City Seiges...

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Having resubbed last week due to the upcoming patch, I took part in my first city-seige of IC today (i dont count the ones in beta), on Karak 8 Peaks, and i have to say that i'm very, very unimpressed by it for the following reasons:

1) Extremely buggy mobs - it was impossible to kill half of the mobs necessary to cap the monolith BO for most of the time i was on - the guards were constantly out of range while able to hit me.

2) Narrow choke points - suited to AoE spam, and once one side has been pushed back to their spawn its completely impossible to get out. Instant death for even for a tank with 9k hps from the 6-7 stacked Pit of Shades and Quake/Demo spam etc (i'm sure Destruction has the same problem with Rain of Fire etc in other instances).

3) PQ's failing to reset (twice the PQ failed to reset and just hung at "failed" for about 10 minutes, meaning many people left that instance on the order side).

4) Groups bugging in instances, and widespread problems trying to join even empty instances while grouped. My guild gave up trying to run guild groups after 30 mins of relogging, reforming groups etc.

5) Bugged / Unattainable loot drops - when I first arrived there was a IB outside the entrance complaining about getting a DoK breastplate drop for him in the PQ he'd just won, the only winning PQ i was involved in nobody was able to pick up the loot due to destruction casting AoE's on the loot chest.

6) Extremely laggy in most instances despite a high-end machine.

My question to other people who've been involved in city-seiges is this: What were your experiences? Similar to the above, better, worse?

Right now to me, it feels like i'm paying for the privilige of beta-testing city sieges... :twak:

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
Well I haven't been part of a city siege yet but it's really embarrasing for GOA/Mythic to have it that way, it's the end game. What the whole game is about... AND IT'S BROKEN!! Shame on you!

Nate

FH is my second home
I can't say I see a difference to what we weren't happy with in beta. Still, theres new content coming to make up for the stuff we have currently!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Well I haven't been part of a city siege yet but it's really embarrasing for GOA/Mythic to have it that way, it's the end game. What the whole game is about... AND IT'S BROKEN!! Shame on you!

Kegarl(Marauder) - lv20 RR12 Eight peaks
Aligapth(DoK) - lv20 RR17 Eight peaks

<scratches head>

How would you get in anyway? ;)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I can't say I see a difference to what we weren't happy with in beta. Still, theres new content coming to make up for the stuff we have currently!

I dont get you,are you saying you happy how city sieges are working right now?

Lembit

Fledgling Freddie
Wierd. Apart from this thread, I have not heard of any of these bugs etc nor experienced any for myself.

Chokepoints. Yes, but the IC insta I was in for 2 hours, order managed to push out of their spawn after desto completed the pq.

Lag. Nothing worth mentioning really, same as any big fights.

eksdee

FH is my second home
yeah it was crap, but i don't see what more anyone really expects. i can't see much of a different way mythic could deal with the idea of a city siege. bugs aside, the players don't represent the king/guards/etc that populate the IC and as such it is necessary to have some PVE involved. the whole instancing side of it is arguably totally against the entire idea of the game as it splits the opposing forces up, but i also see the necessity of that. you only have to go to a fortress siege to experience an idea of how bad it would be.

all in all, i honestly can't see any other way to do it. i didn't enjoy it, but then i had no interest in relic raids in daoc either so why would i. but on the other hand, relic raids didn't happen every day in daoc whereas every single day for the past 2 weeks, order on k8p have been trying to siege IC. it's just boring to me and hopefully this experience will encourage more people to try something different than just login -> ask in /1where the choo choo is -> /f on some random dude -> scratch balls -> laugh on forums at the people they mow down with 5x their numbers.

</rant>

Nate

FH is my second home
I dont get you,are you saying you happy how city sieges are working right now?
No, we weren't happy with it in beta and there is no difference to what it was like back then. Nothing has changed since it was tested in beta.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
No, we weren't happy with it in beta and there is no difference to what it was like back then. Nothing has changed since it was tested in beta.

Agreed. It feels like they haven't done a thing to them.

I dont get this rush to release new content. Get the fucking existing content right first? You dont give someone plastic surgery if they need a heart transplant!

Sure there's separate content teams for bug fixes, new content, classes etc. However they're saying that like taking the new content teams and adding their manpower/time to support the bug fix/class balance/siege teams wouldn't make the fixes quicker.

I'll say one thing - it certainly can't make the fucking fixes slower considering cities have been in this state for well over 6 months. Honestly that siege experience yesterday just made me go "what a crap waste of time". I know many others in the warband and instances came away feeling the same thing.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
the motherboard on my machine died yesterday morning so i didnt get to see what all the fuss was about. reading here and on wha i am actually not that bothered about it and tbh not in much of a rush to get it fixed to get back to it.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
the motherboard on my machine died yesterday morning so i didnt get to see what all the fuss was about. reading here and on wha i am actually not that bothered about it and tbh not in much of a rush to get it fixed to get back to it.

Aye, i'm due a busy few months in work March/April/May and unless this patch at the back end of Feb blows my socks off in some way, i'll be taking a break as i've given them 6 months to implement some decent endgame and what do we get?

Fluff and new classes before the original ones are even close to balanced or bugfixed in any way. As i said to my guildmates earlier, it feels like taking a stunningly beautiful girl home one night in anticipation of borderline illegal filthy sex, only to find out she's got a cock and more body hair than a gorilla.

Note: I'm sorry to any women with cocks and gorilla-like hair levels. I'm not sorry if you're offended, i'm just sorry you have the aforementioned.

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
i loved it. XXI grams got so owned in our instance they quit it, I got almost bar boots a whole invader suit and a tonne load of pvp kills. aoe 4tehwin

next time i can just concentrate on killing players :)

eksdee

FH is my second home
i'd like to make 2 things clear, we joined his scenario with an alliance group of 10 members of our guild and 5 from shorties. pandemic feels that he owned us as his 2 guild warbands (that's 48 people, if you didn't know) did, indeed, wipe the floor with us. somewhat unsurprisingly i might add.

secondly i realise i am taking your bait, but whatever.

so deduce from that what you will. you and your guild of randoms can go on zerging our server and claiming 'dominance' by always having superior numbers, but every game has people like you and anyone who's opinion matters know that when it comes down to it you're nothing with the zerg to back you up.

blah blah blajjj

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
i see the backup company bullshit merchant has made it here too. we'll be hearing about this for months wont we? how the almighty backup company actually won a fight while only having what? twice the number of the opposition? definately an improvement!

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Fluff and new classes before the original ones are even close to balanced or bugfixed in any way.

They need to bring new stuff in to keep the game fresh but I have to agree that not getting the endgame in a better position is a bit daft. Balancing the fixes and new content is tough and they do not seem to have gotten it right so far.

Not got a toon to T4 yet and not bothered tbh given what I read - that I guess is a statement that Mythic need to look at for themselves. T2 on K8P is busy and active and for now that and some on line friends are enough for me. No one seems to be rushing to T4 and the endgame should be the focal point.

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Thanks for the feedback, it's been forwarded.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Another IC siege on K8P today Nic. Most of my guild logged in a combination of boredom and disgust at the bugs, the lag and the choke points (not to mention not being able to get a loot bag on the rare occasion a non-aoe dps class won one due to destruction attacking players near the bag).

Have to say right now the "end game" is exactly that. The end of the game for many people.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Yeh there are mobs bugged (Monolith ones can be targetted only with nearest enemy for example), the lag skyrocketed at the start of instance when we were actually balanced but it was somewhat fun to fight inside IC, then when Destro gave up it was just another random PQ farming with the usual wierd things happening (contribution and rolls really just don't get it, moreso in what should be THE endgame).
Logged out after a while, not impressed so far is the best comment i can spare atm -.-

eksdee

FH is my second home
had some nice 6v6 beforehand and then great fights inside our scenario. got boring once order left ours (guess that means we 'won') and farming commenced. all in all it is lackluster, yes, but i say again - what exactly do/did you expect to be different?

Nate

FH is my second home
It could have been made to be a bit more like scenarios where if there aren't enough of one side it is ended I guess.

eksdee

FH is my second home
yeah that's true, the farming aspect is pathetic. we just joined 2 scenarios where it was 20-25 order vs. 0 destruction with our 12man grp and it ended with dead order, then instead of coming back they fucking LEAVE?! absolutely ridiculous.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
yeah that's true, the farming aspect is pathetic. we just joined 2 scenarios where it was 20-25 order vs. 0 destruction with our 12man grp and it ended with dead order, then instead of coming back they fucking LEAVE?! absolutely ridiculous.

Guess that has more to do with the flawed mentality that i see in this game (promoted by Mythic and the Game mechanics also i might add), that's all a rush for the "best" gear.

That means that an instance/BO/Keep where there's opposition is just a waste of time.

That said i can't completely blame those 20-25 Order if they got insta gibbed by a 12 man wb of XXI Grams and they legged it (unless they were Guild Groups also).

Vipr

One of Freddy's beloved
My subs end on the 10th and tbh i dont think im renewing, the game is still in beta imo and no matter what they say has no end content.

Ill be wandering the MMO wilderness once again :(

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH

I'd imagine it's for a similar reason to why I don't bother fighting opted guild groups with random pugs - it's like lambs to the slaughter. I dont enjoy ass-raping any more than i enjoy getting ass-raped - the idea of pvp for me is a fun challenge, not a hopeless fight.

eksdee

FH is my second home
the people the left our scenarios were guild groups/warbands actually. elysium, IX kohorta, red guard, black company and others at various points through different scenarios.

and i totally agree, pvp is about a challenge which is why it was frustrating that the guild WBs were leaving - which left the pugs to be farmed at the spawn, hence why we kept changing instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom