Class for RvR

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
A lot of talk about Spirit Cabalists - IME if you are solo or grp'd it is far more useful to be tri-spec. NS ftw. If anyone with experience with both spirit and tri-spec would explain how the slight extra debuff makes up for losing utility from matter spec line please do so? :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Try a Friar!

Seriously though, anything apart from Necromancer/Armsman and the stealthers (of course) has a reasonable chance of getting a group. If you want an easy time then maybe a Mercenary or Cabalist is best.

You'll be best off finding a guild who needs a replacement instead of just randomly rolling any old class.

jiqnox

Fledgling Freddie
Been playing both and tbh i cant see any difference in my dmg after debuff with tri spec and since i get alot more util as tri i would never go back to 47 spirit.

And the talk about wizzies my cabba and wizz r around the same rr and i must say i really enjoy wizz in grps to and he works good just that the cabba got much more util allthough as mention before i think the player does make the difference .

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Wizards might nuke slightly harder.
Cabalists get a lifetap, disease and a ML9 un-CC'able pet.

Wiz might be more fun, cabby is more effective!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Golena said:
Wizards might nuke slightly harder.
Cabalists get a lifetap, disease and a ML9 un-CC'able pet.

Wiz might be more fun, cabby is more effective!

Roll a thane!

Oh wait.. :(

E

Eruptix

difference between yellow debuff and red debuff is about an increase from 400~ to ~450-500~ (28body+14/15 skill so lots of variance,but I never hit close to 500 with yellow debuff,while I did often hit above it with red debuff)

there IS a noticeable dmg difference between yellow and red debuff :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
BlackrazoR said:
A lot of talk about Spirit Cabalists - IME if you are solo or grp'd it is far more useful to be tri-spec. NS ftw. If anyone with experience with both spirit and tri-spec would explain how the slight extra debuff makes up for losing utility from matter spec line please do so? :)

Been thinking of going tri-spec now my caby is close to RR6 but alot of groups I have run with really like the purp body debuff. Running with two sorcs and a spirit caby is fun.

Personally I would like to see Nearsight moved to baseline on one alb char, probably wiz.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Eruptix said:
difference between yellow debuff and red debuff is about an increase from 400~ to ~450-500~ (28body+14/15 skill so lots of variance,but I never hit close to 500 with yellow debuff,while I did often hit above it with red debuff)

With the gaining of realm ranks, dmg from both specs should tend to converge, as tri-specs see how their dmg dont suffer from any variances from rr6 (or rr7, havent tested yet if dmg sufferes from variance vs lvl 51 enemies or if thats a myth) and beyond. This makes up for the increased debuffed dmg from 47spirit specs due to them not being able to eliminate the dmg variance no matter how high rr they are.

From my own experience.

I`ve tried both specs. Was 47spirit till rr5 worked fine but i felt like i was missing stuff, and honestly, the dmg variance was sometimes discouraging.
Respecced to 34body 33spirit 25matter then. Talking 'bout numbers, non debuffed nukes used to hit on the range of -350+ (on targets with top body resists). After yellow debuff, dmg was in the range of -420-470+. Since rr6, debuffed dmg goes for 470 (more or less depending on the target having capped body resist or some points below it). Dmg cap was 603 (on a grey mob).
Throw in some increasing dmg RA's like mom3(wp3) and augAcui3 and rr8 n im sure i could hit for 500(700) w/o any problems or variance (ofc this is with a 9% dmg 10% pierce template). Plus u have other goodies like 45% ns or yellow disease (and aoedot!!!111 :p ).

I also have a rr5 fire wizz. And believe me, the raw dmg of them (higher than cabys but dont expect nuking for 700...), at their current state, doesnt make up for the total lack of utility of the class. Mebbe next patch will change this, who knows.

If u choose cabalist, my humble advice is to go 47spirit till rr5-6, then respec to tri-spec :)

PS: heretic seems a very fun class to play too

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Realistically, and going from the fact you're gonna be RvRing with us guys, I'd recommend a cabby or if you want to do melee stuff, a merc, although these days a merc is there more for BL interrupts than l33t damage.

I think you'll like the damage of a debuff nuker (even if they are slightly nerfed). Having said that, a wizzy might be quite good, especially as you'll do shitloads of damage on hibs as they often neglect heat resist in templates.

At the end of the day, its up to you :) We will be running with a cabby in the group regardless - if we run a wizzy, it will be as an 8th/misc member so you might have to fight for that spot a little, especially as we'll already have a RR6 reaver in the group ( so reaver/tic spot will be taken)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:
Realistically, and going from the fact you're gonna be RvRing with us guys, I'd recommend a cabby or if you want to do melee stuff, a merc, although these days a merc is there more for BL interrupts than l33t damage.

I think you'll like the damage of a debuff nuker (even if they are slightly nerfed). Having said that, a wizzy might be quite good, especially as you'll do shitloads of damage on hibs as they often neglect heat resist in templates.

At the end of the day, its up to you :) We will be running with a cabby in the group regardless - if we run a wizzy, it will be as an 8th/misc member so you might have to fight for that spot a little, especially as we'll already have a RR6 reaver in the group ( so reaver/tic spot will be taken)

I'd rather do a wizzy for more damage, but thats not going to happen - i'm sick of taking a misc slot :) Cabby inc !!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Tears said:
I'd rather do a wizzy for more damage, but thats not going to happen - i'm sick of taking a misc slot :) Cabby inc !!

Plus that misc spot could actually be taken for another caby i guess .....

gohan

FH is my second home
Golly said:
hmmmm how many ppl can a tic keep occupied? iv kinda neglected them in rvr just seen em as a slamless reaver

not 100% sure but for grp tic u dont go 50 felx u go like high enhance an high rejuve for 10% resist piece + aoe snare damage for interupts an uninteruptable casts an MR, not really seen any tics in grps so not sure but unless they took advantage of the focus line then ye they'd jsut be a crap reaver with DI

Mufasa

Fledgling Freddie
Well unless you made your final decision on Caba (alot of fun) maybe consider rolling a 2h pala if you want too join on the assist train and chib stuff as i think there gunna be very grp friendly soon (dunno how soon but will give you a chance too lvl/toa up) :drink:

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Mufasa said:
Well unless you made your final decision on Caba (alot of fun) maybe consider rolling a 2h pala if you want too join on the assist train and chib stuff as i think there gunna be very grp friendly soon (dunno how soon but will give you a chance too lvl/toa up) :drink:

Its ok im sorted now :)

Saracan Cabby (95 dex 70 int) probably going 46 spirit 28 body (for assist debuf/nuke) only concern here is lack of NS

Also going for a mins too when im bored to join in a stealth trio 44 instruments, 29 slash, 39 stealth but will respec at RR5 to lower stealth and raise instruments.

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Eruptix said:

50-100 extra lifetap damage with 28body +14? I hit for ~550 with my yellow debuff, although i do have RAs that help. Also a 34Body spec does reduce variance to nothing and gives you a better AE disease. However, the main point I was trying to make is the NS is worth losing that ~50 damage per lifetap as it gives you such great utility.

46spirit 28body would probably be better as 47spirit 26body because then you can also debuff for a theurgist and the damage becomes obscene with their DD.

47spirit 24body 11matter is risky at low RR as you are likely to be resisted on the NS too much and the variance on your nukes will be make you a less effective support class.

34Body 25Matter 33Spirit is the best spec for cabalist in almost any situation IMO. :)

O

ONdskaN

prolly too late but u should really roll a friar or smt since everyone has a cabalist,

if u alrdy rolled a cabalist and if u wanna go for debuff u should spec 46 spirit 20 body 19 matter(for better NS and 1st ae dot to kill zok pets)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Another option to consider is Air theurg

45 air 25 ice rest earth

You can petspam decently enuff
You can go as a spec nuker at little power cost n do dps at some stages fo the fights (on targets which mostly have low or medium spirit resists)
You can solo aswell if u get bored due to ur class speed
You will be desired on high lvl encounters like levi/dragon/ml10 raids (see above)

:)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
i been tri-spec from day one, i think the opposite, i think spirit becomes more viable at higher rr. as for the dmg difference, the potential to do more dmg is in spirit spec ofc but due to the reqd low body u get crap variance, so i doubt u consistently see all of that extra dmg. when ur debuffing for 2-3sorcs, maybe 2 of them body or split-spec its a different matter ;)

as a 7L4 tri-spec i hit for 450-520ish after debuff, depending on resists, with 0 variance, full focus and big box of toys :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
My cabby is 46s 25b 11m and no problem landing the NS and don't even have 1 level of MoF.
Nukes with the red debuff are quite insane and do normally 550-600 damage, add a little crit and you do 700-800 damage easy.
I really like the class as it has lots of utility, the only thing I miss is speed (for soloing but a horse will have to do) and someform of AoE CC (disease ain't really that much of a CC) but really nice if you duo with a class that can fill those gaps like a Sorc or Theurg.

Heretic is also a nice class but I think a melee specced Tic is more fun than a caster tic as with a caster tick you can't really do much else then throw some snare/damage beams around which got boring for me after some time but an underrated class non the less.

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
Bg friar as there feck all in the realm u prob get a group all the time

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
11m and no problem landing the NS

problem with the grey ns is eld/runy/warlock can still ns u back from 1500+ :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Yes but I don't use it only for the NS effect but the 2300 range interrupt and with -25% range their runie/eld has to come into nuking range to NS which gives my casters a chance to nuke him back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom