Clarification Of Rules - anyone else got some Q's?

E

ECA

1. Can we boost plant, eg boosting a member onto the crate at the non-CT-spawn site on de_cbble. ( some leagues do, some dont )

2. Are Silent bomb plants allowed? ( I'm guessing not - but it doesnt say so in the rules page )

3. Can we throw grenades through the skybox? eg throwing over the wall outside bombsite B on dust2.

4. Anything decided about cl_bob yet?

5. Roof boosting, again it doesnt forbid it in the rules.

( Just trying to save problems later on when one clan uses them and another complains, but the *it isnt in the rules* defense comes into play )

R

RogueOne

First of all... rules haven't been updated with the season 6 rules yet. However, I'll answer your questions.

1 and 2) BWCSL rule re. plants is that so long as it can be defused by a single enemy, it's legal. Therefore, boost plants are mostly illegal, but silent plants are allowed.

3) I'd prefer to ban this, but since I've seen genuine accidental cases of this happening, I'll allow it.

4) Probably not going to lock it.

5) If it doesn't take you outside of the map-box, it's allowed. I'll define some instances of this when I post the new rules page.

E

ECA

I forgot to say, imho

1. disallow
2. disallow
3. allow - its a wall, you can throw stuff over :-]
4. lock it at 0 or dont lock it.
5. Disallow

E

ECA

hohum, I'd argue against using silent plants, as they are an unintentional bug imho.

I'd also argue against allowing roof boosting, as in some of the maps there are a few that dont take you outside the map box, but can be very useful.

Theres about 5 of these on nuke, less so on the others.

Imho its an exploit because its a bug in the HL engine.

W

Wookles

Boost planting not allowed ?????

Thats legal in every other league, theres only a couple of maps you can do it. Cobble being one, dust another.

It takes extra time and teamwork to do this and that should be rewarded !

We've always boost planted on cobble at the Bottom site, never had any complaints in any league or ladder we've played in.

Oh.. and if you compare your ruling with other leagues.. Silent planting ISNT legal... you dont silent plant by accident..

Running into a site as CT and not hearing the bomb beep.. will often cause you to turn and run to the other site. Thats not fair.. its a map exploit.

I really think you should re-consider these .. you've got them utterly the wrong way round.

[SWANT]Wookie

G

g-shock

i agree i think boost planting should b allowed, as wookles said it requires extra time and team work, it also leaves u open 2 get killed so is a little more dangerous.

R

RogueOne

Very well.

Since this thread and my conversations on IRC have indicated that most people favour boost-planting, I guess it's reasonable that we should allow all plants in BWCSL. For what it's worth, I have a feeling that the forthcoming CS1.6 release is supposed to fix the bug that allows silent plants.

A

andersschm

<<Thats legal in every other league, theres only a couple of maps you can do it. Cobble being one, dust another.>>

Not quite every other league - it seems standard in a lot of places that you can't boost plant. In admin'd matches anyway - you can get away with murder in clanbase or ED.

T

[TNN]Aardvark

Erm, boost planting makes it physically unable for a single CT to win the round after eliminating all the Ts. How exactly is that fair? It takes about ooo, 2 seconds extra to boost before planting, so you can't really argue 'oh it takes time and teamwork to set up'.

As for silent planting, anyone with their head attached to their shoulders should be able to work out if the bomb hasn't been planted at the site you're watching, even if theres no beeping its at the other one...

W

Wookles

Its fair because the CT's shouldnt let the Terrs do it in the first place...

Dont understand your argument about silent planting. Its quite possible NOT to be directly at a bomb site when the bomb is planted.

You trying to tell me that using a KNOWN BUG in a map is correct and fair ???

A

andersschm

Sir Anders Schmitt

Boost planting isn't very chivalric. Like most CS players I feel bound by a code of honour which determines how I behave in life, towards women and on the field of battle.

Honourable fellows will not boost plant, silent plant, kill a lagged man, injure a female player or use a superior weapon against a pistol armed opponent.

As we are all trying to gain esteem among the community I am sure all of the above will be adhered to when we duel within the realm of BWCSL.

E

ECA

Re: Sir Anders Schmitt

Originally posted by andersschm
Boost planting isn't very chivalric. Like most CS players I feel bound by a code of honour which determines how I behave in life, towards women and on the field of battle.

Honourable fellows will not boost plant, silent plant, kill a lagged man, injure a female player or use a superior weapon against a pistol armed opponent.

As we are all trying to gain esteem among the community I am sure all of the above will be adhered to when we duel within the realm of BWCSL.

If someone charges at me on an eco round with a glock, and I have a colt, I am *not* going to stand there and usp him :-]

He will be getting teh colt hs, and so will the rest of his teamies :-]

J

jis

The boost plant on cbble can be defused by a single player as can the dust one.

Users who are viewing this thread