City Siege Improvements

Nate

FH is my second home
So some band aid changes are coming our way, we won't have to sit through 6 hours of brain numbingly boring pq/owning/getting owned but instead 2 hours! The Victory Point Bar will bounce around a bit more, and you'll be able to get lewts for longer.

While I like that the City Siege is being looked at, I still don't think any of these are actually improvements. The idea of getting in the enemy city is great, having to fight over it, great again, the implementation of it in WAR though is terrible. I'd have really liked it if some new ideas were put in place here so people really want to go there for fun and not just to get lewts, a defendable(with reason) position once taken would have been awesome, taking certain areas makes it more difficult for the enemy(ie. spawns more friendly npc's that go out hunting, spawns siege equipment, creates walls, etc) but all it is currently is a tightly packed version of what happens elsewhere in the game. Nothing seems to be finished..it's all just half thought-through ideas that were thrown in and left there, burning objects couldn't be more boring.

There, venting done. Any of you guys have input on this? Do you actually enjoy the contested city stage(and no getting lewts is not a valid reason)? What would you like to see in the city and what would you like to do that isn't there currently?

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Completely agree Nate, personally I'd prefer more of a siege "feel" to the whole thing.

Fighting your way into the enemies city, capturing lock points one by one too further your progress and pvp all the way would be a lot more fun than the PQ squabbles and grind (although the pvp in the PQ's was great at times).

At the moment there is simply no feeling of progress, you never feel like you are getting anywhere and considering you are supposed to be invading, there is never much of a noticable invasion going on.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
a) Get rid of the PvE part, multiply the BO objectives one must conquer and defend to progress into the city Siege.
b) Make sure that the Instances are full or balanced (max <> 5 players) before starting.
c) To fix the losers who tend to leave instances, port em to T1 Empire so they have to fly back to fortress and make all the way back with chances of getting ganked / give a malus of 30 mins before joining a new one.
d) Give us a Token / Influence System for City Sieges too, cause at the moment the contribution system is just a good excuse to leave the game in droves (since they are at it give an Influence System for Keeps and Fortress too).

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
The idea of progress points, whether they are BO's, internal walls or whatever sounds good. It would be good to be able to see inside the city just how well you are getting on.

Much better than just killing mobs willy nilly

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
d) Give us a Token / Influence System for City Sieges too, cause at the moment the contribution system is just a good excuse to leave the game in droves (since they are at it give an Influence System for Keeps and Fortress too).

Seconded. The system is currently somewhere between a joke and pure sadism.

Edit: Also it's pretty much impossible for any non-tank, non-ae dps class to win a bag.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
It may be crazy talk, but perhaps the focus of a city siege should be fun and RPs, and not Teh Phat Lewts...?

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
It may be crazy talk, but perhaps the focus of a city siege should be fun and RPs, and not Teh Phat Lewts...?

I think it demonstrates just how unfun it is that people are so focused on the loot. Feels like just another grind.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Yet another city siege (IC) on K8P tonight. I gave up and logged after 45 mins of instances with no healers (at all), bugged PQ's, huge lag spikes (a guildie in Talabecland was fine so clearly a zone issue) and then after trying to swap instances to play with some guildies, waiting 15 mins to try and get in.

It's really just not fun and i'm far from alone in thinking this. In DAoC people couldn't wait to go rvr and relic raid etc as it was actually quite fun. In this i see a collective sigh and people start dropping offline when a city siege kicks off.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I took part in 1 city defence for about 5 minutes and gave up, but that was mostly due to lag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom