News Clamping and fines

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
So it seems that clamping and fines on private land will be illegal as of next year.

This is a double edged sword. While it will save thousands of motorists from rogue clampers it will also allow people to effectively take the piss. For example, just down the road there is a Co-Op and a Tesco express. Now parking round there is a nightmare since there really isn't much at all. There is also a dry cleaners which currently has a sign out front stating that anyone who parks there and isnt' a customer will be clamped.

This is fair enough as his customers have to park. So while I can appreciate being able to park there when I nip into the shop and tehre's no parking I can also see that it will allow people to park tehre all day and basically stick their finger up at him.

No doubt there will be amendments and clauses to the laws but as it stands tehre are winners and losers on both sides.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Private clamp companies?! :eek7:

Those crazy yanks eh :D

Police enforced parking rules would be fine, works in a lot of countries without a hitch.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I can envision that the council will be contracted out to private car parks, and their wardens will handle fines etc. This is a huge blow for firms who operate legitimately in private car parks, and don't just go around clamping on public roads with parking restrictions -they will basically be out of work.

Nate

FH is my second home
So, for instance my boss has a carpark on his land. What does he do if someone abandons their car for a few days? I can't see it happening since we're in the middle of no where, there's not really any benefit to parking in there. But say his business was in the middle of a town.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
We're going to have to fence and gate off our car park.

Currently the council won't come out to tow a vehicle dumped on private land, so there needs to be a law change there.

Nate

FH is my second home
It's a mess for the businesses that allow customers to park though, you're not going to have a gate locked in retail outlets.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
so there needs to be a law change there.

:iagree:

In these parts, abandoned cars get handled by the government/police/whatnot and for example, some places have a 7am-7pm parking permit for anyone, rest time for denizens etc.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The problem is 2 bit companies taking the piss and charging whatever the fuck they wanted.

Like one small sign, and then they tow your car charge you £300+ to get it back.
If clamping companies were not money grabbing fuckos this wouldn't have happened.

And yes this will lead to epic piss takes.

rynnor

Rockhound
Most clampers are scum and take the piss so if they are all jobless its no loss.

I dont think its going to make a massive difference elsewhere tbh - clamping has been basicly illegal for a while really when it was judged to be criminal damage to have you car clamped.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I hope this means automated systems that track registration numbers in and out will be outlawed as well. My work got an invoice from a private company wanting £50 for me spending 2hr 8min in a 2hr stay car park. I told them not to pay it as I wanted to challenge it.

They paid it anyway and are claiming the cost from my February salary.
Fucktards.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I hope this means automated systems that track registration numbers in and out will be outlawed as well. My work got an invoice from a private company wanting £50 for me spending 2hr 8min in a 2hr stay car park. I told them not to pay it as I wanted to challenge it.

Fucktards.

Well that sounds dodgy, deciding your own legal issues :eek7:

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...

Fucktards.

I'm pretty sure that your company can't legally do that. Might want to get in touch with ACAS and get advice on that.

Will

/bin/su
Scotland outlawed clamping years ago and there hasn't been a massive problem.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
That's because you're all too hopped up on scag and buckfast to drive.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
We got a fine through from London for the other half's work car, a 1990 ford fiesta, the ticket said parking with part of vehicle outside parking lines or something like that, the fine was 100 quid!
A hundred quid fine for someone driving a 500 quid car, it wasn't ours, the warden wrote the wrong number down, but how fucking heartless can you get, some poor sod probably gonna have his whole month spoiled.
They had probably paid the fee but were outside the lines, everybody in the
parking enforcement industry deserve the social status they have...fucknuts!

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yeah sure it'll fix one problem but at the same time it'll create an even larger problem where private carpark owners such as retail outlets can no longer control a car park they own for use by customers, instead now any person can park in it without fear of any action.

This law is a simplistic solution that I suspect will need changing and is probably going to meet more resistance over time, probably adjust the above rules would of been better but would of taken more time.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
personally i never understood the point of clamping, i mean... you dont want someones car to be there, so you clamp it, so they cant move it :eek7:

why not just give em a ticket?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
.... They have to pay to remove the clamp. They can ignore the ticket, you'd have to go through small claims court to try to recover the unpaid ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom