Cinema arm rest etiquette

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
So you're in the movie theatre in your seat. Do you have the right to the left or the right arm rest ?

What happens if you're sat between two people you don't know and the person on your left is using his right arm rest, and the person on your right is using his left arm rest ?
Do you nudge one of them off ? Do you share it ? Do you scratch your balls and mutter something about "these crabs are giving me gyp" and deliberately touch the arm on the arm rest you wanna use ? Or do you just say "excuse me mate, but I'd like to use that arm rest please" ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I always lean back and use the back of the armrest, resting my arms on my lap. So i've never really had a problem.

Or if there's a lovely lady next to me, use the armrest and tell her to rest hers on my lap :D

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
usually share it, one person goes to the front of the rest and one at the back of it

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Depends on where you put your drink first imo (If you have one) - I usually either slouch or lean onto the left arm rest... So I guess it's the left :eek: Depends really.

Borand

Fledgling Freddie
Can't say I've ever had that problem...never been in a cinema that's been more than half full. Having three cinemas in a 1.5 mile radius helps.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Get it first and it's yours.. If you remove your arm it's fair game if the other one takes it

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think you'll be between two people you don't know unless your a loner, so you should always have access to one arm rest if required. Apart from that its quite a good observation.

I think first come first serve, but you do get people who try and take over.

soze

I am a FH squatter
sit on the end seat and then i lean that way

georgie

FH is my second home
I bet if you started stroking their thigh then they'd move their arm pretty quick. :)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Just push the arm away, it probably doesnt belong to anyone anyways :>

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
I saw simpsons the movie the other day with my friend.

Had a little chav sitting next to me on the left.

I put my arm on the arm rest and he sat on the floor rofl!

Nate

FH is my second home
There has to be a sketch vid of the arm rest rule somewhere. Someone find it and I'll brrap you forever!

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
Shotgun rules for the Car only:

SHOTGUN
1. Shotgun is open to anyone (with the exception of the driver, that's just a bad idea). If a person has been invited for the car ride, then it's fair game.
2. Rule 1 may be excused for grandmothers, and sometimes other family members. Girlfreinds and boyfreinds do not count.
3. If the driver has any special rules pertaining to their car about who rides shotgun (being a gentleman and letting the ladies sit up front, etc etc) then these rules must be expressed to all passengers before the vehicle comes into sight. If not, then it's their own damn fault they forgot and they should suck it up.
4. Shotgun may be called if and ONLY IF the vehicle is in plain sight of the person making the call. Not everyone involved has to see the car, only the person calling shotgun.
5. A person riding shotgun may call "Holding Shotgun" if all passengers happen to exit the car for less then 10 minutes. (gas station, dropping stuff off etc.)

However this can be adapted to any situation at the users discretion, however global rules supercede and local rulings.

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
More rules:

RULES
=================================
1.) Shotgun is awarded to the person who calls it first.
2.) Driver must be designated before shotgun may be called. Driver must be within hearing distance of the caller.
3.) Shotgun must be called outside.
4.) Shotgun must be called within sight of the car.
5.) Shotgun may be called with "Shottie" or "Shotgun." Either is permissible.
6.) After shotgun is awarded remaining passagers may call "right nut" or "left nut" for the back passager seat and back driver-side seat respectively.
- 6a.) All previously mentioned shotgun calling procedures apply to right nut and left nut callers.
- 6b.) In the event of 5 passagers, the last remaining seat-less passager must YELL "I'm riding the penis" before entering the car. He/She is then awarded the middle rear seat a.k.a. "The PENIS".
- 6c.) In the event of a car with an occupancy higher that 5 passagers, home rules appy (please establish "home rules" in advance).
7.) After shotgun is awarded "Blitz" rules become applicable:
- 7a.) The person who calls Blitz challenges the shotgun caller to a race to the car.
- 7b.) If the Blitzer touches the car first he/she is awarded shotgun. The original shotgun caller is free to call any open seat.
- 7c.) If the Blitzer does not touch the car first the original shotgun call stands. The failed blitzer is forced to YELL and ride "The PENIS", no matter the occupancy.
- 7d.) Everyone receives only one blitz ATTEMPT per month (unused blitz attempts do NOT rollover).
8.) If the trip is cancelled or postponed, a new shotgun must be called at next departure.

AMENDMENT #1: If a rider's hand is on the passanger side door and shotgun has NOT been called then shotgun is awarded to that rider unless their hand comes off of the door.

AMENDMENT #2: Girlfriends/Boyfriends get NO special treatment!

AMMENDMENT #3: Rider's should be aware of all situations (i.e. girlfriend/boyfriend, physical disabilities, etc.) and use their better judgement. Always follow the D-BAD policy. (Don't Be A Dick!)

Mey

Part of the furniture
Craft you missed something here..

"Shotgun rules for the Car only"

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Yeah but its got nothing to do with the thread and not even remotely amusing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom