on, when a character reaches the levels of 20 and 40, they will gain the ability to "de-train" a specialization by doing a single-spec respec.

To do a single-skill respec (when you reach level 20 or level 40), go to your trainer, select him, and type "/respec SKILL NAME". Please note that you cannot redo this - once you respec a skill, it is done.

Please note that you must perform a spec-line respec within the level that you gain the ability to do so: at level 20 or level 40. You will not be able to "hold" spec-line respecs forever; you must use them at those specific levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom