Class for RvR

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I'm looking at starting an alt on albion and wondering what classes are in use for RvR at the moment ?

After having played a Thane on mid I can hand on heart say I don't want a character who has to fight for a group space, I dont want to have to try to justify my class in a group :)

Any tips ?

Tried playing a healer class and although it was fun at the time the novelty wore off by RR4, cant hack the responsibility of being main CC (so a sorc is out) Im sure i just love being part of the assist train and dishing out damage - either melee or caster

So im guessing a spirit cabby ?

grimlin

Fledgling Freddie
i heard that minstrels called tears are quite OP nowdays :fluffle:

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
Needed in all groups: Cleric, Sorc
Needed in most groups: Merc, Cabby, Theurgist, Wizard (next patch)
Needed in many groups: Paladin, Heretic, Armsman

With any other class you will have a very hard time to get a decent PUG.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
you sure about wizzy ?

Surely a handfull of cabby/sorcs doing debuff body damage would be better.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Wizzies are still gona be on the back bench next patch imo

The changes just really don't justify putting one in, when other classes can do better anyway.

McDee

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
you sure about wizzy ?

Surely a handfull of cabby/sorcs doing debuff body damage would be better.
not when wizzies have a built in 15% heat debuff to their spec fire DD and nearsight in the spec earth line

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
sorcs n cabbies still bring alot more utility to the table as well as similar dps (and pets)

spirit cabbie or reaver/merc imo

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
our 'base' setup is: cleric, cleric, sorc, sorc, friar, heretic, cabalist (47 spirit)

on the 8th spot we have had a 3-spec caba, fire wizard and air theurg. there wasn't too much difference, its the player on those classes that made it work.

id say any of those classes are perfectly viable, its the player who deserves a group spot rather then specific class.

as for a tank setup i would go: cleric, cleric, sorc, caba/theurg, merc, merc, heretic, friar.

alb and mid light tanks are more and more degrading into a role where they do nothing but banelord. its a matter of outlasting or avoiding the other group's banelords. once they are down, its a massive slaughter left right and center.

a heretic however can keep on interrupting like mad even when banelords are down, which buys your tanks a lot of time to actually do some dps.

anyways, bottom line of what im trying to say is, a lot of classes are perfectly viable. aslong as you play it well, are open to learn it even better, and have fun playing it then its all good. find 7 more of those and you have fixed yourself a superb fg :p

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
hmmmm how many ppl can a tic keep occupied? iv kinda neglected them in rvr just seen em as a slamless reaver

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
See what the next couple of patches bring a reaver, may make them more viable but as it stands now, I'd go with maybe a cleric or merc.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
McDee said:
not when wizzies have a built in 15% heat debuff to their spec fire DD and nearsight in the spec earth line

but with a sorc-sorc-cabby combo you get 50% debuff and more utility than wizzy, I just cant see any RvR group taking one wizzy, only option would be a set group with more than one doing fire debuff.

Kagata

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
but with a sorc-sorc-cabby combo you get 50% debuff and more utility than wizzy, I just cant see any RvR group taking one wizzy, only option would be a set group with more than one doing fire debuff.

Body Debuff has been badly nerved tho :) it will only take 18 of the base resist and 35 from a resist buff , when a resist buff is like only 10 it will only take 10 then you got your base template body resis let's say 28% - 18%....
not as good as before :) and i'm talking red body debuff

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Kagata said:
Body Debuff has been badly nerved tho :) it will only take 18 of the base resist and 35 from a resist buff , when a resist buff is like only 10 it will only take 10 then you got your base template body resis let's say 28% - 18%....
not as good as before :) and i'm talking red body debuff

yeah ok - but thats still 28% :)

Torn between a Tik and Cab now - grrrrrr choices.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
sorc/cabalist/merc

and if you go sorc/cabalist you can do rather well solo if you don't have a group.

or cleric - clerics are always in demand (alas, not so for the lightning wizard)

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
and youve got your 10% resist pierce on top of the debuff- still gonna cap out damage as a body debuffer surely

this nerf better not be too harsh or im screwed just rolling spirit caba and ml'ing it :S

i will cry irl kagato.....

grimlin

Fledgling Freddie
wizzys are good if there fire! i have one and enjoyed it all the way to rr6 thn my comp wont let me rvr so havent played since!!!

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
cabby/theurg or tic/reaver, cant rly go wrong with those. all fun, all can turn fights, all can do sick dmg - under the right circumstances :p

merc is just cannonfodder these days, u wont kill much if anything vs good grps and you will be first to die, just as soon as u run out of banelords... u look a mercs /stats in rvr these days and its 2 deaths/deathblow on average, thats not what i'd call fun. interrupt and let the sorc/caba/s kill them in 3s is the way-of-the-alb.

so, since u cant kill much with melee, all u can do is interrupt and do dmg when u get the chance. reaver and heretic are both much better at that and both have better survivability vs casters than a merc, yet both can still be banelords. all thats missing is charge and better (gimped) melee dmg.

reaver still has some work to do to establish a role in random/pugs (for some reason) with thier love patch still inc who knows... half of me is hoping for charge the other half is looking at all the shit a reaver has to buy already and thinkin "oh god, not charge aswell..." soon see :m00:

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
no room for a mincer? :( - one of the most underated classes in alb - the only one who can deliver you to your battle in speed 5 (or speed5+endo sprint) - SOS at impact thus reducing mezzing chances, access to MOC - so can function as a backup demezzer (yeahyeah tell me about 4 second cast time!)

- wears chain so higher surviability - a group mincer would normally be spec'd for AOM so job is to get in amongst casters / healer types and interrupt

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
the only possible spot for mincer is to take the place of the 2nd or 3rdsorc, it is doable in a fixed grp but most randoms would take the sorc due to no mincers having full grp suit+ra's+spec (they all solo more than they grp).

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
yeah mincer will be my stealther character to play with an infil/scout friend :)

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
Personally i'd roll a fire wiz, 219 dd nuking with 15% heat debuff and 10% passive resist pierce is gonna kill just about any caster in 3 nukes, even with capped resists and without a sorc debuffing heat, plus you'll have the bolts, and for an added thing blue/green ns is very viable, besides.. imagine the fun of the class :p

B

Betrayal

Teaaaaaaaars! my old boss on hibbeh! :p Make a minstrel! We need one for our scout / inf or scout / scout duo :p Trio is the way to go! (and if you really want to play GG rvr or pugs 8vzerg, can get sorc into action, still minstrel is a good toon) :p

grimlin

Fledgling Freddie
wiz wiz wiz wiz wiz wiz. fun to play and its quite good when people survive on 1% from ure bolts and u go away crying because they didnt die and when they get NS say bye bye to other casters/archers:flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom